IGNORED

Writing the season off already?

Crimson Crayola

Morning folks, regular reader here but a very infrequent poster due to generally just wanting to read about the club I love and the community that supports it rather than thinking I have anything of value and importance to say.

Im making an acception to my own rule because I'v reached the point where I no longer wish to come here as much. What used to be a site for healthy debate is becoming a tool for the those who just want to promote their own agenda ignoring all others.

I am neither a Johnson in or out man (I enjoyed writing that). I was underwhelmed by his appointment and get frustrated by a lot of his tactical decsions and BS personality in front of camera. But I appreciate he has a lot of love for the club and he and landsdown are going about many things in the right way.

He will always be divisive and I'm not suggesting we stop discussing him or ignore his mistakes or successes but could we temper the incessant, copy and paste posts designed purely to support ones own agenda. In favour of something more constructive? 

I love otib, but the ongoing vitriol and repeated points again and again are making it a lot harder to ignore my girlfriend.

cheers

just8

1 minute ago, Just8 said:

Morning folks, regular reader here but a very infrequent poster due to generally just wanting to read about the club I love and the community that supports it rather than thinking I have anything of value and importance to say.

Im making an acception to my own rule because I'v reached the point where I no longer wish to come here as much. What used to be a site for healthy debate is becoming a tool for the those who just want to promote their own agenda ignoring all others.

I am neither a Johnson in or out man (I enjoyed writing that). I was underwhelmed by his appointment and get frustrated by a lot of his tactical decsions and BS personality in front of camera. But I appreciate he has a lot of love for the club and he and landsdown are going about many things in the right way.

He will always be divisive and I'm not suggesting we stop discussing him or ignore his mistakes or successes but could we temper the incessant, copy and paste posts designed purely to support ones own agenda. In favour of something more constructive? 

I love otib, but the ongoing vitriol and repeated points again and again are making it a lot harder to ignore my girlfriend.

cheers

just8

Not at all.

Lee is simply putting the (invisible) jigsaw together, and we will finally realise what he has done when we are playing PSG at home on the Europa League - within three years.

He will prove himself the brilliant young manager Steve tells us he is.

tfj

9 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Not at all.

Lee is simply putting the (invisible) jigsaw together, and we will finally realise what he has done when we are playing PSG at home on the Europa League - within three years.

He will prove himself the brilliant young manager Steve tells us he is.

tfj

That confirms my suspicions

:wacko:  :bonkers:

froot loop.jpg

Fruit cake.jpg

1 hour ago, Just8 said:

cheers

just8

The world isn't perfect and neither is OTIB.

It makes me laugh when people moan about it .

Either let it go or contribute something of quality ( like what I does ) to even it out a bit .

1 hour ago, Just8 said:

cheers

just8

You certainly should not ignore your girlfriend. I never do

Johnson's in.

2 hours ago, Just8 said:

cheers

just8

I don't think forums are for you. Strong opinions from many, many people will create repetition. As long as people aren't offensive I'm not sure what the problem is. 

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Johnson In, Johnson Out,

Johnson In, Johnson Out.

Keep repeating that and things will soon come to a head :blink:

It's quite simple: "JOHNSON OUT!!"

FFS get it right - it needs to be perfect for Friday.

:punish:

tfj :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Yes - lets give the new manager a whole week rebuilding the players confidence.

tfj  :laughcont:

if you want to be the crusader get over the bridge and ask Warnock to promote an English team with a better squad than that Welsh team; or has he no shame.

I don't think anyone's writing the season off just yet. I think lots of folk, me included, are seeing warning signs that we may struggle again and this inevitably brings up the question of whether we'd be better off with LJ.

Let's see what develops. I never doubt that we have some talented and highly professional players here. I seriously question if Lee has the smarts to lift those players up after a disappointing performance. Hope I'm proved wrong.

I think the big issue is our balance. Neither Brownhill or Paterson I would say are wingers. Brownhill is an attacking CM as is Paterson. We need to play with wingers as at both Brentford and Millwall there was no width at all. Both Brownhill and Paterson kept coming in centrally and everything was therefore too congested.  Bryan tried to provide width down the left. Other than a couple of runs, Pizano did not get down the right and neither did Brownhill. Everything was trying to go through the middle and most of the time through the air. I cannot understand the "hoof" tactic given that we don't have a lot of height at the top of the team. Reid, Smith, Paterson, Brownhill are under 6ft.   We all know that LJ is tactically inept and we could make the same points about what we were doing last season. He has not learned. I still don't think he knows his best 11. I think we have to go with (4411):

Fielding, Pisano, Baker, Hegeler, Bryan, Pack, Brownhill, Eliason, Odowda, Paterson, Diedhou

Paterson would play the 10 role until Taylor is fit. Don't think Woodrow is the answer.

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think anyone's writing the season off just yet. I think lots of folk, me included, are seeing warning signs that we may struggle again and this inevitably brings up the question of whether we'd be better off with LJ.

Let's see what develops. I never doubt that we have some talented and highly professional players here. I seriously question if Lee has the smarts to lift those players up after a disappointing performance. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Agree. Friday a big un 

29 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I think the big issue is our balance. Neither Brownhill or Paterson I would say are wingers. Brownhill is an attacking CM as is Paterson. We need to play with wingers as at both Brentford and Millwall there was no width at all. Both Brownhill and Paterson kept coming in centrally and everything was therefore too congested.  Bryan tried to provide width down the left. Other than a couple of runs, Pizano did not get down the right and neither did Brownhill. Everything was trying to go through the middle and most of the time through the air. I cannot understand the "hoof" tactic given that we don't have a lot of height at the top of the team. Reid, Smith, Paterson, Brownhill are under 6ft.   We all know that LJ is tactically inept and we could make the same points about what we were doing last season. He has not learned. I still don't think he knows his best 11. I think we have to go with (4411):

Fielding, Pisano, Baker, Hegeler, Bryan, Pack, Brownhill, Eliason, Odowda, Paterson, Diedhou

Paterson would play the 10 role until Taylor is fit. Don't think Woodrow is the answer.

Interesting! No room for the bloke that has scored  4 times already this season! And Woodrow binned after what, a 15/20 minute appearance! 

Ill take your opinion with the pinch of salt it requires.

26 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I think the big issue is our balance. Neither Brownhill or Paterson I would say are wingers. Brownhill is an attacking CM as is Paterson. We need to play with wingers as at both Brentford and Millwall there was no width at all.

That's not LJs ethos / game plan - he wants the full backs to provide the width

Both Brownhill and Paterson kept coming in centrally and everything was therefore too congested.  

What  he expects / wants them to do as far as I can decipher 

Bryan tried to provide width down the left. Other than a couple of runs, Pizano did not get down the right and neither did Brownhill.

Everything was trying to go through the middle

That's his philosophy  - short quick passing through the central areas

and most of the time through the air. I cannot understand the "hoof" tactic given that we don't have a lot of height at the top of the team.

That's not a plan - that's normally down to lack of composure under pressure or regularly no short options / movement

(Not disagreeing with any part of your post - just tying to explain why (As far as I understand and see LJs ethos)

Reid, Smith, Paterson, Brownhill are under 6ft.   We all know that LJ is tactically inept and we could make the same points about what we were doing last season. He has not learned. I still don't think he knows his best 11. I think we have to go with (4411):

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Interesting! No room for the bloke that has scored  4 times already this season! And Woodrow binned after what, a 15/20 minute appearance! 

Ill take your opinion with the pinch of salt it requires.

If you think woodrow and reid are going set the division alight then I am happy to be corrected. Sadly they won't and I am afraid the tactical genius of LJ will be shown up.....

2 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

I think the big issue is our balance. Neither Brownhill or Paterson I would say are wingers. Brownhill is an attacking CM as is Paterson. We need to play with wingers as at both Brentford and Millwall.

Wasn't it 2nd half at Brum that LJ brought on COD and Eliasson. Didn't seem to work too well then.

I don't think we have good enough CM players to play with wingers. LJ prefers loading the centre of the pitch and using Full Backs for width - great in theory but not in reality. Our level of decent crosses is really disappointingly low.

When he tried something different at brum it didn't work cuz he hasn't brought in the quality CM player(s) that would allow us to play that way.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Or for those of us with a prostate problem

I'm coming, I'm going

I'm coming, I'm going

Just not sure which !!!

Sounds nasty - have you had it examined .................... RECENTLY .................. ??

tfj

You can have all the strikers in the world, but they won't score with out the service.

We lack physical strength in the middle of the park. That's why it becomes wave after wave of attack against us. Wingers and playmakers like Pack are a luxury that becomes useless unless we are winning the hard battles in the middle of the park.

Tell me that I am not the only one who thinks this is blindingly obvious?

17 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

You can have all the strikers in the world, but they won't score with out the service.

We lack physical strength in the middle of the park. That's why it becomes wave after wave of attack against us. Wingers and playmakers like Pack are a luxury that becomes useless unless we are winning the hard battles in the middle of the park.

Tell me that I am not the only one who thinks this is blindingly obvious?

You are bang-on.

But you are not manager - someone called Lee Johnson is, and he thinks you are poohey.

:dunno:

tfj

Archived