IGNORED

The official Watford FC v Bristol City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

Oh and also Silva has said he wont be resting as many as fans might think as wants to keep a winning squad together.  If this is true players to look out for would be Richarlison a tricky quick Brazilian winger down the left and Doucoure a skilful box to box midfielder.

If Ambrabat plays down the other wing you'll be perfectly safe when he has the ball (cross/pass completion is hovering around the 0% mark)

Would still expect him to give Deeney a few minutes and play one of the reserve keepers though - probably Bachman (who has a very wide neck.) Might expect some time for Hughes recently acquired from Derby.

I don't think I have ever given less of a shit about the result of a City game in my life. We have a really tough away game live on national tv in 72 hours at kick-off time, I want to see a complete reserve side tonight. If we lose 5-0, no complaints. Just get out of this useless cup and get ready for the league game. 

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I don't think I have ever given less of a shit about the result of a City game in my life. We have a really tough away game live on national tv in 72 hours at kick-off time, I want to see a complete reserve side tonight. If we lose 5-0, no complaints. Just get out of this useless cup and get ready for the league game. 

Errrrrrr... We're at home on Friday.

40 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I should have wrote a more general few thousand miles but got confuzzled mid type by my son asking me to draw the Hulk... apologies. Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated. Not being sarky either btw. :thumbsup:

Cheers fellas. Whilst I appreciate the compliments, I do have rather a large backside. A donkey booty as some say. In fact, just today in Tesco, some old geezer lost control of his trolley and it bumped against my derrière. No lasting damage and we exchanged insurance details.

But was there any damage to the trolley?? :whistle: :thumbsup:

They recommend you drink Coke after a triathlon to kill all the nasty stuff you probably swallowed during the open water swim. 

It may not be good for you but boy does it taste good. 

Regarding the importance of tonight's game I'm slightly confused as to the number of people who don't care and want a reserve side tonight. Didn't LJ commit one of the crimes of the century when he fielded an under strength team in this very competition against Hull last year? I'm sure people were a bit miffed about that.

For what it's worth I care a small amount about the result tonight. I would like to see us win with excellent performances from fringe players however a narrow to moderate defeat seems likely. 3-1 to the Hornets.

3 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

They recommend you drink Coke after a triathlon to kill all the nasty stuff you probably swallowed during the open water swim. 

It may not be good for you but boy does it taste good. 

You need to update your Avatar, please do so in line with the 2017 film.

**My sincerest apologies to anyone on this forum who suffers from Coulrophobia.

Image result for it clown 2017

31 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I'll keep that in mind just as I'm,approaching Slough right now, well it's an evening out!:chant6ez:

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'll keep that in mind just as I'm,approaching Slough right now, well it's an evening out!:chant6ez:

Ha - do enjoy. Perhaps you will get to see some youth players get a run out and they might surprise us. Personally don't want to see any of our outfield 10 that'll play on Friday play tonight.

Maggers, Heg, COD, Eliasson, Vyner, Flint(?), Woodrow, GON should all get a run out I'd imagine so it won't be that bad a side!

I recall that our little run in this cup seemed to benefit our league form at the beginning of last season as we were able to give some good game time to some of the fringe players, as well as being able to settle Tammy into the team.  The defeat against Hull in the cup coincided with the start of the really bad run(s) of form, so maybe its not a bad thing.  I would certainly expect Eliasson to start and get at least an hour on the pitch.  

Also we had 6 points on the board after 4 games, 1 more than we have now.  I seem to remember most fans being pretty happy about that:whistle:

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

People please, let's try and keep the sponsors happy and this thread on topic.  The real question is what would a can of Carabao do to a 2p piece. 

I have no idea what Carabao is, and can't even be bothered to google it to find out.

Based on the above, it may (or may not) be something sold in cans.

Watching players getting off coach, Frankie, o Neil, flint, pato, jens , Taylor, korey, Wright, diehiehu lucic,  vyner,  lloyd Kelly, Hinds, I think, they all rushed in a bit quick,  ok was asked about Flint and he joked and said you have to ask him and asked if the kiddie had his name on his shirt, when told no he said that's ok then, he made a joke but didn't want to talk about it, looked fed up at being asked in a jokey way, 

2 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Oh and also Silva has said he wont be resting as many as fans might think as wants to keep a winning squad together.  If this is true players to look out for would be Richarlison a tricky quick Brazilian winger down the left and Doucoure a skilful box to box midfielder.

Our player to look out for is Engval.

If you see him let us know,  'cause we've been looking out for him for a year with very few sightings in a red shirt ! :)

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's the acid that breaks down the limescale.

A cheaper option is to use vinegar.

or

Isewater's Descaling Lotion.

Recycling the unused squeaky bum oil from last season then Major, or is this a new product line?

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

Not Happy.

Just arrived at the Gate for pre match pizza and some ciders. No bugger here accept me and bloody John Salako.:yawn:

You'll be Ok sharing a pizza with Solako Homer, but I don't see him as a cider man.

Archived