IGNORED

I'll take 4th bottom now

screech

5 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

The ones who have called it ALL summer, we are heading into that direction again unfortunately. LJ still has 5 games to show what he can do. Keep on being an Ostrich mate. While some of us will call it how it is.

I don't think you'll find I'm an ostrich?  Maybe I misread your post, LJ should have gone months ago.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Do you believe that playing 50% of said dire midfield out of position is helpful?.

Not sure what you mean here? Pack and Smith are both central midfielders played in central midfield. Paterson is a wide player. Only question mark for me is Josh but would be harsh to have dropped him after scoring on Tues.

Do you honestly believe that he has spent loadsamoney wisely?.

No but I've never said he has? We pay fees that are par for the course of the type of player we buy. Johnson doesn't dictate the market conditions unfortunately  

Do you honestly believe that we in our present format are going to be a mid table side, come the end of the season?.

Well you can only judge on what you've seen. As things stand we're on course for a mid table finish. 

Patterson is a number 10 in the position that Reid is presently playing, Brownhill is a central midfielder.

But Johnson should be able to dictate whether that money is being spent wisely and whether all of this expensive talent is good enough to actually play at championship level and even giving these players a fair chance to prove that they can, instead of lining the bench with them, all of that has little to do with 'market conditions'.

The last sentence is just wrong, on what we've seen we are not a mid table side, on what we've seen we are the same confused soft side of last season, as things stand we are on course for another struggle, but yes we have 5 points and sit mid table, a false position indeed.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Patterson is a number 10 in the position that Reid is presently playing, Brownhill is a central midfielder.

But Johnson should be able to dictate whether that money is being spent wisely and whether all of this expensive talent is good enough to actually play at championship level and even giving these players a fair chance to prove that they can, instead of lining the bench with them, all of that has little to do with 'market conditions'.

The last sentence is just wrong, on what we've seen we are not a mid table side, on what we've seen we are the same confused soft side of last season, as things stand we are on course for another struggle, but yes we have 5 points and sit mid table, a false position indeed.

Paterson has played wide plenty, most decent attacking players will be comfortable anywhere across an attacking 3. Paterson is equally capable of playing wide as he is centrally IMO. I think Brownhill is much better used centrally. 

The table doesn't lie Es. As of right now we're a mid table side - you can't spin that any other way. 

Everyone says they want us to be a mid table side and now we seem to be capable of being one everyone is in hysterics. 

I was as frustrated as anyone with a draw today but it was a 0-0 draw, not a 5-0 drubbing. Let's try and keep some perspective. 

1 defeat in 4 is a reasonably solid if unspectacular start.

Improvements needed for sure but reading this place you'd think we were bottom and pointless!

I was embarrassed to be a City fan today... Truly woeful from start to finish the only positives are how we somehow managed to keep a clean sheet!

I wanted to give LJ 10 games after Tuesday but honesty it is just so bad I just can't see anything other than relegation under Lee..  

Why o why was Warnock not brought in, we would be challenging this season with out a doubt. Poor decisions from the top continually hamper the positives at this club!! 

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Lots of drama as usual after a poor game. Yes it was a dire game but it was 0-0 FFS - you'd think we'd got hammered reading this forum. 

10% of the way through the season and we're closer to the playoffs than the drop zone.

We are, as of right now, the very definition of a mid table team. Exactly what everyone said they'd be happy with. Now we are that team it's the usual hysterics that it's not something else. 

We were ******* Awful!!!

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Not denying that, I said as much on the matchday thread. But every team in this league is going to have games like that today.

I'm not so sure about that, we were woefully short from start to finish, I didn't rise off my seat once today that's how shit we were.. Also weren't we this shit Tuesday as well?

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

We were ******* Awful!!!

and they "played it there way" said LJ ; well of course they did, we all know the Wall way, it will be tough, players will be "battered and bruised" the question is; why didn't you know this and adjust our team selection to deal with it? that's what managers do.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

and they "played it there way" said LJ ; well of course they did, we all know the Wall way, it will be tough, players will be "battered and bruised" the question is; why didn't you know this and adjust our team selection to deal with it? that's what managers do.

Painful to listen to isn't he!!

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

I'm not so sure about that, we were woefully short from start to finish, I didn't rise off my seat once today that's how shit we were.. Also weren't we this shit Tuesday as well?

That's my point though, every team in this league will have days when they're shit. 

I regularly speak to fans of every other club in the league. I know Sunderland fans who say they were shit, Villa fans who say they were shit, Derby fans who say they were shit..

I just think people tend to massively overreact to a very small portion of the season as a whole. It'd be typical City - and typical Championship - for us to struggle today and then beat Villa. 

Ten games or so and then you can probably start making reasonably solid insights into how the season will go. But all teams in the league are still trying to find their feet. 

Ten sides in the league have better our points return so far. If we can still say the same after 46 games I'll be chuffed :) 

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

True enough but against a side like that you also need players who are not physical cowards and don't duck out of challenges.

It's a cliche but you have to match the opposition physically to earn the right to play.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's my point though, every team in this league will have days when they're shit. 

I regularly speak to fans of every other club in the league. I know Sunderland fans who say they were shit, Villa fans who say they were shit, Derby fans who say they were shit..

I just think people tend to massively overreact to a very small portion of the season as a whole. It'd be typical City - and typical Championship - for us to struggle today and then beat Villa. 

Ten games or so and then you can probably start making reasonably solid insights into how the season will go. But all teams in the league are still trying to find their feet. 

Ten sides in the league have better our points return so far. If we can still say the same after 46 games I'll be chuffed :) 

you`ve seen our next few games coming up, haven't you........now they will be tough......but yes we will see. Thank gawd for Frankie I say, hope he stays injury and head turning free.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

True enough but against a side like that you also need players who are not physical cowards and don't duck out of challenges.

It's a cliche but you have to match the opposition physically to earn the right to play.

You mean the likes of Flint, Wilbs and yes Tomlin too .......:bruce_h4h:

3 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

It's not working out, feels like Lansdown is holding on to a sinking ship while trying to tell passengers all is ok.

trouble is will he just swap one for another like minded man; even leaving the hiring and firing to someone else might not work as he would have hired that someone else.

I see no ships on the horizon, we seem to be rudderless.

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

It's not working out, feels like Lansdown is holding on to a sinking ship while trying to tell passengers all is ok.

I'm no Leanardo Di'Caprio and I'm certainly not holding on to Kate Winslet but I feel the icy depths beckoning me whilst stood on the decks of this ship.