IGNORED

I'll take 4th bottom now

screech

15 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

What's the problem. 1 loss in 4, 3 points to 5th. The transfer window is still open with a big fee to come for Flint.

Everyone on this forum seemed to be happy with a mid table finish at the beginning of the season, and that's where we are. 

The constant negativity is why this club will never succeed. 

The problem is we're still dropping points and not winning games we need to be, the season is only 4 games in and we're yet to play any real top half teams. Birmingham are shite and we lost to them after taking the lead, Millwall are shite and we did nothing against them at home and Barnsley look like a team who could end up sat at 24th if they don't improve as the season goes on. It's not even the results, it's the performance, today was poor on all counts, we gave away 7 corners in the first 20 minutes, we didn't have a shot on target until the second half and all in all we looked no better than Millwall at all.
I'm all for being positive but I see no change from last season, we're mediocre and one week we turn up and the next we don't, the manager STILL doesn't seem to know what his tactics are and when he talks he sounds very professional but doesn't actually offer **** all insight at all. 

I really wanted LJ to change my mind, the result at Barnsley was nice but from that game onwards we have not looked good which leads me to believe that Barnsley made us look better than we are.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I love you as a poster Joe, I think you know the game very well.... but the last line annoys me so much. 

Why criticise FF for his kicking when it's just as good as everyone else in our team who just sends it long. Every ****** is doing it from the back and it can't be coincidence, it has to be our tactics. If Frankie finds touch then it's a damn sight better than our centre halves finding one of their players so that the ball can come back with interest. 

Frankie won us that point today, just like Tuesday, but people are too quick to get on his back rather than anyone else's. Shall we try the bloke who chooses the tactics?

True I probably shouldn't have but think it set the tone early when we had goal kicks. FF took his time when he could've been a bit quicker. Instead he took his time and had to push the team up the pitch. Then his kicks didn't make it near anyone, it invited them back into our box. This helped lead to think 11 first half corners for them. 

The game plan has to be an XI. FF saved us a point today no doubt but imo, didn't help with the high energy quick passing game from the back. There was one occasion where he did play it quickly and it took out 4 of their players who were pressing high. It came to nothing but probably one of the few times we had numbers to make something happen. Maybe it wasn't meant to be today as everyone was quite lethargic. 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes, but it's the bloke running the club behind that.  The same bloke who for over a decade has promised Premiership football, but clearly isn't committed, given the continuing shambles of coaching and recruitment staff, and the unwillingness to spend what is necessary on players or bring in other investors.  

Can see little change at Ashton Gate under his stewardship.  Same old, same old.  We will be lucky to escape relegation back to our comfort zone of division three AGAIN,.

Problem is 50% of our fans believe it's the right way to go,get a young manager in instead of a proven manager,until the mindset at our club changes the same mistakes will keep happening.Its like  Ipswich somebody wrote they were doomed and I said as long as mick was in charge they will be fine with no money to spend

1 minute ago, cummins17 said:

I feel like we've been screaming out for a real top class championship centre midfielder for the past 2 years now, hope we will see one come in with the Flint money

This. Every fan around me today was saying the same. Our midfield is the issue and we need a creator. Problem is I don't think Johnson agrees. 

3 minutes ago, john shaw number 1 said:

Don't know what game most people  on here were watching but the millwall keeper had a easy day, played ourselves into trouble  in defence, no midfield and a very lightweight attack, Big improvement needed for villa game

Jordan Archer. Millwall fans were calling for him to be dropped after recent errors. He had nothing to do bar one parry from Reid. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nothing to do with FF today. Outplayed lucky to get a point. Also we lack height in our team. Outmuscled. Also COD has had enough time now for me . Just doesn't affect the game enough. Thought it would be perfect for eliasson to come on . Give the crowd a lift. But poor all round today 

I don't know. COD was willing to get on the ball and push us up the pitch with his pace and dribbling. I get why many are on him because it rarely comes to anything. 

FWIW, I would've brought Eliasson on as well and probably for Pato. Just didn't make it happen today. Still worked hard but not the type of player where working hard is enough. He's one we look to when we need to make things happen going forward. 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Problem is 50% of our fans believe it's the right way to go,get a young manager in instead of a proven manager,until the mindset at our club changes the same mistakes will keep happening.Its like  Ipswich somebody wrote they were doomed and I said as long as mick was in charge they will be fine with no money to spend

agree, and hows that nasty manager at Cardiff getting on....Old Warnock what does he know?   ...... I know FOOTBALL

I have seen every league game this season and today and Brentford, Birmingham 2nd half have all been dire. Our midfield is simply not good enough. The lack of ideas, tempo, movement in the team is a real concern.

We will do well to avoid a relegation battle. Alot of money spent but yet to see any real improvement. Worrying.

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

agree, and hows that nasty manager at Cardiff getting on....Old Warnock what does he know?   ...... I know FOOTBALL

LJ can whip up a nice omlette after his time spent in the Michelin starred restaurant though.

6 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

Here we go, "happy clappy". 

Facts are, we've lost 1 in 4 and we sit mid table. 

Try and argue it as much as you like, those are the facts. 

As I pointed out on the match day thread, the four teams we've played so far, between them, have amassed a total of 10 points from 16 games. 5 (exactly half) of those points have been won in the 4 matches against us. In their other 12 games they've managed to accrue a spectacular 5 whole points.

We may be mid-table for now but that suggests we won't be for much longer unless we improve dramatically.

17 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

You can blame players all you like but they didn't bring themselves here, or select themselves and shouldn't Eli be up to speed or why sign him? stop avoiding the real problem.

I'm sure he's physically ready but he still needs to be fit into the team. I would've brought him on but I get why he's isn't starting just yet. 

Players were lethargic. You can place blame on them too. I'm not partial to LJ but don't think he could've done much more today to change the game. He used 2 subs at an hour and another 10 min later. Too many pedestrians today in the XI. Maybe tiredness had a role. I'm not happy with today but it's still early. I would really like to judge the squad down another few games but get not everyone will. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm sure he's physically ready but he still needs to be fit into the team. I would've brought him on but I get why he's isn't starting just yet. 

Players were lethargic. You can place blame on them too. I'm not partial to LJ but don't think he could've done much more today to change the game. He used 2 subs at an hour and another 10 min later. Too many pedestrians today in the XI. Maybe tiredness had a role. I'm not happy with today but it's still early. I would really like to judge the squad down another few games but get not everyone will. 

You must have seen who we play in our next few games, a bit further up this thread, dosent look to hopefull.......does it, come on :dunno:I think we will be in a tunnel soon a dark one.

12 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

I feel like we've been screaming out for a real top class championship centre midfielder for the past 2 years now, hope we will see one come in with the Flint money

There is no chance of that happening. LJ has said we have great options in midfield so evidently sees no problem.

He has said we might go for a keeper but that is all. We are stuck with what we have in midfield, not an encouraging thought.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If they're tired already a lot more fitness work would seem to be in order.

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Never heard of him,is that the bloke who has the most promotions in England,not good enough for us let's go for a nice bloke who is a fraud 

Trouble is its a mind-set and SL`s at that, even if LJ walks/is pushed sometime, when-ever, will there be any diversion from the "plan"  no sadly imo not, it will be same again. As he pays that's it...future is set.... where-ever that is.

49 minutes ago, screech said:

This is pitiful!

Two very poor teams at this level on show today,both of whom should be in the shakeup for relegation.

Both sides were there for the taking(especially us),but neither with the wherwithal to take advantage.like wading through treacle in lead hobnails just watching it.were' piss weak,and I'm being generous.

Well done to Frank-have been critical of him but saved us another point today, thanks fella.

As for Famara-if this guy is a 5,000,000 quid player then I'm the Duchess of Cambridge.aimless thoughtless running around,full stop.zero pace,zero presence.and don't try telling me he needs time to get used to this level..

Make no mistake,and don't be fooled with only one defeat in four-we is in trouble lovely boy.

As I said after the Brentford game and got shot down, we have very little attacking threat. No pace, no strength. Bobby has had a good start and can link play ok but he's not an outlet up top. Fam is a big concern as he does not look a 5 mill striker. Woodrow may do well but he's not the quick striker we were crying out for. 

Also agree with comments about the midfield. Would love a Jackson Irvine type signing but I won't hold my breath 

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If they're tired already a lot more fitness work would seem to be in order.

Championship fit and match fit are two different things. Especially at the pace we started at. It's my opinion and could possibly be rubbish but for whatever reason they were slow and unenergetic today. I wasn't at Brentford but sounded like they were poor but still worked their socks off. At the end of today probably half of the players from both sides dropped straight down at full time. 

Archived