IGNORED

What does Lansdown see that most of us can't ?

Andy082005

...because I sure as hell can't see what this manager is trying to do.

I thought Brentford away was bad....but that was pathetic. 

So many of his signings are just not good enough . Brownhill , Paterson, Diedhiou  ....don't even get me started on O'dowda. The kid has zero end product . I particularly liked the moment in the second half when he went to take charge of that free kick...only to clip it straight into the keepers hands . Awful 

This manager is clueless . I can't see how anyone can have any faith in him when it comes to signing the right players, or getting his tactics right. He certainly has no plan B 

Please....someone tell me what he is trying to do? Because I just don't know 

We will never know unless, as I have been saying for some time, we have a totally independent audit of everything at the club.  Hopefully when SL finally admits defeat the incoming owner(s) will hold such an audit, but for now we are in the dark on so many issues relating to the club and will remain so.Sad really

I share your frustration Andy...and I'll have stab at a considered reply. I think, from his more recent radio interviews, that SL believes that way to make City a financially sustainable Championship club is to sign young players before they reach their peak, develop and exploit their talent, and then sell them if they command high fees...Kodjia being the best example to date. Benefits the club on the playing side and financially. I can understand that...and if that was the publicly stated aim of the club, as it has been at, say, Brentford, I think people would be understanding...we'd get to see some of the brightest talent playing for us and then make a few bob.

Of course, to make that work, all that young talent would have to been brilliantly scouted and be being coached and managed through games by a manager and coaching team of rare quality, people who could spot winners, develop young players and nurse them thorough matches with tactical skill. Big ask. Fact is our management team has no proven experience. What it has is connections to SL and to each other. At worst it's a bunch of rookie mates having a go...which in my opinion is unlikely to succeed.

And at the same time the stated objectives of the club are what?...I understood it was the Prem and a place in Europe!

The inconsistencies are sadly all too obvious. Doesn't bode well.

The thing is with LJ I thought he spoke really well in the week and I've little doubt about his genuine fondness for BCFC.

He could be a really good ambassador for the club - just not in the position of head coach imo.

A leading position in the Academy may be ideal if he's really the innovative young coach we are led to believe.

37 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

...because I sure as hell can't see what this manager is trying to do.

I thought Brentford away was bad....but that was pathetic. 

So many of his signings are just not good enough . Brownhill , Paterson, Diedhiou  ....don't even get me started on O'dowda. The kid has zero end product . I particularly liked the moment in the second half when he went to take charge of that free kick...only to clip it straight into the keepers hands . Awful 

This manager is clueless . I can't see how anyone can have any faith in him when it comes to signing the right players, or getting his tactics right. He certainly has no plan B 

Please....someone tell me what he is trying to do? Because I just don't know 

He has spent a fortune and not improved us at all. Totally agreed. Look at what Warnock. has achieved with next to nothing. I can't ever see us getting to the premier league as we don't make the right managerial appointments. We were bad on Tuesday but this took it to another level. It was depressing to watch. 

4 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

We all know LJ is not the answer but it is what it is. That won't change. TBF johnson has a 40% win ratio and this is better than other previous managers.... We have 5 points so it's not doom and gloom.... yet

5 points from an easy start on paper. Poor

29 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I share your frustration Andy...and I'll have stab at a considered reply. I think, from his more recent radio interviews, that SL believes that way to make City a financially sustainable Championship club is to sign young players before they reach their peak, develop and exploit their talent, and then sell them if they command high fees...Kodjia being the best example to date. Benefits the club on the playing side and financially. I can understand that...and if that was the publicly stated aim of the club, as it has been at, say, Brentford, I think people would be understanding...we'd get to see some of the brightest talent playing for us and then make a few bob.

Of course, to make that work, all that young talent would have to been brilliantly scouted and be being coached and managed through games by a manager and coaching team of rare quality, people who could spot winners, develop young players and nurse them thorough matches with tactical skill. Big ask. Fact is our management team has no proven experience. What it has is connections to SL and to each other. At worst it's a bunch of rookie mates having a go...which in my opinion is unlikely to succeed.

And at the same time the stated objectives of the club are what?...I understood it was the Prem and a place in Europe!

The inconsistencies are sadly all too obvious. Doesn't bode well.

Completely agree with this and I think you've got it spot on, however I think it will take at least another year or two to truly see this team blossom, as currently it is a very inexperienced team

5 minutes ago, GIBBO THE GREAT said:

its his money so its his club but to the paying public todays game was one of the worst never liked Johnson has a player seems clueless has a manager but he's going nowhere so expecting more of the same this season 

I thought he was out of order when whipping up the fans towards the end. We were doing our best but it works both ways Lee. 

5 minutes ago, GIBBO THE GREAT said:

its his money so its his club but to the paying public todays game was one of the worst never liked Johnson has a player seems clueless has a manager but he's going nowhere so expecting more of the same this season 

Can we please stop referring to City as SL's club.  It is in only one sense.  The club belongs to Bristol and the generations who have, and continue, to support it.  That is SL' s problem.  Rather like Trump he doesn't appreciate criticism 

2 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Completely agree with this and I think you've got it spot on, however I think it will take at least another year or two to truly see this team blossom, as currently it is a very inexperienced team

You can have the best, most award winning fragrant roses man has to offer, but if you plant them in sand, they're not going to bloom. 

2 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

I'm sorry to say that I doubt we will see these players blossom under this management team...due to its own inexperience.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You can have the best, most award winning fragrant roses man has to offer, but if you plant them in sand, they're not going to bloom. 

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm sorry to say that I doubt we will see these players blossom under this management team...due to its own inexperience.

Please god no more flower analogies....For my part however we were manure

He see's a yes man in Johnson, a man that he can easily manage, regardless of our league position SL feels comfortable with him at the helm.

I would have dearly loved to see SC have the same financial backing as LJ, unfortunately SC was his own man and not a yes man.

The real root of our problem is Lansdown in my opinion, he needs to stick to what he knows best and that's finance not footballing decsions 

A very long season awaits i'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

SL does not know what he wants and that is the problem. He thinks the PL is possible on a shoestring and it may or may not happen. The latter is more likely. His overall record is poor but things could be a lot worse. The club is not well run and has been debated at length....

Johnson is a YES BOSS manager so Lansdown loves him. That was plainly obvious last season.

As far as today goes, where was the the managers strategy and ability to change tactics to try and break open a team?

Total sh#te again. Gonna be a long season unless this midfield is sorted out quickly! Not good enough.

I believe this image sums up Steve Lansdown.  He doesn't see what is happening on the pitch because he is obsessed with "the project".  Her doesn't want to hear any criticism of LJ because he is obsessed with "the project". He won't publicly criticise LJ because he is obsessed with "the project". 

image.jpeg.3def830b4ec505d286220bf035c70edd.jpeg

30 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I believe this image sums up Steve Lansdown.  He doesn't see what is happening on the pitch because he is obsessed with "the project".  Her doesn't want to hear any criticism of LJ because he is obsessed with "the project". He won't publicly criticise LJ because he is obsessed with "the project". 

A project that makes sense to most

But

A project that that most clubs ,outside the bigger clubs in the EFL ,are also trying to follow

So plenty of competitiion for similar players

To be successful in the project you need to be one of the very best clubs in your

(I) Recruitment

AND

(IIi) Coaching / ability to improve individual players whilst integrating them into a cohesive unit

Personally , on both scores we are failing and performing extremely poorly  IMHO and nowhere near a better club than most in either respect 

Blatantly clear and glaring IMHO

The only dilemma is Im not sure which aspect is worse 

We'd get away with it if to some degree if one aspect was very good - but I'm far from convinced that either aspect is anywhere near good enough let alone good

Archived