IGNORED

Engvall scoring

bristolcitysweden

11 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

With Taylor and Đurić out, not sure why we let him go on loan unless we thought that the two crocks would be fit fairly soon.

Đurić out until(at least)november-as regards cTaylor;its all gone quiet on that front...hope this means he's due back & not silence to be broken with "out until November"!!....as regards the evasive Gus this all goes only in 'one direction.

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Engvall can score in a league that seems to be compatible to lower Championship / League one, but can't get a game at City. He also seems to be below Taylor and Hinds, and just about anybody who can kick a ball, at City. There must be a message there, but I wouldn't like to say what it is. 

Tfl would be your best bet for the answer there Pongo. ! 

11 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Because we hoped he would be. 

Be interesting to compare the stats of Engval and the new kid from Fulham. Not that it really means much or you can take much from it I suppose. Clearly LJ does not look at stats or he would not have gone back to Sweden. All very bizarre and yet another example of how making an error with a player, that is what this is, does have a knock on effect in so many ways. 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sharp finish Tbf 

It was and not taking anything away from him but not a great deal of defending going on to be fair.

This is what we do know about Engvall's situation:

• He scores freely when playing in Sweden

This is what we don't know about Engvall's situation:

• Everything else

I know this forum is here to support debate about players and BCFC but we literally know nothing about the reasons for Engvall's ongoing loan. It was well documented last season that Engvall's girlfriend wouldn't be joining him in Bristol as she was completing her college studies at home. There was also a long thread about Steven Caulker's lack of support from City when he was dumped in a city centre flat at the start of his loan.

My point is that we can't just speculate on the situation based on Engvall's goal-scoring in Sweden. And, throughout this loan he will get sharper, increasing his confidence and ability - and increasing his value.

I've said it before but if the club is to progress it needs a bigger squad of players some of whom might never get a fair first team chance. Strikers need games and goals. If there is a reason why one of ours isn't mentally in the right place then a good loan is the right option.

In this situation, the club might be looking after a good player until those around him judge that he is settled and can give his best for City.

Archived