IGNORED

Engvall scoring

bristolcitysweden

With all due respect I don't have much knowledge of the Swedish league. What level in England would you compare it with? League Two? Concerned all we are doing is essentially sign the equivalent of League Two/conference players. Maybe I'm wrong. Interested to know. 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

With all due respect I don't have much knowledge of the Swedish league. What level in England would you compare it with? League Two? Concerned all we are doing is essentially sign the equivalent of League Two/conference players. Maybe I'm wrong. Interested to know. 

Tommy would say it's the equivalent of this league or something ridiculous.

In reality it's probably a real range of standard - based on my very limited knowledge I'd generally say its high L2/ low L1 standard with a couple of much stronger teams, similar disparity in quality and imbalance to the SPL.

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

The best teams are good enough for the Championship

Engvall can score in a league that seems to be compatible to lower Championship / League one, but can't get a game at City. He also seems to be below Taylor and Hinds, and just about anybody who can kick a ball, at City. There must be a message there, but I wouldn't like to say what it is. 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Engvall can score in a league that seems to be compatible to lower Championship / League one, but can't get a game at City. He also seems to be below Taylor and Hinds, and just about anybody who can kick a ball, at City. There must be a message there, but I wouldn't like to say what it is. 

I think the message is he isn't as good as Taylor or Hinds. Not that hard to work out 

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Clearly signing Woodrow on loan is a case of any port in a storm.  Like most, totally perplexed by the Engvall situation, and not forgetting McCluskey, who scored again yesterday for Newport.

Blimey that's near genius:

" not forgetting McCluskey scoring"  ???

You maybe thinking of McCoulsky who not only didn't score but was an unused substitute v Coventry- but hey- when you have an agenda then making things up comes with the territory.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

City v Djurgården would be an even game.

They got some decent players. Most famous is perhaps Andreas Isaksson, Jonas Olsson and Kim Källström.

Tommy, the way things are going City vs Clevedon Town would be an even game.

Aren't those 3 you mention in Roxette ?

Archived