IGNORED

Engvall scoring

bristolcitysweden

Dont forget that the last time we played a swedish team we got beaten 4-0.

I see something different.

I see that Lee Johnsson already has done a Brexit:

Look at the Bench its full of players from other countries in Europe. For exampel we have a player from Iceland there, Iceland the same team that won against England...

We have player from The Bundesliga there...Think again BUNDESLIGA...

We have Swedens best player during the spring this year....

We used to have one of Swedens best goalscorer there, when we lost 10 games in a row, he didnt get a minute...

But now we got a player from Fulhams reserve team and he actually played last game, of course he is british....

12 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Dont forget that the last time we played a swedish team we got beaten 4-0.

I see something different.

I see that Lee Johnsson already has done a Brexit:

Look at the Bench its full of players from other countries in Europe. For exampel we have a player from Iceland there, Iceland the same team that won against England...

We have player from The Bundesliga there...Think again BUNDESLIGA...

We have Swedens best player during the spring this year....

We used to have one of Swedens best goalscorer there, when we lost 10 games in a row, he didnt get a minute...

But now we got a player from Fulhams reserve team and he actually played last game, of course he is british....

I bet that avatar goes before LJ Mr. Sweden

55 minutes ago, samo II said:

Cracking finish.

Considering he missed a few games and is still second top scorer, am guessing he must have the best goals to games ratio in that league.

He has.

Scored 8 in 15 games now, the only guy with more goals (a team mate who takes penalties) has 9 in 19.

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry about spelling but he was brought on as a sub and scored the third goal in 90 mins

Dear Ivor Guy,

I know you must be over 90 years old, but Newport played Coventry City yesterday and won 1-0.

Reece Cole scored the only goal in the 53rd minute.

This dementia thing is a bugger though!!!!

:innocent06:

24 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry about spelling but he was brought on as a sub and scored the third goal in 90 mins

last week i think....yesterday unused sub it seems....

Do you have an agenda or was that just an unfounded accusation from another poster? 

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He has.

Scored 8 in 15 games now, the only guy with more goals (a team mate who takes penalties) has 9 in 19.

Regardless of level, that's a very decent return for the lad.

Looks as if the Swedish season's last games are on Nov 5th, so being our next fixture after that is Nov 18th, I hope he heads back and gets a chance to integrate into the team.

Unless our current forwards are firing by then, it's going to look mighty weird if he ends up top scorer or close in that league, then comes back here and isn't involved.

40 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I think you will find that was the opening game of the season on 5th August. He then got 2 in an EFL Cup game in the following week, was subbed in the next league game and left out yesterday. Have been keeping a bit of a watch on his "progress".

16 minutes ago, samo II said:

Regardless of level, that's a very decent return for the lad.

Looks as if the Swedish season's last games are on Nov 5th, so being our next fixture after that is Nov 18th, I hope he heads back and gets a chance to integrate into the team.

Unless our current forwards are firing by then, it's going to look mighty weird if he ends up top scorer or close in that league, then comes back here and isn't involved.

Pretty sure the way the European transfer window works that he can't play for us now until January once the Swedish season ends, so whatever he does in the next ten weeks he'll then be kicking his heels for two months..

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure the way the European transfer window works that he can't play for us now until January once the Swedish season ends, so whatever he does in the next ten weeks he'll then be kicking his heels for two months..

Really?

But does his having played for us between loan spells suggest he's able to?

Be interesting to know.

Seemingly we paid £2m for some DNA.

Unfortunately that DNA can't play football very well. 

We need scouting and analysis that goes beyond stats. 

Which gems has the incumbent scouting network found that have really pushed on? I do worry. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If that's correct then letting him go back to Seeden so quickly is frankly ridiculous with Taylor & Đurić out injured. Also means that he won't be match fit by January, so we go through the whole fiasco again.

For whatever reason LJ doesn't rate him. Accepting that we don't see him in training, his goal scoring in Sweden seems hard to  ignore. Man management skills?

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Prediction

Engvall will be playing Champions League whilst we languish back in League One

Quite possibly. His game appears to be suited to playing off the last defender, which is highly valued by most higher level teams. Just not Bristol City....

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Seemingly we paid £2m for some DNA.

Unfortunately that DNA can't play football very well. 

We need scouting and analysis that goes beyond stats. 

Which gems has the incumbent scouting network found that have really pushed on? I do worry. 

Kodjia??

And have you looked at the goals in the clip from Cider Army, the post before yours? All those goals were scored this season. The lad can play but for some reason LJ doesn't, can't, or won't see it. 

Just like many a Scandinavian tale, this saga seems set to run and run, especially if we start struggling for goals, and Engvall keeps scoring in Sweden.

7 hours ago, BigTone said:

Tommy, the way things are going City vs Clevedon Town would be an even game.

Aren't those 3 you mention in Roxette ?

It Must've Been Love But It's Over Now,  this is just a Joyride at the moment Tone.... all we can do is hang on for now and see where takes us...

Meanwhile why not enjoy some Roxette? .... 

Archived