IGNORED

Team v Millwall

South stander

After a tough night on Tuesday with backs to the wall for 98 minutes, do we expect any changes for tomorrow? 

Maybe Hegeler back into the back 4?  What about Woodrow starting?  I expect not!

Fielding

Pisano

Wright

Baker

Bryan

Brownhill

Pack

Smith

Paterson

Reid

Diedhiou

subs

Lucic

O Dowda

Hegeler

Woodrow

O Neill

Eliasson

Magnússon

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I think COD should start and wouldn't be a surprise.  Also can see Hegeler coming in for Baker, who hasn't had a pre season.

I think it's about time he started to make a statement about his place in the time. He's been a passenger for too long now, not making enough impact on the game etc.

All of course in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think Eliasson should start 

I do to, think this is the perfect game for him to learn about the Championship. Millwall will be tough, aggressive and up for it, and dont get me started on their team, they will fancy trying to nick a point from us too ;)

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I do to, think this is the perfect game for him to learn about the Championship. Millwall will be tough, aggressive and up for it, and dont get me started on their team, they will fancy trying to nick a point from us too ;)

Agree. Give him a go . Let's see what we got 

I'd also start Eliasson for Paterson but can see O'Dowda taking that spot instead of JP does drop out.

I think the rest of the team will be the same again though.  LJ seems wary of criticism that he perhaps made too many unnecessary changes last season and wants to keep as settled a team as possible early on this season.

2 hours ago, South stander said:

After a tough night on Tuesday with backs to the wall for 98 minutes, do we expect any changes for tomorrow? 

Maybe Hegeler back into the back 4?  What about Woodrow starting?  I expect not!

Fielding

Pisano

Wright

Baker

Bryan

Brownhill

Pack

Smith

Paterson

Reid

Diedhiou

subs

Lucic

O Dowda

Hegeler

Woodrow

O Neill

Eliasson

Magnússon

:disapointed2se:

No, no, NO!!

You need to position your strongest stone throwers closest to the Millwall coach.

Those who are the slowest runners throw first, which the fastest sprinters throwing the last few bricks before they leg it too, before the old bill know what is going on.

Any sign of the Police horses, then run in different directions to confuse them.

Questions??

tfj

O'Dowda on the left,Magners in for Bryan,Pack & Hegeler together with Woodrow getting 25 from the bench.

Would only bring Eliason on if it's 'in the bag',or if we're chasing the game big time!

Need to guard against being bullied tomorrow,and worry about Pisano diving in-a red card waiting to happen against a side in Millwall's mould.

Millwall play a similar formation to us this season - Gregory comes off Morrison as Bobby does Famara. Their central midfield duo don't have a patch on Korey/Pack though. I really wouldn't mind us dropping Bobby deeper as a 10 and going in a sort of 4-4-1-1 tomorrow, we can over run them in the middle this way, we are to Millwall what Brentford were to us, technically miles ahead of them. I wouldn't be against Patterson coming right and starting Eliasson left for Brownhill. They'll likely start with Meridith left back who offers very little going forward so we don't require as much defensive stability from Brownhill. Wright and Baker a must for me, Morrison is no pushover and they'll lump it to him like there's no tomorrow.

I'd like to see:

Fielding
Pisano - Wright - Baker - Bryan
Patterson - Smith - Pack - Eliasson
                            Reid
                        Diedhou

Patterson can drift centrally too, he often does if you watch him closely. We're at home, the better side on paper and really should put these to bed. I think we will find out a lot of LJ's mindset and how much he's come on tactically tomorrow. Adapt to the opposition.

I can see O'Dowda coming in. He certainly livened things up on Tues & Pato had a bit of a mare. Wouldn't be amazed to see Fammy on the bench & Cauley start up top. Despite getting 2 assists I think the Brum & Brentford games have showed that he's struggling with the sheer amount of games.  

5 hours ago, cynic said:

Agreed - 20 minutes or so against Millwall (provided the circumstances are right) and start the game against Watford and take it from there.

Same for Woodrow.

Looking forward to seeing the pair of them asap.

Woodrow cup-tied for Watford, played in round 1.

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

O'Dowda on the left,Magners in for Bryan,Pack & Hegeler together with Woodrow getting 25 from the bench.

Would only bring Eliason on if it's 'in the bag',or if we're chasing the game big time!

Need to guard against being bullied tomorrow,and worry about Pisano diving in-a red card waiting to happen against a side in Millwall's mould.

Pack & Hegeler in central midfield?  Where is the energy and bite going to come from?  And why drop Bryan, who has been excellent this season?

Hegeler for Baker the only possible change for me.

Logic says Famara to start with Woodrow on after an hour but we don`t know how knackered FD is. 

One thing`s for sure, we need to stop Aiden O`Brien running straight at us - that boy has pace to burn. He`s one I really wanted us to try and get. Whether that means an extra body at DM or not (Hegeler) I don`t know

Archived