IGNORED

The lee johnson is taking us to europe song

Cider red

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Almost every song that gets used at football is a plagiarism of one that originated elsewhere. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's nothing really unique or special about us as a fan base.

Actually I think to our credit we have far more unique songs than most clubs at this level, we're far less copycat than most fan bases imo.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Actually I think to our credit we have far more unique songs than most clubs at this level, we're far less copycat than most fan bases imo.

I think all clubs have songs and chants that originated from within.

But a number of songs you'll hear today will be heard up and down the country with different team names inserted. 

It all seems a bit of a fuss about nothing. Any noise from the stands should be seen as a good thing, who cares if other teams use similar chants?

40 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think all clubs have songs and chants that originated from within.

But a number of songs you'll hear today will be heard up and down the country with different team names inserted. 

It all seems a bit of a fuss about nothing. Any noise from the stands should be seen as a good thing, who cares if other teams use similar chants?

I agree but it is nice when we sing songs that only we sing, shows originality.

Even the way we sing 'ole ole ole Bristol City' is unique with the upward inflection in 'City'.

All clubs have largely the same catalogue of standard songs though you're right.

In all seriousness, a lot of kids sing it because of the bouncy bit and they're just trying to have a good time.

Don't get me wrong, the lyrics are ridiculous and I don't join in but a lot of older blokes calling them ******* for signing it (as was happening around me) seems more ridiculous. It's a lot of youngster trying to generate an atmosphere, that's all. 

We were laughing at the irony of blokes in there 40s/50s calling them ******* when they were probably bigger dicks at times in the 80s and 90s.

It will die out soon, I'm sure!

17 hours ago, Shtanley said:

We've had worse we've had better. Much better than calling Darrel Clarke's mother names. I honestly can't stand that vulgar "chant"

She shouldn't allegedly solicit her services for sterling then.

Are we going to ban singing come on you reds ? Because every club that plays in reds sings it.   

Im in the singing section and will sing most songs , some I'm not keen on but will join in  to create an atmosphere ,  this section 82 malarkey I'm behind the ethos , however sometimes appear to be a bit up themselves , not every song can be 100 percent unique to city, or have to contain the c word. Or try to ban songs other teams might sing , this is in the part of the ground that sings , however doesn't like being called the singing section ! 

20 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I also hope we never try singing "everywhere we go, everywhere we go, we are the Scunthorpe/Brighton/Wycombe (delete as appropriate) boys making all the noise".... Or "we support the Bournemouth/Tamworth/Darlington, and thats the way we like it". Both of those are cringeworthy as well.

Yes. The worst song in the history of football songs.

Does my swede in. 

10 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

But up until her death you were quite happy to call her a whore? But you feel now she's no longer with us it's a step too far? Gaslogic ? 

It is a little ironic as she's no longer here to be offended by it. 

4 hours ago, Raging_Robin said:

Why wasn't anyone saying this about the "Aden Flint is having a party" song? That was stolen too (word for word apart from Aden Flint). I think it was Tottenhams to begin with. 

Good point. few years ago it wouldn't have taken off but what influences fans now is different.

think what people are showing is a bit of disappointment and snobbery. Palace were looked down upon they at nicknamed the nigels as in nerdy nigels. nothing to see there or be impressed by but due to their fans the HF  they are now leaders and influence other clubs fans. now Bristol City fans imitate them and everybody else and for various reasons it was not always like that.. 

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:36, Trueredsupporte said:

Exactly. move on. stick the tribalism in the cupboard marked  past. All these supposed original songs City had often were pro violence piss ups and worse. Its a new era now. 

And what's wrong with a good piss up? :drunk2: 

Not mad keen on the violence mind :( 

7 hours ago, kivsy said:

Are we going to ban singing come on you reds ? Because every club that plays in reds sings it.   

Im in the singing section and will sing most songs , some I'm not keen on but will join in  to create an atmosphere ,  this section 82 malarkey I'm behind the ethos , however sometimes appear to be a bit up themselves , not every song can be 100 percent unique to city, or have to contain the c word. Or try to ban songs other teams might sing , this is in the part of the ground that sings , however doesn't like being called the singing section ! 

Hi Kivsy.

I don't know where you get the idea that the lads who are involved in the 'Section 82' movement are "a bit up themselves".  If you break down the number of lads involved in setting up the flags, designing and selling stickers, organising displays, volunteering their time to go to the ground on Friday evenings or early Saturday mornings to set up, staying behind at the end to clear everything up, keeping an eye on whether some people are trying to nick the flags and take them home, etc, etc, then there are probably about 10 of us maximum.

Of those 10, none of them are really 'that' bothered about this particular song, nor where is was pilfered from.  Me personally, I think it's just a tad s*** as a song, but I don't have any qualms about anyone starting it and trying to get others to join in.  None of us are particularly "up ourselves" about this song, nor do we wish to dictate to anyone what songs they can or can't sing.  All we are trying to do is create an area which has colour, vibrancy and noise - the noise is something the 10 of us have no control over, that is up to the 1,200 others in the unreserved area, and those in the rest of the stadium.
We will start some songs, many others also start songs.  If you like it, you'll join in, if you don't you won't.

Ultimately though, we don't want 'Section 82' to be isolated to just 10 of us who are active in the flags/colour/display group - we want everyone in the area to feel as if they are part of Section 82 (just as people felt they were part of 'The East End', this should just be considered as an 'area' or 'section' of the ground, as opposed to people thinking it's just a bunch of protagonists who are up themselves).  We want everyone in the area to feel as if they are part of 'Section 82'.

Anyway - enough of that.  Let me now talk about a HUGE misunderstanding that has been set in place (I think they call it 'The Mandela Effect' - i.e. something that people repeat often enough that it becomes the truth).
This song was NOT and NEVER WAS invented by Crystal Palace.  Why everyone seems to think so, I have no idea.
The first time I saw any recorded footage of this song was from Ajax fans.  I then saw it copied by Celtic fans.  It was a good few months, nay, maybe even a year til I started hearing it at English clubs, and even then I heard Stevenage sing it before I ever heard Palace sing it.

So, whatever anyone actually thinks of this song, be assured that if we sing it, we're not nicking it from Palace, as they'd already nicked it from either Ajax, Celtic or Stevenage.
It is a truth that most teams sing the same songs, so I have no care whether we sing this song or not - I just find the song itself a bit s***.
We have our unique songs such as Drink Up Thy Zider, I Am A Cider Drinker, Blackbird I'll 'Ave 'E.  But every other song we sing is not unique to us.

We've had a couple of more unique songs in the last year or two that for whatever reason haven't caught on to the masses - 'We Fell In Love With Marlon Pack' and 'Little, Mark Little', being two, plus the Pisa, Pisa, Pisano shout currently building.  As far as I can recall though, everything else we sing is not uniquely ours.  So I hope that reassures you Kivsy that I am not "up myself".

Archived