IGNORED

Will Hörður get sold this summer ?

Major Isewater

Going off on a bit of a tangent from Magnússon, but....

...the good squads have players competing for positions, knowing that if they get their chance, they stay in.  I think we are trying to evolve a squad and probably not getting it quite right.

Its not easy to do either.  Fair play Ashton for getting deals over the line, but we've no idea whether these players are / were first choice or not, or whether we've had to pay over the odds to get them, because we can't guarantee them a start.

Just looking at Spurs last season.  How did they keep Trippier and Davies happy with Walker and Rose.  How did they sign them in the first place?  Money!  They could offer them more than they were on at Burnley and Swansea respectively and as such you get a player to bolster your squad.  In fairness I quite like Trippier and shame he's injured with Walker gone.

Back to City, how is LJ keeping Magnússon happy?  Run outs in the EFL Cup?  Probably not.  Magnússon is probably desperate for either Flint to go, or perhaps himself.  I'm sure he knows that even if he has a blinder tomorrow night, Joe comes back in on Friday.  Probably right too, but it's difficult to maintain your spirit.

i think our academy are playing catchup in terms of trying to produce Champ players.  If we were still in League One some might be in the team or closer to it.  But a lot are probably miles off.  So we bolster with your Engvall, O'Dowda, type players.

I'm not writing them off, but not all of them are going to make it.

In this inflated market, we might make money on those that don't.  It's not likely we are on the downside of high prices (think negative equity), so even failures like Tomlin might have broke even or small profit!

Archived