IGNORED

Korey Smith

Londoner

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Harsh. 

What's his rating? 

His rating is simple.....******* average

Offers nothing going forward, passing is average at best, gives away too many sloppy fouls.

Yes he breaks upplay....but please, if we are to progress he needs to go.

11 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

The blokes a ball winning CM designed to get about the pitch break up play ffs. 

He isn't a clinical finisher, and not the passer pack is. 

Those aren't his jobs! 

He doesn't do this as much since his injury. Think him going into those tackles and coming out hurt numerous times has taken the bottle out of him a bit. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

He doesn't do this as much since his injury. Think him going into those tackles and coming out hurt numerous times has taken the bottle out of him a bit. 

I'll Admit this. He hasn't been at the same level he was before the injury. 

Probably because now mentally the fear of re injury is present. Possibly still an issue trying to run as far and fast on a busted foot that'll never be the same. 

Was the wrong shout taking pack off today, with smith and O'Neal we lost all creativity from the midfield. Pack has even dropped the shoulder and shown his heels to the Millwall mf a few times. Brownhill for the smith role for me (although he was poor today too) freeing up the re slot for odowda/eliasson.

Well I never said those things that would be the deluded manager we have. 

Smith has his jobs of breaking play up and being able to cover lots of ground to hassle people. When he has the ball all I want is him to either drive and off load or just give the ball to pack please. 

Smith and Oneil are going to be our biggest weakness this season imo.

Both are way past their best.

Smith holds on to the ball too long, slows play down too much, runs a lot with very little end product.

It's glaringly obvious that our central midfield is way too weak for a decent season.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Smith and Oneil are going to be our biggest weakness this season imo.

Both are way past their best.

Smith holds on to the ball too long, slows play down too much, runs a lot with very little end product.

It's glaringly obvious that our central midfield is way too weak for a decent season.

Agree with that, thought Smith was beyond dismal today, I just don't see what he brings to the table, he buzzes around a lot and can still break up play, but even when he does that he almost immediately gives the ball back to the opposition anyway so may as well not have bothered. 

I think we have to bring Brownhill inside to take his place as at least he seems capable of retaining posession most of the time. 

To be fair, thought the midfield was to a man pretty poor today. 

26 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So the blame lands at one mans feet and that is untouchable LJ I'm afraid 

LJ, imo, hasn't got the clout or bottle to drop him and make him the bit part player he is.

Smith has a role.....a limited one. However if we are happy hovering the 15-20 Mark then happy days.

We should be looking to progress we will not do that with him playing such a big role in this side.

Smith was the worst player on the pitch today. He offers very little in that midfield role. Should have gone off and O'Neil come on. The latter put himself about. Made some good tackles and passed well. Also prefer O'Dowda on the left and Patterson on the right. Baker and Fielding top players today imo.

56 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I was a huge Korey fan but having now watched him underperform for over a year now it's time to move him on. He gives the ball away non stop, and just doesn't have the pace or power for the Champs. We desperately need a creative and pacey midfielder.

Agreed , problem is he's Johnsons favourite and like his old man cannot see any faults in their man, he gives the ball away in vital areas too easily did again today should have cost us a goal, don't put Pack  in the same company , he did ok today and taking him off not Korey was down to LJ's blind spot 

Archived