IGNORED

I'll take 4th bottom now

screech

On 8/19/2017 at 19:20, ncnsbcfc said:

We've taken 5 points from 3 teams in the bottom 5, and the other team lost to Burton yesterday.

We've not played any half way decent teams yet.

I'm afraid this season is going to be a long hard slog

Hmmm.

You may well have been right at the time, but now that we have played some 'half way decent teams', things are looking just a little bit rosier.  

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’d take 4th bottom, we’d still be in this division (not league)....!

In reality though, I thought we’d finish around 12th to 15th this season back in Aug....still think that could be the case, and I would love it!!!! This is a tough, tough division (not league) and we are competing! Wahey!

I wouldn't.

And I'm one of those regularly dubbed a "happy clapper".

Having read through the first few embarrassingly histrionic pages of this thread I found myself agreeing with you on pretty much most points you raised (but a somewhat pedantic disagreement over the "the table doesn't lie" one). But to be happy with just being 4th bottom is IMO poor now.

We are in our third season up and need to start making progress, last season our finish was just about acceptable considering we had to build a squad as SC went with a bare bones one and the disruptive factor of a certain player- this of course doesn't make the losing run we had acceptable.

But now we need to be making a bit more progress.

I'm not saying we should be expecting a playoff fight- I personally predicted we'd be around 14th this season, would now raise that to competing for top 10- but something along the lines of never being in the relegation fight (even if we finished just a few places above, like 17th) isn't an unreasonable expectation.

I personally would still be happy with a 14th or above finish. We are, IMO, overachieving right now and I dread to think how obscenely OTT the reaction by certain posters on here will be when we fall away a bit.

And while happy with 14th, if someone offered me 14th now I'd take the gamble and hope I am wrong about us falling away from the top 6.

I'm rambling a bit now, but going back to settling for 4th bottom still. If we drew every single league game for the rest of the season we would have 61 points. Last year 61 points gets a 14th place finish and the season before 12th.

So for us to end up 4th bottom it would take a run that eclipses last seasons one which would be absolutely unacceptable

26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wouldn't.

And I'm one of those regularly dubbed a "happy clapper".

Having read through the first few embarrassingly histrionic pages of this thread I found myself agreeing with you on pretty much most points you raised (but a somewhat pedantic disagreement over the "the table doesn't lie" one). But to be happy with just being 4th bottom is IMO poor now.

We are in our third season up and need to start making progress, last season our finish was just about acceptable considering we had to build a squad as SC went with a bare bones one and the disruptive factor of a certain player- this of course doesn't make the losing run we had acceptable.

But now we need to be making a bit more progress.

I'm not saying we should be expecting a playoff fight- I personally predicted we'd be around 14th this season, would now raise that to competing for top 10- but something along the lines of never being in the relegation fight (even if we finished just a few places above, like 17th) isn't an unreasonable expectation.

I personally would still be happy with a 14th or above finish. We are, IMO, overachieving right now and I dread to think how obscenely OTT the reaction by certain posters on here will be when we fall away a bit.

And while happy with 14th, if someone offered me 14th now I'd take the gamble and hope I am wrong about us falling away from the top 6.

I'm rambling a bit now, but going back to settling for 4th bottom still. If we drew every single league game for the rest of the season we would have 61 points. Last year 61 points gets a 14th place finish and the season before 12th.

So for us to end up 4th bottom it would take a run that eclipses last seasons one which would be absolutely unacceptable

Cheers for the reply, but I’m a bit confused....my post on this thread yesterday was my first and only one on this five page thread...your first few lines above seem to suggest you think I’ve placed more posts?! EG: I haven’t mentioned ‘the table doesn’t lie’ at all?! Apologies if I’ve misunderstood and got this incorrect...

51 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers for the reply, but I’m a bit confused....my post on this thread yesterday was my first and only one on this five page thread...your first few lines above seem to suggest you think I’ve placed more posts?! EG: I haven’t mentioned ‘the table doesn’t lie’ at all?! Apologies if I’ve misunderstood and got this incorrect...

Oops, I got you and another poster mixed up.

At 5am the red avatars looked near enough the same to me.

Lesson to myself to double check these things, or just to sleep more.

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Is Numero still the number one twit or just painfully negative?

Based on his absence for several months probably Numero one gas just trying and failing to spoil a decent forum

Not really!! I have been on here plenty of times recently but I’m not obsessive about it.

Seeing as you’re obsessive enough to travel through posts that are months old I’ll respond by saying I stand by my comment that the Millwall game was awful, as were Burton and Preston. We’ve had a great season so far and it is clear to anyone who has the ability to see beyond the end of their nose that our main weakness is a lack of quality against teams who shut up shop and stop us scoring early. That’s ok though in comparison to what we had to endure last season. But nothing wrong in calling a game as you see it imo.

As for the Gas taunt, it’s a bit immature, not really impressing anyone and best left in the playground!!

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not really!! I have been on here plenty of times recently but I’m not obsessive about it.

Seeing as you’re obsessive enough to travel through posts that are months old I’ll respond by saying I stand by my comment that the Millwall game was awful, as were Burton and Preston. We’ve had a great season so far and it is clear to anyone who has the ability to see beyond the end of their nose that our main weakness is a lack of quality against teams who shut up shop and stop us scoring early. That’s ok though in comparison to what we had to endure last season. But nothing wrong in calling a game as you see it imo.

As for the Gas taunt, it’s a bit immature, not really impressing anyone and best left in the playground!!

I was sat here thinking it's possible to be able to be critical about a performance without writing the entire season off as a relegation fight/doomed entirely after just 4 games, but apparently not.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

That was more a general comment about the posts at the time, rather than yours specifically.

An embarrassing set of histrionics.

if you have a look, most of those aren't posting at the moment because we are doing well, lose 2 or 3 in a row and they will be back,

@Numero Uno to his credit hasn't disappeared like some of the others,  

Its embarrassing when threads like this keep popping up with some people, smug as ****...giving stick and calling out fans because they have dared be negative or post something in the past on this forum. 

The simple fact is LJ is extremely luckily to still be in a job, as the last couple of months aside....his tenure has been fairly poor. Fair play to the bloke though, he and his team are really starting to flourish, long may it continue. We really are playing some great stuff so full credit to him and J Mac.

Everyone who posts on this forum are City fans. We all want whats best for the club and we all want success. Just wish threads like this wouldnt keep popping up and the now "all knowing" super fans would pipe down

• The topic was locked

Archived