IGNORED

What does Lansdown see that most of us can't ?

Andy082005

31 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Have I missed something? Did Milwall tank us? Or did we keep first clean sheet this season?? 

Yes, apparently we have a devine right to hammer any team deemed poor, to have new signings that Messi and Ronaldo are in awe of and to start every new season like Brazil on steroids.

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

What is it that you seek, kudos on an Internet forum? A sticker saying I am City fan number one? 

Does it matter if you were there when Kinsella got sent off for Colchester? Tinnion bent the ball around a 9 man Tranmere wall, stood on the bank at Bloomfield in the pissing rain, or be one of the 23 or however many versus Notts County when the East End reopened?

Do you have to recall Danny Coles being sent off at Wigan, Andy Cole tearing Brum a new one.. And many many more.

So, if you wanna be uber fan fine, ill just bask that ive seen my team enough without the need to constantly shout the big iam. 

Fair enough. You've watched a few games over the years. But as a veteran of 40 years plus. , ill wallow tonight and look forward to my reading ticket hitting the mat. Onwards and sideways. 

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

What grates me is not so long ago SL told us "Not to fall in love with individual players". And he's only gone and bloody done that with a manager. I still think he's willing to spend many more millions to make his "dream promotion - with Johnson" come true. 

My biggest worry, Snr Johnson left us with a lot invested in a bench and unused squad players. SL I think has sleepwalked in to that again.

It is crap that Engval is easily one of our 10 most expensive signings ever and he's on loan whilst Hinds got chances. We spend £2m on Magnússon and leave him in the bench and spend more money on Baker, having bought Bailey Wright six months earlier. SL should be as annoyed as Tan was about Cornelius. 

The runway at Guernsey Airport !

I must admit it is some of the players we are not playing that worries me too.  There is clearly more going on with Gustav than has been revealed or probably ever will be revealed and I have a feeling we won't see him back this time but what's the Magnússon situation about.  I thought Maggs was one to be built around but seems not as he is sidelined whilst we spend more money as you say on Baker; I am not knocking that decision on its own but just don't get it as a bigger plan as unless there are injuries he is not going to get a game.  Then there is Taylor Moore, another puzzler, now some say he is not good enough yet (I'm not sure about that) but correct me if I'm wrong was he not in the same England team as Tammy so he is rated there.  Matty T is nearly back apparently, how we going to use him.  And poor old Arnie, surely he needs the odd glimpse of the pitch.

It appears that every single game we play is now subject to such intense critique that it's bonkers. 

So we didn't win..... boo. We didn't concede.... hoorah. We're not looking like promotion candidates ...boo. We're not looking like relegation either... hoorah.

We're looking mid to lower table after 4 bloody games. 

14 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It appears that every single game we play is now subject to such intense critique that it's bonkers. 

So we didn't win..... boo. We didn't concede.... hoorah. We're not looking like promotion candidates ...boo. We're not looking like relegation either... hoorah.

You sure about that? We couldn't break down a poor side  today. 

And the eyes in his head see the world spinning round. 

9 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You sure about that? We couldn't break down a poor side  today. 

And the eyes in his head see the world spinning round. 

We might have struggled but we also kept a clean sheet. This league doesn't make any sense at this point in the season, Millwall stuck three past Ipswich who are unbeaten and joint top. They only lost to Forrest who are 4th, 1-0. Nothing has settled down yet, clubs are still signing players. New players have had a max of 4 games. Players who have started badly will end being some of the best in the league, some players who have started well will end up out of favor. There are teams who have started well and will struggle, teams who are struggling now and will be near the playoffs or higher. At the moment we are where anyone with any sanity would hope we could be mid table. We might still be there at the end of a season, we might struggle like some are so sure about or we might push into the top half, it's impossible to know what will happen yet. Whilst obviously all points are important come the end of the season where we are right now mean f*&(% all. 

For all you that have no patience. Championship/ league 1  is a hard league. If my facts are right. The longest we have stayed in this League since 1975 is 2 seasons?? Yes we nearly got to the prem. But look what happened the season after. I will be happy with top half of the league than bottom. This would be a positive improvement. STOP Moaning & be positive. 

7 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

For all you that have no patience. Championship/ league 1  is a hard league. If my facts are right. The longest we have stayed in this League since 1975 is 2 seasons?? Yes we nearly got to the prem. But look what happened the season after. I will be happy with top half of the league than bottom. This would be a positive improvement. STOP Moaning & be positive. 

I'm sure nobody will be disputing that a top half finish would be a vast improvement. I think most people are just sick of watching crap football and come on here to vent their frustrations!

6 minutes ago, Kashmir said:

I'm sure nobody will be disputing that a top half finish would be a vast improvement. I think most people are just sick of watching crap football and come on here to vent their frustrations!

Only 4 games in. Against Barnsley played well, first half of Birmingham played well. There going to be games in this league that football won't look pretty if you want a result. 

7 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Johnson won't be here come January if we have a season like the last one. I think lansdown, as much as he is a Lee Johnson fan, would have made it clear he expects better on his investment. You can't keep allowing millions to be spent on a ever growing list of players who either sit on the bench or who look no better than the players they replace. Let's hope all comes good but I am not convinced it will under LJ. 

Lansdown wants to create a settled and stable club as he's seen over several seasons how disruptive chopping and changing the manager is.. it's not just one man either. it's all the backroom changes that go along with a managerial change.

He said recently that he feels that everyone at the club is pulling in the right durection which convinces me that he's happy with the current set up.

He expects Ashton to oversee the non football day to day running of the club and LJ to oversee the whole purpose of the club, the football.

How either of them go about their jobs is of little interest to SL as long as they're doing their jobs.

A means to an end in other words.

13 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The thing is with LJ I thought he spoke really well in the week and I've little doubt about his genuine fondness for BCFC.

He could be a really good ambassador for the club - just not in the position of head coach imo.

A leading position in the Academy may be ideal if he's really the innovative young coach we are led to believe.

Millen, Tinman and now LJ ... Novices. Steve L clearly has not been twice bitten. I admire his determination but for the Championship it is the wrong approach; the maths emphatically tells us. 

Most players under him seem to have come to the club thanks to the selling of the 'project' only to have their confidence periodically shattered by inept coaching and 'in your face' sarcasm and inuendo. It works for the young kiddies maybe in the lower leagues but not for overpaid rich kids with attitude at this level and above? This sort of management is becoming increasingly difficult. Some managers get it and usually that means someone with a long history of experience and achievement at this level or above; not always but usually and for sure it is the only way to go unless you are happy to more than likely forsake the massive pay out in the Prem year after year.

13 hours ago, tinman85 said:

5 points from an easy start on paper. Poor

No better time to play Villa then!

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lansdown wants to create a settled and stable club as he's seen over several seasons how disruptive chopping and changing the manager is.. it's not just one man either. it's all the backroom changes that go along with a managerial change.

He said recently that he feels that everyone at the club is pulling in the right durection which convinces me that he's happy with the current set up.

He expects Ashton to oversee the non football day to day running of the club and LJ to oversee the whole purpose of the club, the football.

How either of them go about their jobs is of little interest to SL as long as they're doing their jobs.

A means to an end in other words.

Incorrect

Mark Ashton is in overall command of the 'all football matters' side, not the 'non football'

8 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Yes, apparently we have a devine right to hammer any team deemed poor, to have new signings that Messi and Ronaldo are in awe of and to start every new season like Brazil on steroids.

No, we expect our team just to have a go, not play like a team of clueless pub footballers when millions have been forked out to sign them, and when it is blindingly obvious that we are struggling to get a foothold in the game we expect our hungry and innovative manager make the tactical changes to effect the game in the right way. Let's remember, we are fed lines about the players we purchase having the right DNA and character.....so that is what we expect to see when we pay our money. We don't expect to be world beaters, that's just sarcastically rubbishing a negative comment, which equates to blind faith. The last 2 and a half games have not been good enough. It is worryingly reminiscent of last season, but we have had an entire summer to prepare for this season with a different mental attitude, yet as soon as we are in a physical battle or the opposition score we literally just crumble. That is a real worry.

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Incorrect

Mark Ashton is in overall command of the 'all football matters' side, not the 'non football'

Obviously with Ashton and LJ being the two main men they work very closely together and I'd imagine that MA is the conduit to SL although no doubt LJ can contact him if and when he wants.

It goes something like this - LJ likes a particular player who might be available. MA does the donkey work and if it's a possible deal SL is brought upto speed. .

8 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Spoken like a lady who was 200 miles away. So nerr

Not wanting any positives then? 

Okies, we suck and are doomed, is that better?

We've lost once in 4 

My bottle of wine maths says we'd be on for around 60 points ish, and that's pretty good. 

Tbf people had to sit through that crap yesterday and you can't blame anyone for being negative about it. It wasn't even League 2 standard football. Many of us also watched us get totally dicked at Brentford. Easy behind a radio or 200 miles away with no emotional attachment to take positives but pay your money and actually watching that gives you a different perspective.

6 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

We might have struggled but we also kept a clean sheet. This league doesn't make any sense at this point in the season, Millwall stuck three past Ipswich who are unbeaten and joint top. They only lost to Forrest who are 4th, 1-0. Nothing has settled down yet, clubs are still signing players. New players have had a max of 4 games. Players who have started badly will end being some of the best in the league, some players who have started well will end up out of favor. There are teams who have started well and will struggle, teams who are struggling now and will be near the playoffs or higher. At the moment we are where anyone with any sanity would hope we could be mid table. We might still be there at the end of a season, we might struggle like some are so sure about or we might push into the top half, it's impossible to know what will happen yet. Whilst obviously all points are important come the end of the season where we are right now mean f*&(% all. 

Sensible post Richard...................trouble is as City Supporters we are fed on b*ll sh*t from above and as another poster said in another thread all clap like circus sea lions and have expectations every season from Game One. I really think we will miss Kodjia's pace from 2 years ago and Tammy's flair from last season. It will take a while for our expensive striker to bed in and mesh but a bright note is Bobby's form. We missed Aden in the box for the corners yesterday but his head has been turned and last season it is no coincidence SC was at Brum for the final games and has probably 'sold' him the idea of moving to the Midlands but life goes on. Personally will be happy with mid table as watched this team for so long now, our high spots are few and far between.

7 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I can't help but feel this is the equivalent of me running the first 100m of the London Marathon in 14 seconds and the celebrating that I'm winning. 

There are real and clear alarm bells sounding and for me the "we're mid table" argument doesn't cut it. 

8 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Immature. People who travelled to Birmingham, Brentford and then watched that shower of shit yesterday (if we were only interested in the result we would watch it on Final Score like some on here who seem to be the most vociferous) have a right to express concerns based on what they have seen in the last two and a half matches where  we have been a clear second best.

5 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Sensible post Richard...................trouble is as City Supporters we are fed on b*ll sh*t from above and as another poster said in another thread all clap like circus sea lions and have expectations every season from Game One. I really think we will miss Kodjia's pace from 2 years ago and Tammy's flair from last season. It will take a while for our expensive striker to bed in and mesh but a bright note is Bobby's form. We missed Aden in the box for the corners yesterday but his head has been turned and last season it is no coincidence SC was at Brum for the final games and has probably 'sold' him the idea of moving to the Midlands but life goes on. Personally will be happy with mid table as watched this team for so long now, our high spots are few and far between.

Remember the Aden Flint / Steve Cotterill coffee meet up? There might just be some truth in what you said about Brum and the SC connection?!

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Tbf people had to sit through that crap yesterday and you can't blame anyone for being negative about it. It wasn't even League 2 standard football. Many of us also watched us get totally docked at Brentford. Easy behind a radio or 200 miles away with no emotional attachment to take positives but pay your money and actually watching that gives you a different perspective.

All teams experience frustrating games like yesterday so just forget it and move on.

8 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Have I missed something? Did Milwall tank us? Or did we keep first clean sheet this season?? 

Most of us watched the game, not the result on teletext. 

There is becoming an obsession with using the scoreline to evaluate the performance of late on here. 

7 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yesterday's performance appeared to me as one with relegation written all over it. We've just had two and a half games with one goal, albeit a very important 98th minute equaliser.

Weak across the middle, little creativity to give our strikers any chances and looking like a team thrown together from fans who arrived at the ground before 2pm.

We've spent loads more on players in eighteen months than we spent in the first fifty years of my time supporting City, and we still can't put out a team that plays cohesive football. Just wait until we have to play some of the better sides in this league. The big R is getting ready before the end of August.

Call me a defeatist, pessimist, misery but if nothing changes, can anyone realistically see anything else?

I want to be proved wrong but am fearful that we'll be lucky if we still have an escape route in the last game of the season.

I made my views known on this last year about SL.

I've changed them slightly. There can only only be two reasons.

1. He's using Bristol Sport as a project to offset his tax bill (most likely, even though you don't want to hear it)
  2. He is totally and utterly inept.

I cannot believe number 2. If you are a successful, (I'm assuming) ruthless, businessman, you know how to make decisions to get stuff done. So I think this bloke needs to come out and state his intentions clearly and honestly. What are you trying to achieve Steve? and how are you going to do it? Because the more intelligent amongst us know that whatever it is you are trying to do IS NOT WORKING. He can't continue going on without properly engaging with his number one stakeholder, the paying public. He treats us with contempt. He is arrogant. He doesn't listen and takes rash decisions. I still can't believe that SC got nothing to spend, and Johnson has got millions, it beggars belief. 

There is nothing wrong with blooding youth. I absolutely agree with the strategy. But to have a young, hungry, passionate coaching team is not the answer. They have to have the skills to bring these players up to scratch. Or get rid if they're not good enough. And to be frank, LJ and his band of merry men don't have the skills. They talk a good game, but they deliver not a lot. Our results have actually punched above our weight, given the performances on the field. We've been lucky (or maybe we had a guy who banged in 20 goals and won us matches). It can't go on forever.

So, Steve what are you going to do?

We need an experienced coach. Who can set up the structure in line with global best practice (Barcelona, Southampton, Liverpool). It isn't rocket science. The case studies are all there. Southampton are STILL poaching players from under our noses - at Keynsham, they scout and sign kids up. What are we doing?

Rant over.

Archived