IGNORED

Bolton possibly in financial trouble again.

Lanterne Rouge

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Didn't think bolton had any assess left! 

They even sold thier training ground to Wigan I believe? 

Yep - they did.No ground either  let alone the hotel and even the car park.

The only true asset they have left is their heritage and the many many die hard fans. This alone is worth a different kind of fortune.

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Didn't think bolton had any assess left! 

They even sold thier training ground to Wigan I believe? 

Players I suppose although they`ve probably only got Josh Vela that`s worth real money. I don`t know who owns the stadium TBH. Still, they might be more attractive to potential investors now they`re back in the Championship I guess.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep - they did.No ground either  let alone the hotel and even the car park.

The only true asset they have left is their heritage and the many many die hard fans. This alone is worth a different kind of fortune.

It does go to show that the premier league isn`t necessarily the promised land it`s made out to be IMO - although I do admit the financial rewards (if you can call them that) are a lot different now from when they were there.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It does go to show that the premier league isn`t necessarily the promised land it`s made out to be IMO - although I do admit the financial rewards (if you can call them that) are a lot different now from when they were there.

There was still a fair bit of dosh sloshing about.

I'm sure I read that of the 11 years Bolton were in the prem, they only made a profit in 1 of them - the very first year!

Staggering.

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

seems similar to what happened at southampton when their parent company got wind up, If the EFL see it like that then expect bolton to have a 15 point deduction, be interesting to see what happens 

As I understand it Holdsworth's company is just a large shareholder in the club and not the parent company.

Still , difficult times predicted for the Trotters.

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As I understand it Holdsworth's company is just a large shareholder in the club and not the parent company.

Still , difficult times predicted for the Trotters.

aye but it was the money used to buy the club or become the majority shareholder, so it doesn't look great, just be intresting to see what the EFL make of it, as they normally come down hard on things like this, its not going to be easy for bolton to stay up this season 

We're playing there in the cup tonight. Hope they get the situation started, I really can't see them staying up this season either way there's a real lack of quality in their squad. Solid at the back but seem to rely far too much on set pieces, their centre backs Beevers and Wheater seemed to score all their goals last season.

Archived