IGNORED

Mid table

SStandUp

I'd be very happy with a mid-table season without the constant threat of falling into the drop zone, but it's too early to determine whether this will be the case. The table at this stage can be misleading - just like this time last year. Our performances have been inconsistent, which you'd expect from a mid-table side. It's worrying that we've been so poor for two games in a row but at least we got something from both of them.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Nope. what do you mean, Shelts?

Not sure . The meds are wearing off and my OTIB is my sanctuary. Are we agreed their is no parallel between LJ's spending on players and how much must the Colonel pay year after year for chicken?

I would hate to think that the chickens are from Bernard Mathews father of Adam and lee 

4 hours ago, bris red said:

I wish we would stop saying this about ourselves. With the money that we have spent so far this summer we are anything but a smal fish in a big pond and we should be expecting better. 6 th biggest spenders? 5 odd million on one striker? The manager has been well backed financially and there should be no excuses IMO.

Put it this way... It's a bit like being a chav and winning the lottery and then trying to fit in with 'royalty'... Your face will fit eventually... Think Beckham 

22 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm right in thinking that you think we're a mid table team right? Or maybe you're saying we're showing mid table form?

In the above post, you say that Brentford are a top side. I'm afraid I've got news for you... they're bottom with one point. 

Now I don't necessarily disagree with you that they're a good side, but when you're Saying that we're a mid table side on the basis that we're  currently occupying a mid table slot, you cannot then call brenford a top side. Because they're rock bottom. 

We're 4 games in. Brentford are a good side, who I think will finish above us and in the top 10.

Similary you've just agreed that Brentford are a good side, yet disagree, I think, that we could finish mid table? 

I'm not saying we're a mid table team because we currently find ourselves in mid table. It's based mainly on our performances. We've played well in two and pretty poorly in two. We can be very good, but aren't good enough to do it on a regular basis. Hence I think we're mid table team. 

I think we'll know better after 10-15 games. It just frustrates me more than anything, that City fans think we deserve to be fighting up the top? And expect us to play every team off the park. It's not going to happen. Simple as that. Hence this thread

Up the City

8 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

We're 4 games in. Brentford are a good side, who I think will finish above us and in the top 10.

Similary you've just agreed that Brentford are a good side, yet disagree, I think, that we could finish mid table? 

I'm not saying we're a mid table team because we currently find ourselves in mid table. It's based mainly on our performances. We've played well in two and pretty poorly in two. We can be very good, but aren't good enough to do it on a regular basis. Hence I think we're mid table team. 

I think we'll know better after 10-15 games. It just frustrates me more than anything, that City fans think we deserve to be fighting up the top? And expect us to play every team off the park. It's not going to happen. Simple as that. Hence this thread

Up the City

This was what was constantly said through the dire mid season LAST season 

On 8/20/2017 at 07:48, Fordy62 said:

Saying that we're a mid table side on the basis that we're  currently occupying a mid table slot, you cannot then call brenford a top side. Because they're rock bottom. 

We're a mid table side because th hats LJ record with us. 

On 20/08/2017 at 02:03, ForeverRes said:

We're currently showing signs of a mid table team. 

Anyone who wouldn't be delighted with that is mad.

Yes everyone dreams of promotion and fighting at the top, and yes despite this being Johnsons 3rd transfer window, things don't always work by plans.

In so many ways we're not ready for a promotion challenge. 

Personslly i would be overthemoon with a mid table finish after the last couple of seasons, so should everyone. That's who and what we are at the moment. 

There are massive clubs in this league who have been trying for years to get out. City fans expect it to be so easy, and feel hard done by that we're not fighting for promotion. We're not a big club in this league. We've spent a decent amount of money, so have most clubs. 

City fans need to get their head out of there arses and get a bit more realistic. 

When you consider absolutely everything and look at the much bigger picture, we're a mid table team for now, and we should be relatively content. 

Up the City x

Mid table team my arse. We've spent millions of quid on players who have had little impact, partly down to not being good enough and a manager who, at this point, isn't clued up enough to enable consistency on the pitch.

It's very simple, we are a 20-15 side....we have 2 good 45 minutes against 1 dire and 1 weak side...other than that we have looked one dimensional, physically weak with no plan B.

I have seen little so far this season to suggest we will see anything different to last year.

We will not progress with this manager and a scouting system that has so far, considering the money spent, has misfired badly.

Archived