IGNORED

Forget Watford... Villa Friday night...

EmersonsRed

23 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Got their act together today. They have goals all over their side. Let me tell you something if LJ is too stubborn to change formation and drop another in against Villa we will be embarrassed live on national and international television.

Forget the Watford game, sack that off, send the u18s...

I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm Mr bloody positive but can SOMEONE... ANYONE tell me where we're getting points in our next 5 league games? Thanks

0-2

It's a good job I've seen the table, I'd have thought we were rock bottom with -15 goal difference reading this!

It hasn't been the greatest starts but LJ can't do right (not supporting him just being reasonable) he gets moaned at for tinkering, keeps the same team bar 1 for the first 4 games and people say he needs to change it up 

:blink:

I for one am more optimistic this season, even with LJ in charge... the team seem up for it, Brentford would have been a loss if it was last season as would have Millwall. 

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Watford game will be a game for fringe players on both sides to play for a starting place.  Therefore a good opportunity to progress in the FL cup.  Since we won't be winning anything in the league this season, a cup run is my best hope for a decent season.

Based on Millwall game, Villa should muller us, but our players always seem able to turn it on for the cameras.

Will listen to the commentary on RB for the Watford game and looking forward to the Villa game, which should have a great atmosphere.

Had Watford been at home, I would definitely bought ticket.

A cup run - :laugh: -

Would love to see us try out the formation Chelsea use but sadly pre season is over now and the time for experimenting has gone.

Fielding

Wright     Flint     Baker

Pisano      Smith         Pack        Bryan

Reid           Paterson

Diedhiou

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Maybe Freddie Hinds will start instead of Reid. And he could give Lukic a game. I'm not sure I'd play O'Neil - he won't be fit for Friday if he plays too much Tuesday. It's a no win game if you ask me.

That's the dilemma isn't it.  A fit Gary O'Neil is an asset to this squad.  Give him 60 minutes max v Watford for Smith

In an ideal world, Diedhiou would be rested for Woodrow, but he's cup-tied.  I'd be tempted to play Paterson off of Reid to give the big man a rest, to see him raring to go at Terry on Friday.  I'd also like Bobby to have a rest too.

Some simpler scenarios:

- Magnússon for Bryan at LB

- Hegeler for Wright (sod the armband thing) at CB.

- Eliasson for Paterson at LM (Pato off of Reid as above)

That would be 5 changes for Watford.  I think we can progress...hopefully Watford will play a weakened side too.

2 hours ago, LeeTomlin10 said:

Where did we sign that new keeper from? 

HA ha yeah - to be honest I don't know what's happening at our club recently concerning keepers. FF is a good shop stopper, but that's the bread and butter of all keepers. Championship and above keepers need to bring a little  more to the table, and I am not sure what FF does,  collecting crosses, distribution, commanding the area marshalling the defence - I don't know. 

Well I'm going to Watford, not expecting too much but hey it's an evening out. Must be 30 years since I've been there so it will be good to revisit. Hopefully a few finge players will have the game if their lives and give LJ a selection headache, will be nice to see what Eliasson can do for example. Obviously it's all about league points on Friday and after Millwall I expect there are a few knocks, but I hope we can at least put together a confidence boosting performance even if we do end up losing by the odd goal.

Fully expecting a 4-0 battering now!

19 hours ago, Neo said:

Villa Friday :-

------------------- Fielding -------------------

Pisano -- Wright -- Baker -- Bryan

-------------------- Hegeler -----------------

----------- O'Neil ------- Smith -----------

---- Eliasson ------------------ Reid -----

------------------ Diedhiou -----------------

Eliasson and Reid will have to work hard to find space out wide and be quickly in and around Famara but both are capable and based on promotional clips that is what Eliasson likes to do i.e. switch wings, come inside etc.

Certainly like the feel of Hegeler and O'Neill bringing some calming influence to the team even though maybe the formation is "shoe-horning" them in a bit !?!

Wins my vote...

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

HA ha yeah - to be honest I don't know what's happening at our club recently concerning keepers. FF is a good shop stopper, but that's the bread and butter of all keepers. Championship and above keepers need to bring a little  more to the table, and I am not sure what FF does,  collecting crosses, distribution, commanding the area marshalling the defence - I don't know. 

Agreed mate. Said this exact thing to my mate half way through the first half on Saturday. His distribution is dire!!

Archived