IGNORED

Pre Match Beer

Rich VFR

30 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

The bands are horrendous.

Bit of a blanket statement , the ones I've seen have been pretty varied in music and talent. Yeah not all great, but not all bad. I prefer the DJ's but it does add to the atmosphere , thought the last one was OK.

10 minutes ago, Brizzol said:

We stopped going when they stopped selling John Smiths. Great pub though. 

Went in there for the first time in many years to watch the Brighton match.

Very pleasantly surprised to find Timothy Taylors Landlord on hand pump.

That'll do for me.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Bit of a blanket statement , the ones I've seen have been pretty varied in music and talent. Yeah not all great, but not all bad. I prefer the DJ's but it does add to the atmosphere , thought the last one was OK.

Absolutely right.  Seems Aaron's musical taste is restricted if most other music is "horrendous"......,.

32 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If you want a home pub near the ground then the Coopers on Ashton Road is by far the best. 

Yeah, always went in there before the redevelopment or sat on on the wall on Natch Hill with a few cans from the corner shop.

Haven't t been in there for a while now.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, you'd think the 'friends who regularly go to AG' might have been able to recommend a 'home pub.'

we're playing Millwall, someone comes on and asks where is the best home pub is in Bedminster - then doesn't post again .

think about it

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. 

Got to the ground fairly late so literally had to get a quick Heineken, down it and head in.

Walked into the city after to meet the good lady and stopped off in King Street which had some great beers on offer as well as a male choir. 

It did involve walking through the away support which was 'interesting' but a friendly copper asked to see my shirt and then directed me on the right path.

Very impressed with the ground and has changed massively since my last visit. I will definitely be coming again. 

To the sceptical contingent... my 'friend's' all drive straight to the game from Burnham on Sea so do not usually head into the ground via the city.

Stadium is certainly one to be proud of and I look forward to coming again. 

Archived