IGNORED

Poor performance

Robbored

3 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Well not quite, i still had a nice day out with my dad and son, my dad can moan for england and it does get amusing the worse we play :clapping:

Fair play to you & yours for squeezing some amusement from 90 minutes of dog sh!t football. I doff my cap to you.  ;)

90 minutes we won't get back - Millwall enjoyed an ineffective referee who thought WWE is a way of life, city managed to soak up a physical onslaught with very few effective replies, pity our manager was clueless in response - don't know what happened to our fight, high pressing and enthusiastic team effort that we saw at the start of the season - fear for our survival!

True, it was dire and lower league 1 standard at best. The thing is with games like that is that you get a few every season where it just turns into a war of attrition. If anyone asks you in two months `What happened against Millwall?` you`ll struggle to remember anything about the game.

Just forget about it IMO and move on to the next one.

41 minutes ago, Rob k said:

That's how Milwall will play all season, so sometimes you just have to grind it out. At least we know we got it in us to play some decent stuff.

Milwall will go down this year, of that I've no doubts whatsoever. 

That means we'll be playing them next season as well then

54 minutes ago, Rob k said:

That's how Milwall will play all season, so sometimes you just have to grind it out. At least we know we got it in us to play some decent stuff.

Milwall will go down this year, of that I've no doubts whatsoever. 

That is a worry as we struggled. 

As I said before, the Ref ruined a bad game.

2 poor teams , Millwall tried to spoil the game and stop our flow and the ref played into their hands. Far too picky and fussy, that said he gave us everything for 30 mins and then it changed and every time they fell over the game stopped. They stopped each free kick from being taken and he allowed them to get away with it.
That said they had the best chances, very good save by FF , and we couldn't hold or pass the ball well enough to get any control in the game.
It was like the perfect storm to create a very poor game.

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

We played poorly and couldn't break them down, however we know we are better than that as we have all seen it with our own eyes. 

No need to panic just yet!!

When someone says "we couldn't break them down" I like to think that means we created chances and opportunities but were unlucky as they defended well and had the rub of the green. 

That isn't how it happened yesterday. We created nothing. 

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Dreadful game played out by two poor teams neither of had the quality to break down the opposition.

At times it was like watching paint dry...........z z z z z z z zz z ............:sleeping:

You utter b******d, Robbored!

First clean sheet in the league and all you do is criticize??

You are forgetting how Millwall were well organised and were prepared to run around.

Have you ever managed a football club????

Eh?

:disapointed2se:

tfj  :laughcont:

So in summary then..

Millwall are the Championship equivalent to Stoke and very hard to play against. Wenger knows only too well.

We have had a fixture pile up in August.

The Ref was utterly hopeless.

Therefore a 0-0 draw and a dire performance is a credible outcome.

I am actually starting to talk myself into this now.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Dreadful game played out by two poor teams neither of had the quality to break down the opposition.

At times it was like watching paint dry...........z z z z z z z zz z ............:sleeping:

An honest question here Robbo but in your opinion what is the way forward ?  I have my thoughts but said a short while ago I would keep quiet until 10 games in.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

An honest question here Robbo but in your opinion what is the way forward ?

The balance is all wrong for me. It was the same last year and nothing has changed. But 5 points is an OK start so lets see where are at XMAS. If we are in trouble at XMAS then LJ has to go for me.

37 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You utter b******d, Robbored!

First clean sheet in the league and all you do is criticize??

You are forgetting how Millwall were well organised and were prepared to run around.

Have you ever managed a football club????

Eh?

:disapointed2se:

tfj  :laughcont:

It's that time of day to pick a colour Unk

drugs.jpg

drugs 2.jpg

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

An honest question here Robbo but in your opinion what is the way forward ?  I have my thoughts but said a short while ago I would keep quiet until 10 games in.

For me it comes down to the objective. If it's Prem within 3 or 4 years, do we already have the manager to do it? I think not. 

If we are happy to see our future as long term championship then we might already have the tools in the box if we can get a bit more consistency. 

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

When someone says "we couldn't break them down" I like to think that means we created chances and opportunities but were unlucky as they defended well and had the rub of the green. 

That isn't how it happened yesterday. We created nothing. 

I'm presuming you missed us hitting the bar and when (I think) Baker should have scored early in the 2nd half?

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

But we are not 10 games in yet and your post count is racking up uncontrollably.

Do as you said you would, FFS.

tfj

29 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

But we are not 10 games in yet and your post count is racking up uncontrollably.

Do as you said you would, FFS.

tfj

I am Knobby, I am, but your ability at reading today is not it's best. 

Should we try these ?

drugs 3.jpg

Archived