IGNORED

Thoughts

ZiderEyed

53 minutes ago, shelts said:

Men against boys . Combative and creative midfielder needed. Marv used to unsettle them and get amongst em and we defo r missing that 

If you look at our central mid options Smith, Pack, Gaz, Hegs....you are lucky to get 5 goals between them all season and probably 5 assists. That is the issue. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

If you look at our central mid options Smith, Pack, Gaz, Hegs....you are lucky to get 5 goals between them all season and probably 5 assists. That is the issue. 

The options he has in midfield are really poor. I agree he has to grow some balls and get ruthless.

Not really sure why he bought Brownhill; he's a good player which we are incapable of using. Not really sure why he bought Hegeler because he's not a great partner to anyone in a formation he wants. Smith and Korey as a due are too ineffective. 

It was all decent business considering how little we spent to get players of Brownhill and Hegeler's ability, but they aren't adding anything. 

Think it was just one of those days(again!). To start with City, I thought we looked leggy, no sharpness in our play. Too many touches, no zip in our passing ( which bloody annoys me). When we did have a chance at overloading them, we hit a sloppy pass. It's difficult to say without the stats, but for me, it was the wrong wide player taken off. Should of been Patterson for me. Couldn't argue with the other substitutions. As for Millwall, they had a game plan & stuck to it. They conceded the first 10 yards of the midfield & condensed the space between their midfield & defensive line. Then hit long balls once in possession, not allowing our press. They were well drilled. An early goal would of made all the difference. But it's a clean sheet & possibly a game we would of lost in the last few moments last season. COYR 

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

so was I, a proper nasty bastard/enforcer with all the dirty tricks, the kindof player opposition fans hate but I bet they love him.

A midfielder with his approach to the game I think would ignite this team. 

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I was really impressed with Morrison. 

I remember seeing him play against us on the first game of the season a few years back, think it was during GJ's era. He tore us apart, a proper strikers performance. Thought he would go onto bigger things. Fairly sure he got a biggish move, just didn't work out I guess. He is a handful, that's for sure. Pointed him out before the game during their shooting drill, that he didn't look interested! COYR 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I remember seeing him play against us on the first game of the season a few years back, think it was during GJ's era. He tore us apart, a proper strikers performance. Thought he would go onto bigger things. Fairly sure he got a biggish move, just didn't work out I guess. He is a handful, that's for sure. Pointed him out before the game during their shooting drill, that he didn't look interested! COYR 

Went to Norwich (then in Prem) then to Leeds

6 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

If he plays consistently like that he should get another shot. A fair amount of technique and finesse in a proper centre forward mould.

16 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

No I think that was half the Coppell era.

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Thoughts - What does Callum O'Dowda do?

Honestly think there is something there , Republic of Ireland seem to think so , has not had much game time and has good close control , I know we were crap today but it wasn't young Callum's fault 

11 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Honestly think there is something there , Republic of Ireland seem to think so , has not had much game time and has good close control , I know we were crap today but it wasn't young Callum's fault 

Fair point. Perhaps he does need a run of games, but he won't get them unless he shows more in games?

10 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

He's a young winger on a narrow(er) pitch having a bad game. 

He'll come good. 

11 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Think it was just one of those days(again!). To start with City, I thought we looked leggy, no sharpness in our play. Too many touches, no zip in our passing ( which bloody annoys me). When we did have a chance at overloading them, we hit a sloppy pass. It's difficult to say without the stats, but for me, it was the wrong wide player taken off. Should of been Patterson for me. Couldn't argue with the other substitutions. As for Millwall, they had a game plan & stuck to it. They conceded the first 10 yards of the midfield & condensed the space between their midfield & defensive line. Then hit long balls once in possession, not allowing our press. They were well drilled. An early goal would of made all the difference. But it's a clean sheet & possibly a game we would of lost in the last few moments last season. COYR 

Oh come on, is this a wind-up?  A sensible and insightful analysis of the same game I was at?  What on earth are you doing on this forum?  Didn't you know that the wrong team, picked by a hopeless manager, full of useless young players with no future in the game, produced one of the worst displays seen at the gate for years?  Bring back Millenn, or McInnes or O'Driscoll, I say.  Good hard-working seasoned professionals, managed by skilled and forward-looking managers delivering results that we could be proud of.  How I miss those days!  All this developing young players malarkey.  What is the club thinking of?  Johnson out.  Lansdown out.  Get rid of Smith, Brownhill, Diedhiou, O'Dowda.  Four games gone and we are not topping the table with twelve points.  Totally unacceptable.

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Oh come on, is this a wind-up?  A sensible and insightful analysis of the same game I was at?  What on earth are you doing on this forum?  Didn't you know that the wrong team, picked by a hopeless manager, full of useless young players with no future in the game, produced one of the worst displays seen at the gate for years?  Bring back Millenn, or McInnes or O'Driscoll, I say.  Good hard-working seasoned professionals, managed by skilled and forward-looking managers delivering results that we could be proud of.  How I miss those days!  All this developing young players malarkey.  What is the club thinking of?  Johnson out.  Lansdown out.  Get rid of Smith, Brownhill, Diedhiou, O'Dowda.  Four games gone and we are not topping the table with twelve points.  Totally unacceptable.

I do apologise, I just can't help myself! I was as frustrated as the next man. But it is what it is. Take the passion of supporting your team out of it ( something that is sometimes difficult) & that's what you're left with imo. COYR

16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ref was absolutely horrific. Scared to let the game flow, denied a penalty shout, didnt really know what he was doing.

Why was Eliasson not brought on for Paterson? We were desperate for someone to take on their right back, it was depressing that it didnt happen.

Worst of all though, is the anti-football Millwall played. It was nasty, Gregory at corners made me want to kill myself. Time wasting before half time, long balls. It was a properly shite game of football. Credit where its due though. they stopped us playing our game from the first minute. I feel like 15 more minutes and we mightve seen a goal go either way.

yes ref was utter shit and yes Eliason might well have changed the result but for Brownhill

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Its's so easy isn't it?  I wish you were manager of Bristol City.  You'd have us winning every game in no time.

That isn't my point. 

What does he mean by "Didn't have the energy"? 

I think he means, "didn't have the ideas" . 

Archived