IGNORED

Barnsley

Gillies Downs Leeds

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I see that the Daily Mail are reporting today that Barnsley are going to be taken over by a Chinese owner. The amount of foreign investment into the English game shows no sign of slowing down.

I fail to see how a Chinese investor can claim to have any genuine interest in whippets?

I really don't get this one - AT ALL.

:dunno:

tfj

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Fair play to them they might actually keep some players.

If thought about this ..........

It would be quite funny to see Barnsley stealing players off the likes of Man City and Chelski.

It would also be lovely to here the £300M left back Barnsley sign from Paris SG, claiming he had always wanted to play for Barnsley since he was a lad (pictured with flat hat and brand new 17-plate Whippet).

Bring it on.

:rofl2br:

tfj

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

The chinese are everywhere, also here in my small town in Sweden.

Do we hear you complaining after a delicious meal of crispy duck and satay chicken??

:no:

Wait until the exodus begins from North Korea - then you'll have summut to complain about.

I'd get your dog chipped sooner rather than later - know what I mean? 

:rolleyes:

tfj

9 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Do we hear you complaining after a delicious meal of crispy duck and satay chicken??

Wait until the exodus begins from North Korea - then you'll have summut to complain about.

tfj

Chipped dog - do the Koreans have that with rice or noodles?

8 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

tfj

First chinese family here in the 70 ties. Restaurant good food and nice people, they still live here. Have nothing against the chinese people. The rich chinese people have so mutch money we can not imagine. Anyway as always Coyr!!!

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Its just what we do in this country now - build a service/brand/product sell it to Americans/Chinese and move on to building something else.

Wally might want to read the instruction booklet on that again...!

22 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I see that the Daily Mail are reporting today that Barnsley are going to be taken over by a Chinese owner. The amount of foreign investment into the English game shows no sign of slowing down.

surely the FA should stop this. I mean the English game will be owned by foreigners.

Been the main talk on our forum for a week or so.  Obviously, Patrick Cryne, as we know, is terminally ill, so we know that the question of ownership had to be addressed in the not too distant future.  I am really not sure how I feel about the potential new owners though.  

As some of you have pointed out above, in less than flattering terms :) , the question is "why Barnsley".  Why indeed.  I suppose you could argue that the size of the fanbase, and therefore the potential to grow income from the possible increased attendances should we push on is almost of no relevance compared to the stupid riches on offer in the Premier league, and therefore any club will do if you can manage to get them into the greed league.  Cash galore from there on, whether you are Man City, Barnsley or Accrington Stanley.  But do we really want an owner who has no connection to the  club and is clearly only going to be interested in the club as a business opportunity (and how many people really make money out of football).  I just don't know.  

The alternative of course is that we do nothing, pass the club to Cryne's son who has no interest, and continue to flounder against the odds, eventually settling into a natural new reality as a permanent L1 club.

Uncertain times.

Good to see Patrick Cryne attended the game yesterday and apparently looked quite well.  I haven't heard anything about him for weeks and thought we might never see him in public again.  I guarantee that being at the game will have nothing for his well being - you sound like you weren't impressed with yesterday's showing but I can guarantee we were worse.  Most embarrassing, pathetic display in a local derby in my lifetime.  After  it all looked so good against Forest in midweek.

Since we  played you on day 1, we have shown signs that we have brought a number of very good individual players into the squad and we look quite exciting going forward.  Against Forest on Tuesday we  rode our luck but played very well and deserved the victory, just about.  We showed glimpses of promise against Ipswich as  well.  But we  can't defend to save our life at the moment and it looks like we need to score 3 to get anything out of a game.  Combination of both a shaky back 4, after losing Roberts, plus midfield not offering any protection.  It is clearly going to take some time to gel and I am worried that we may be cut adrift before it comes together but we live in hope.  There is a reasonable chance that we have a bunch of lads that are just not good enough for the championship.  But there is also a reasonable chance that it will come good through coaching and familiarity and the Barnsley you saw on day 1 won't be the same Barnsley that pushes into the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, redsfan said:

Been the main talk on our forum for a week or so.  Obviously, Patrick Cryne, as we know, is terminally ill, so we know that the question of ownership had to be addressed in the not too distant future.  I am really not sure how I feel about the potential new owners though.  

As some of you have pointed out above, in less than flattering terms :) , the question is "why Barnsley".  Why indeed.  I suppose you could argue that the size of the fanbase, and therefore the potential to grow income from the possible increased attendances should we push on is almost of no relevance compared to the stupid riches on offer in the Premier league, and therefore any club will do if you can manage to get them into the greed league.  Cash galore from there on, whether you are Man City, Barnsley or Accrington Stanley.  But do we really want an owner who has no connection to the  club and is clearly only going to be interested in the club as a business opportunity (and how many people really make money out of football).  I just don't know.  

The alternative of course is that we do nothing, pass the club to Cryne's son who has no interest, and continue to flounder against the odds, eventually settling into a natural new reality as a permanent L1 club.

Uncertain times.

Good to see Patrick Cryne attended the game yesterday and apparently looked quite well.  I haven't heard anything about him for weeks and thought we might never see him in public again.  I guarantee that being at the game will have nothing for his well being - you sound like you weren't impressed with yesterday's showing but I can guarantee we were worse.  Most embarrassing, pathetic display in a local derby in my lifetime.  After  it all looked so good against Forest in midweek.

Since we  played you on day 1, we have shown signs that we have brought a number of very good individual players into the squad and we look quite exciting going forward.  Against Forest on Tuesday we  rode our luck but played very well and deserved the victory, just about.  We showed glimpses of promise against Ipswich as  well.  But we  can't defend to save our life at the moment and it looks like we need to score 3 to get anything out of a game.  Combination of both a shaky back 4, after losing Roberts, plus midfield not offering any protection.  It is clearly going to take some time to gel and I am worried that we may be cut adrift before it comes together but we live in hope.  There is a reasonable chance that we have a bunch of lads that are just not good enough for the championship.  But there is also a reasonable chance that it will come good through coaching and familiarity and the Barnsley you saw on day 1 won't be the same Barnsley that pushes into the second half of the season.

In reply to the second part of your post, sounds  like us last year .

Archived