IGNORED

Barriers in the Winterstoke Rd car park

Robbored

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

NHS staff have to pay at most hospitals and as part of general "eco" (= taxation and control) it has been mooted that all employers will be "encouraged" to follow suit.

Up to £80 a month:

https://www.unison.org.uk/news/press-release/2017/04/hospital-staff-paying-extortionate-charges-to-park-at-work-says-unison/

This is true. I have a friend who works in the maintenance dept at the BRI and surrounding hospitals. His parking charges are deducted directly from his wage packet.

24 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This has shifted slightly after the courts found in favour of a parking company where there was limited time parking that had been outstayed (Parkingeye v Beavis):

Full detail here:

http://www.devonlive.com/news/motoring/you-pay-parking-charge-notice-326724

If the signage is unclear or obscured, which you can evidence by photographs, then they won't win and won't take you to court.  I saved a friend a £60 charge on this basis.

If' you're ever taken to court for this it will be through the small claims court likely the automated processing centre in Northampton.  You can log in to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and file an acknowledgement of service and then a defence without having to pay anything.  Your defence can basically cite the lack of signage, the fees being excessive and lots of other things.  Defended cases where the sum claimed is less than several hundred pounds are very unlikely to be economical to contest because it goes from being automatic to requiring an actual solicitor, but the fees they can charge for solicitors are capped at well below what they are likely to cost.  The claimant will often withdraw.  If you've got a bill for thousands, yeah they probably will go for it.

I think Robbored should have made clear that Senior Reds only get free parking at the monthly lunch, not match days etc. I believe parking is free if you are attending a function at AG although maybe someone from the club could confirm this.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Was he raising and lowering the barrier each time someone went through? Why not just open it until all has passed through? Non-senior reds just need to show their ticket… Senior Reds show what they needed to get in… 

He was. He had to show the ticket to the sensor in order to open the barrier.

It would certainly made more sense if the barrier was left open as it was only the Senior Reds leaving the car park.

14 minutes ago, marmite said:

I think Robbored should have made clear that Senior Reds only get free parking at the monthly lunch, not match days etc. I believe parking is free if you are attending a function at AG although maybe someone from the club could confirm this.

You're right of course. 

Half the problem was that hardly anyone knew about the barriers and at least three people couldn't work out how to use them.

That might have been why there was a bloke manning the barrier when we all left.

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

My wife's cousin works in the ticket office. Staff park for free.

Okay , okay

Head honchos , Ticket office staff , and Senior Reds park for free ,,,,, but no one else ,,,,, right ?

:protest:

Certainly hope the players have to pay with the money they earn. Especially with the size of most of their cars

:yawn:

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Try going down there once if not twice a week for various things over the summer break and into last week, (meetings, sorting out the supporters club etc) never getting a free lunch, and either having to pay for parking, or being there so long, I've had to buy my own lunch to get the parking free! ;) 

Are you saying you should get a free lunch ?

29 minutes ago, shelts said:

You do lots for us . It is appreciated....just !!

Thought the club might throw something at you!!

I do get to call in the odd favour. Foster son had a birthday treat of a trip to the dressing room for a look round before Saturday's game for example. 

Archived