IGNORED

What does Lansdown see that most of us can't ?

Andy082005

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I believe this image sums up Steve Lansdown.  He doesn't see what is happening on the pitch because he is obsessed with "the project".  Her doesn't want to hear any criticism of LJ because he is obsessed with "the project". He won't publicly criticise LJ because he is obsessed with "the project". 

image.jpeg.3def830b4ec505d286220bf035c70edd.jpeg

I don't think its the project as you put it.more like the puppet! 

46 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

I don't think its the project as you put it.more like the puppet! 

Landsdown has his puppet. Johnson wants his puppets. And so it goes down. The major charachters all seem to have been sold or have left, or want out. 

And in other news Freeman plonks the ball on Smiths head yet AGAIN for QPRs winner today. We have let so many good players go needlessly in recent times. and really seem to have gone backwards with our  'on the pitch' quality. 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The thing is with LJ I thought he spoke really well in the week and I've little doubt about his genuine fondness for BCFC.

He could be a really good ambassador for the club - just not in the position of head coach imo.

A leading position in the Academy may be ideal if he's really the innovative young coach we are led to believe.

I  not surprised he is fond of Bristol City. What other club would he have kept his job at after the awful season we had last year. Three windows on the same problems exist with no sign of them being resolved. A tragedy.

5 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Landsdown has his puppet. Johnson wants his puppets. And so it goes down. The major charachters all seem to have been sold or have left, or want out. 

And in other news Freeman plonks the ball on Smiths head yet AGAIN for QPRs winner today. We have let so many good players go needlessly in recent times. and really seem to have gone backwards with our  'on the pitch' quality. 

Exactly how I see it. Is it any coincidence that every time we bring someone into the club with a decent reputation, they seem to be out the door pretty quickly? i.e Steve Coppell, Paul Hartley, Des Taylor etc.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

We'll have a very similar season to last year, albeit probably about 12th-14th.

I'll enjoy the beer and chips though. 

12th-14th?

You're far more optimistic than me then.

We won a third of our games last season - from what we've already witnessed I really can't see this squad getting 15 wins this season.

I reckon we'll probably get fewer than last season's 54 points, and we're heading for bottom 6, just fingers crossed it's not bottom 3, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Johnson won't be here come January if we have a season like the last one. I think lansdown, as much as he is a Lee Johnson fan, would have made it clear he expects better on his investment. You can't keep allowing millions to be spent on a ever growing list of players who either sit on the bench or who look no better than the players they replace. Let's hope all comes good but I am not convinced it will under LJ. 

10 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Johnson won't be here come January if we have a season like the last one. I think lansdown, as much as he is a Lee Johnson fan, would have made it clear he expects better on his investment. You can't keep allowing millions to be spent on a ever growing list of players who either sit on the bench or who look no better than the players they replace. Let's hope all comes good but I am not convinced it will under LJ. 

Exactly. LJ has used up all his lives last season. If we dont look like improving on last seasons showing after 15 - 20 games he will get his p45.

3 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Spoken like a lady who was 200 miles away. So nerr

Not wanting any positives then? 

Okies, we suck and are doomed, is that better?

We've lost once in 4 

My bottle of wine maths says we'd be on for around 60 points ish, and that's pretty good. 

You're always miles away sunshine. Do you ever watch us live??  Pick a game and I'll meet for a pint. 

3 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

We've lost once in 4 

My bottle of wine maths says we'd be on for around 60 points ish, and that's pretty good. 

Most would bite your hand off Ralph for 60, can you see it?

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

We've lost once in 4 

You're a lady Ralph?

Blimey you kept that quiet.

Oh, and the performance was deja vu shit madame, that's why match goers are pessimistic and pissed off.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Yeah, that's mainly because I don't live in Bristol and haven't done for 20 years, have done my fair share of away games, in recent times. Only so many times can go and see us fubar at Preston,Blackpool et al. :laugh:

Pick any game. I'm in Vegas in February but any other ill meet you for a pint. Home or away. 

What grates me is not so long ago SL told us "Not to fall in love with individual players". And he's only gone and bloody done that with a manager. I still think he's willing to spend many more millions to make his "dream promotion - with Johnson" come true. 

My biggest worry, Snr Johnson left us with a lot invested in a bench and unused squad players. SL I think has sleepwalked in to that again.

It is crap that Engval is easily one of our 10 most expensive signings ever and he's on loan whilst Hinds got chances. We spend £2m on Magnússon and leave him in the bench and spend more money on Baker, having bought Bailey Wright six months earlier. SL should be as annoyed as Tan was about Cornelius. 

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Why? Is this some willy waving thing or you asking me out? :D

Nah. Not really darling. Just thought you might want to go to a game. 

Think I've got my answer. Some of us are fans, others just play at it. 

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I gave up any pretence we'd be awesome in this league a long time ago. Happy being vaguely competative and building..

We are building and yeah, can see us doing 60

Yes we are building will the tower ever be built?

And I'm coming from the 60s watching. Anyway not bothered as much as most {holding the club back)

Will we in my life time get to the top flight again? Not bothered really, as long as the club is going forward that's good for me.

Archived