IGNORED

the end of the football programme as we know it?

Never to the dark side

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The biggest challenge for a very, very popular forum like OTIB is to handle the challenge of youth's way of interacting with OTIB.

We got the right people but need the small funding.

People can't pay £5 a season but they can buy crap food for that amount in seconds.

Are you saying the £5 should be compulsory?

How would we enforce this??

Have you thought this through?

What is it like to be in a physical relationship with a domestic appliance?

:dunno:

tfj

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think whoever is behind this hasn't done their market research properly.

E-books and such like are on the downturn, and continue to decline. Where as the appetite for printed books is on the increase...with the drive being led by the younger generation.

The same can be said of music. Everything went digital...now the biggest growth in music sales is in Vinyl.

People still crave something physical to hold, read and own.

There is still a market for printed form.

Funnily...the older generation are just catching up with digital form, and now get it and embrace it, whilst the younger generation are totally over it and looking for something else.

Funny ol world.

For all you old ens that never got to grips with digitization, and still crave print...who'd have thought that you are 'down wiv da kidz' again :laugh:

It's a rather debatable point if eBooks are on the downturn. Plus it is an unfair playing field. People who buy eBooks have to pay pretty much the same, if not more, than those who buy physical books despite the fact that all round it is a far, far cheaper product. Once publishers actually stop subsidising printed books by vastly overcharging those who buy the digital format, then eBooks will soar and the end of the printed version will be nigh. 

Digital format heralded the end of a civilised format.... Print. We all thought that the digital camera was the start of something fantastic, instead it was the start of the meaningless snaps, selfies and utter mindless carp that  passes a photog,,err photo... no I can't even compare it to the P word.

What if we had never invented the printing press? 

What if we never had those old books, Newspapers, Novels and dare I say the Bible, don't think the digital format will replace the printed word, and  of course footy  programmes.   

As an avid programme collector for most of my life, who hasn't bought one for ten years, I now realise that they are outdated. Just a one piece of paper with the squads is needed.

I would however feel that an annual "Year Book" with all the stats would be much better than a match programme where the data is added after each match Thus one booklet to store instead of over twenty.

22 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It's a rather debatable point if eBooks are on the downturn. Plus it is an unfair playing field. People who buy eBooks have to pay pretty much the same, if not more, than those who buy physical books despite the fact that all round it is a far, far cheaper product. Once publishers actually stop subsidising printed books by vastly overcharging those who buy the digital format, then eBooks will soar and the end of the printed version will be nigh. 

I'm not so sure mate...you can still download books for free with certain Apps.

As for Cost...look at Vinyl records...the most expensive form to buy now, yet the biggest increase in sales.

People are starting to dislike digitization with certain formats like print and music.

29 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I like to turn the page of a "proper" book.  Showing my age I think.

The digital format was in operation a little while back,but dispensed with for what ever reason

Subscription is a good idea, so it could be on the lines of pay in advance for 20 copys and get 23

Although I think if you now buy a match day ticket and order a  programme in advance you get 50 pence off the programme price

For the first time in years, I watched Soccer AM. They featured Frickley Athletic's programme. On one one page there is a write up of their last match. Hold your iphone over it though and you can then watch the highlights as well.

17 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

BBC points west at 6:30pm friday has an news item:

AFTER all the

GRANNYS CAT STUCK UP A TREE STORIES

about three local non league clubs who will do away with their printed match day programmes

instead

they will be in a digital format that you can down load onto your i-pad thingy

Interesting, because to qualify to play in certain non leagues it is stipulated that you must have a printed programme.

Archived