IGNORED

Bobby Reid off to Everton ?

foghornred

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Christian Ribeiro, James Wilson....papers/sites like linking our players to Everton.

I wouldn't worry about it.

And Joe in the past and more recently. Local scout or ex city player working for them? There's always someone linked with them isn't there, and none if it has ever happened. Not a club we have ever had any dealings with are they.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

And Joe in the past and more recently. Local scout or ex city player working for them? There's always someone linked with them isn't there, and none if it has ever happened. Not a club we have ever had any dealings with are they.

Forgot about Joe.

I can't remember any dealings with them - certainly in my time, and if it was it was probably a youth signing or possibly a loan (we've had a few over the years). 

Think a lot of it could also have been the Moyes connection during his time there also.

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fawthrop was their SW Scout , (In at Everton via his mate Lumsden) not sure if he's still involved

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

Now you mention it.. it rings a bell that there's someone with a City connection working for Everton but can't recall who.. former player I think

Just remembered - Fawthrop was who I was thinking of

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Taz @BobBobSuperBob I realised the Moyse and Lumsden connection, both long gone from Everton though. I think Lumsden followed him to ManU didn't he, not sure where he is now? Must be retired, not that scouts ever completely retire? Forgot about  Fawthrop, maybe he is the connection. 

"With the dismissal of David Moyes as Manchester United manager on 22 April 2014, Lumsden also parted company with the club along with assistant manager, Steve Round.

Lumsden was briefly linked with the vacant Southampton job in 2014 but insisted he was too busy with his allotment."

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Now you mention it.. it rings a bell that there's someone with a City connection working for Everton but can't recall who.. former player I think

Just remembered - Fawthrop was who I was thinking of

Wasn't it Brian Tinnion, doing work for Everton whilst over in Spain?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

@Taz @BobBobSuperBob I realised the Moyse and Lumsden connection, both long gone from Everton though. I think Lumsden followed him to ManU didn't he, not sure where he is now? Must be retired, not that scouts ever completely retire? Forgot about  Fawthrop, maybe he is the connection. 

Must admit I had no idea about Fawthrop!!

If Reid was 18 or 19 years-old, I could maybe see it but he's 24, he is nowhere near good enough to compete with what Everton or Leicester have in their first teams.

Everton have forked out £45m for Sigurdsson, Reid can't compete there.

Leicester have just sold Tom Lawrence to Derby for £7m & given the choice of the two, I'd much rather have Lawrence any day of the week.

As for Middlesbrough being interested, they have Bamford playing off of the strikers who they paid around £10m for & while I don't particularly rate Bamford (especially at that price), he has a better pedigree than Reid & has been starting so far this season.

Sorry but it just doesn't fit, he's beyond the age of being someone with potential, he should now be at an age where he's playing towards his best.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

There's always someone linked with them isn't there, and none if it has ever happened. Not a club we have ever had any dealings with are they.

I can't think why but you must be forgetting this guy:  Wasn't it one proper goal, one thirty yard own goal and one red card in 14 appearances for us?  

Taken from wiki: "Atteveld is most remembered by Evertonians for stripping during an end of season lap of honour and throwing his kit and his stained y fronts into the crowd".

IMG_0782.JPG

9 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Ssshhhhh, as far as the outside world is concerned, he's Young Bobby Reid.

I remember a Preston scout travelling down to watch a player from the team I played for.  He was scoring for fun and word had got around.

He approach one of our team during the warm up and asked which player was the lad he'd come to see.  He was pointed in the direction of our striker, early 30s, prematurely going grey.  He was furious, had been told he was a young'un.  He got back in his car and left.

Archived