IGNORED

Diedhiou off?

Redmycolour

By the rules he should have gone..produced nothing in the game,poor movement/pedestrian and then shoud'v put us down to ten.not impressed with him at all.

With the Gus saga and this guy,costing us about 7mil fir the pair I have to question the scouting.if you look at Sam Saiz at Leeds and what he's showing there- pace,vision,eye for goal,finding space.settled straight in....3mil-maybe our scouts should go hang out with whomever is scouting for them!

10 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

By the rules he should have gone..produced nothing in the game,poor movement/pedestrian and then shoud'v put us down to ten.not impressed with him at all.

With the Gus saga and this guy,costing us about 7mil fir the pair I have to question the scouting.if you look at Sam Saiz at Leeds and what he's showing there- pace,vision,eye for goal,finding space.settled straight in....3mil-maybe our scouts should go hang out with whomever is scouting for them!

People judging him far too early. I think he's done well so far considering.

Granted he's not as exciting to watch as Kodjia and he's not an instinctive goal poacher like Abraham so people won't take to him as quickly. He's got qualities of his own - I bet Kodjia and Abraham didn't clear 3 corners between them during their time here.. Diedhiou did that in the first half alone.

He's got lots of strengths and I bet the likes of Reid really enjoy playing with him and appreciate his qualities. Still bedding in and needs as much game time as possible.

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Fortunately the ref was very close. The Millwall player put his arms round Fammy's face in an attempt to wind him up. Fammy pushed him away, but the ref saw the wind up for what it was. 

A red card would have been ridiculous. 

Spot on, just how I saw it.

I thought I saw one of the players spit at Diedhiou before they came together or at least motion like he did. Then when they squared up I genuinely thought it looked like Diedhiou went to point in the direction of something. 

I think luckily though whatever happened the ref could see perfectly well what was going on and the play acting after. Did the Millwall player get booked aswell? If not I think he should have been for his role in it.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Granted he's not as exciting to watch as Kodjia and he's not an instinctive goal poacher like Abraham so people won't take to him as quickly. He's got qualities of his own - I bet Kodjia and Abraham didn't clear 3 corners between them during their time here.. Diedhiou did that in the first half alone.

He's got lots of strengths and I bet the likes of Reid really enjoy playing with him and appreciate his qualities. Still bedding in and needs as much game time as possible.

True and to be fair we could've had Kodjia and Abraham up front today and not scored. Midfield was completely useless going forward yesterday. He's someone that needs service and I could probably count on one hand the amount of crosses we tried in open play. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

True and to be fair we could've had Kodjia and Abraham up front today and not scored. Midfield was completely useless going forward yesterday. He's someone that needs service and I could probably count on one hand the amount of crosses we tried in open play. 

Both good points but the op wasn't a dig at Diedhiou more a case of the old boy needs service into him from wide areas and our midfield wide two ain't capable IMO.

17 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Both good points but the op wasn't a dig at Diedhiou more a case of the old boy needs service into him from wide areas and our midfield wide two ain't capable IMO.

No doubt. They're not traditional wide players though. Think we want that width from our fullbacks. Now they need to do a bit of both and think Paterson plays the position well but just wasn't on form yesterday. Brownhill is out of position for me though. Eliasson I hope we are just making sure understands his responsibilities off the ball before we get him in more. Think they will all rotate a bit when the season is in full swing

38 minutes ago, Flagon said:

I thought I saw one of the players spit at Diedhiou before they came together or at least motion like he did. Then when they squared up I genuinely thought it looked like Diedhiou went to point in the direction of something. 

I think luckily though whatever happened the ref could see perfectly well what was going on and the play acting after. Did the Millwall player get booked aswell? If not I think he should have been for his role in it.

The Millwall player didn't get booked and it was a blatant attempt to get him sent off.

Spitting at him (or even motioning to) just about summed them up, what a vile team they are.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed , also don't forget the ridiculous fixture list .

Joking aside , I think he needs managing to get up to speed .

Our game plan is very wearing and for a big unit , like he is , he has done very well.

The skill he showed for the first goal against Brentford ( I think ! ) was outrageous.

Hopefully Woodrow can share the load a bit whilst our other forwards come back into  contention.

The Championship is nothing like the French leagues .

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Agreed , also don't forget the ridiculous fixture list .

Joking aside , I think he needs managing to get up to speed .

Our game plan is very wearing and for a big unit , like he is , he has done very well.

The skill he showed for the first goal against Brentford ( I think ! ) was outrageous.

Hopefully Woodrow can share the load a bit whilst our other forwards come back into  contention.

The Championship is nothing like the French leagues .

I don't think 'very well' is truly accurate - he has done OK but what is a concern is a serious lack of pace which is very exposed when he is not getting service from crosses. I think it is going to be rare to see him latch on to a through ball and get a shot away.

You are right the Championsip is nothing like the French leagues but the way that we are set-up demands that our attacking focal point needs some pace and I have my doubts.

No questioning his effort and commitment from me and you can see that he can play just not sure he is right for us ,given the options we have to partner him as things stand, I think we are going to struggle for goals.

I hope no one who reads the last line mentions ' young Bobby', yesterday was his first step back to the bench.

And the bit of skill that led to our goal at Burmingham was outstanding including the shot that hit the bar. If that had been Tammy everyone on here would have been raving.

He is still finding his feet in this league but there is certainly a talent there, not scared to use his strength, allows others to play off him, and willing to defend. Bobby Reid can certainly thank him for at least 2 of his 4 goals so far this season. 

2 hours ago, Flagon said:

You saw correctly. George Saville .

I wouldn't of been surprised if he got a red, but personally don't think it deserved a red. Like some have said, the Millwall player clutched his face, trying to get him sent off. But fairly sure not a lot of contact was made to his face. I will add that the Millwall player twice ducked his head towards Diedhiou first one very close to connecting, surprised he got away with nothing for that. COYR 

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

Just to balance things out I think yesterday  was the first time I have seen a striker do a bicycle kick in his own box. he may not score but he plays for the team give him chance

You clearly have not read the rules on OTIB, he is rubbish along with  O'Dowda,  Smith and all the new signings that haven't kicked a ball yet.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Fortunately the ref was very close. The Millwall player put his arms round Fammy's face in an attempt to wind him up. Fammy pushed him away, but the ref saw the wind up for what it was. 

A red card would have been ridiculous. 

This, plus the ridiculous over-reaction by the Millwall player, which the ref also saw clearly. 

According to Radio Bristol presenter, after viewing the incident at half time the Millwall coaching staff admitted it WAS NOT a red card offence. Moving onto Diedhou's performance yesterday, I am not sure he was 100% fit. Took no part in the 6 a side kick about and was doing calf stretching exercises with one of the fitness staff.

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You clearly have not read the rules on OTIB, he is rubbish along with  O'Dowda,  Smith and all the new signings that haven't kicked a ball yet.

one of my grand children came crying to me that one of his brothers had kicked him as I was busy I just said oh just kick him back, 10 minuets later elder grandson is crying, go to see what the problem is.

me: whats the problem?

him : he kicked me

me: so you kicked him

him : he kicked me in the balls

me : if you kick someone they may just kick you back think about it.

conclusion

every action has a consequence think before you do.

Archived