IGNORED

I'll take 4th bottom now

screech

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah but that's the Championship isn't it. So unpredictable. It would be typical of both City and this league for us to struggle today and beat Villa (we can hope). 

They say ten games is normally a good barometer and if we're still mid table after ten I'll be happy. 

It's a results game and if we get sucked into another relegation scrap after 10-15 games then action will need to be taken. 

As somebody who doesn't always agree with your posts I can't disagree with this 

(My concern is the fixtures we've played compared to what's to come and the repeating various warning signs)

Genuine question , ( as you are somebody that definitely doesn't 'knee jerk' tbf)

If we are in the bottom 5 without any real evidence of progress after 10 ? 15 games ? What action would you take ?

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Being unable to score against the bottom club and relegation favourites today shows how limited a side we are.  

The first 45 minutes of this season gave me real hope. I know we were facing Barnsley and their side full of youth players, but we looked sharp, crisp and dangerous. Today - apart from perhaps the first10 minutes of the second half we looked none of those things.

Things have all gone downhill since that first half on the first day (if you don't count our win over Plymouth reserves) and - with the big teams due here shortly - we look like relegation zone regulars in waiting.

I wasn't particularly impressed with any of the new boys today, and now it's indisputably "Johnson's team" he hasn't even got the excuse that we're "work in progress".

One definition of work in progress is:

"something that is being developed or suggested but that is not yet complete"

The current City team is definitely not complete and it's definitely not developing. If anything, the team is getting worse.

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

One definition of work in progress is:

"something that is being developed or suggested but that is not yet complete"

The current City team is definitely not complete and it's definitely not developing. If anything, the team is getting worse.

Yep, more work in regress than work in progress :blink:

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I disagree, action needs to be taken now.  I see nothing that suggests we have improved since last season, how many players will we buy in Jan?  

Get shot now and give the new head coach a fighting chance.

Action won't be taken. Even if we went down SL would keep LJ. All very frustrating. The club has so much potential but a being held back. 

3 hours ago, Raging_Robin said:

What's the problem. 1 loss in 4, 3 points to 5th. The transfer window is still open with a big fee to come for Flint.

Everyone on this forum seemed to be happy with a mid table finish at the beginning of the season, and that's where we are. 

The constant negativity is why this club will never succeed. 

Completely agree. Genuinely convinced certain people on here take some sort of pleasure from us playing poorly so they can have a meltdown. 

Poor performance today but reading this forum this evening you'd think we'd been spanked 4-0. 

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2203.JPG

Problem is I think most clubs suffer from fans like these.

My issue and many people's I imagine is that LJ don't know what he is doing if plan A fails. 

Redknapp, Clough, Warnock they all get it and adapt straight away. 

Against us (Cardiff last year, Birmingham end of season and the other week) they adapted to combat our strengths and it paid off. 

37 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I disagree, action needs to be taken now.  I see nothing that suggests we have improved since last season, how many players will we buy in Jan?  

Get shot now and give the new head coach a fighting chance.

Sack a manager after 4 games when you're two points off the playoffs :laugh: 

We're not Leeds. 

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(My concern is the fixtures we've played compared to what's to come and the repeating various warning signs)

Genuine question , ( as you are somebody that definitely doesn't 'knee jerk' tbf)

If we are in the bottom 5 without any real evidence of progress after 10 ? 15 games ? What action would you take ?

I was calling for Johnson's head during the depths of the dismal run last year. IMO another season like the two before it is complete failure. 

So for me if I was Lansdown, if another relegation scrap is on the cards afer 10-15 games I would be holding my hands up and saying that I got it wrong and a change is needed. Would he do that though? Not sure.

But would be ridiculous after 4 games when you're in the top half of the table. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I was calling for Johnson's head during the depths of the dismal run last year. IMO another season like the two before it is complete failure. 

So for me if I was Lansdown, if another relegation scrap is on the cards afer 10-15 games I would be holding my hands up and saying that I got it wrong and a change is needed. Would he do that though? Not sure.

But would be ridiculous after 4 games when you're in the top half of the table. 

Think that's pretty sensible / fair

My concerns are , digging below the surface of 5 points and mid table as it stands , is that the indicators are that we are no nearer any consistency or progress (IMHO)

and 

I also believe the recruitment has been )on the whole) very messy , misguided and hap hazard and I'm not sure it's a squad that somebody else could turn into a decent side

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Appreciate you're not asking me, but I'd say 15 games to be able to justifiably pull the trigger if in the bottom 5 (and there isn't a horrendously bunched 6th-20th going on).

If we had a different fixture list then I'd say 10 games is enough considering last season, but September is a horrendous set of matches and I think leeway (no pun intended) should be given for that. 

I'm not that concerned about the manager and his tactics at the moment as he'll be gone after 10 games if we carry on like this. What does concern me is the absence of any real inspiration in the squad. At this level, we've always tended to have one or, if we're lucky, two players who you're certain will go on to bigger and better things - right now, I'm really struggling to see who fits that bill. 

Baker aside - and I hope I'm proven wrong - I don't think we're recruited well this summer.

4 hours ago, BITW said:

Completely agree. Genuinely convinced certain people on here take some sort of pleasure from us playing poorly so they can have a meltdown. 

Poor performance today but reading this forum this evening you'd think we'd been spanked 4-0. 

Like everything,  it's all to do with context. 

And that context is, the only way we would have beaten at home a very mediocre and poorly financed side was if we'd have nicked a goal against the run of play.

I'm afraid today was dire. Millwall's second point at this level and a fairly easy one. Only one group of supporters was happy.

No way to dress it up.

21 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Once Famara gets settled and up to speed with Championship football he will be a real threat and the goals will come. Seem to remember Kodjia took at least 10 games before he started hitting the net on a regular basis and he too was questioned by fans early doors. 

Kodji scored 6 in his first 10 Championship games.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 17:03, Raging_Robin said:

What's the problem. 1 loss in 4, 3 points to 5th. The transfer window is still open with a big fee to come for Flint.

Everyone on this forum seemed to be happy with a mid table finish at the beginning of the season, and that's where we are. 

The constant negativity is why this club will never succeed. 

I'm flattered you think we make that much difference!

21 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

Am I still talking "bollox"? Played 6 lost 1. 

I am happy clapping still.... "clap, clap, clap". Great away win, 9th in the league and playing some decent football. 

Few more games to go, but here is some actual reality and facts my friend.

Villa 0-0

Reading 0-1

COYR's

How tragic, just enjoy the win mate.

8 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

Funny that, look through the thread and see what abuse I got for saying we were doing ok. It's not ok for me to fight back now with facts though. Very odd. 

It is, and for what it's worth I agree with you - I think we are actually close to being a very good team - it just strikes me as odd when people bump old threads to prove a point.

Archived