IGNORED

The official Watford FC v Bristol City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone who was there tonight and there on Saturday like to suggest what caused the difference between City's two performances?

I was at both,,,but have no idea, much better balance all round and we looked hungry, almost like we had a point to prove, flint was immense but to be fair no one played badly, perhaps our most expensive player still has something he needs to show, we were bursting eith energy and confidence and the fsns supported them throughout, a fantastic away game 

Sat in a field just outside Blandford Forum with no means of charging my mobile. Tried following the game by occasionally powering the phone up to look at the BBC website and the reaction on OTIB.

I have to say I'm bloody delighted with this result. A bit of a confidence boost both on and off the field.

Let's carry this feeling into Friday.

Was there. Now back. Already.

Shape, shape, shape. We held our shape superbly throughout. I mean first half we didn't offer much going forward but we did contain Watford and despite them living just inside our half; never looked like letting them score.

Flint will find Troy Deeney deep in his pocket when he inevitably clears out his locker (to note; the only City player who gave the away support just a passing round of applause at the end then headed straight off before risking stepping too close to the away end. Either his grief at an inevitable move is deep or ... who knows.)

Hinds was good but has a tendency when he's lost the ball deep in their half to allow his opponent to draw an easy foul off him and end our pressure. One to work on but otherwise a strong game and got around a lot. Diedhiou had a couple of alright pieces of movement in the first half but they were few and far between. One moment he got the ball out to our left and then somehow meandered through towards goal and let the defence engulf him. A passenger certainly. Hinds the only one to attack with pace or directness.

Kelly seemed to have a few loose touches at time but worked well with COD and kept their right winger in check.

Quite how COD missed his open goal at the end... not sure. He stopped the ball almost dead it seemed to line it up; first time shot and he'd have scored.

I'm curious to read other opinions on Eliasson as I'm not sure what I made of his all round game today. It's certainly not going to put him in the team above Paterson at the moment but I just don't know I felt about him. When we were 1-1 I'd have taken him off as I felt he wasn't affecting much but he seemed to come alive soon after that. 

Overall - certainly worth £11 of my money!

Well done City for turning what I thought was a no win game into a great positive. It looks like we some decent young players beginning to emerge. And its cheered me up a bit from Saturday's diatribe, although in hindsight Millwall's spoiling tactics and an inept ref had much to do with that. Now looking forward to Friday.

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hi Red,

I see you are still trying to convince your new phone to recognise your spelling ;)

Ha ha true, it's a Samsung edge with a curved screen and it's taking some getting used to, and it's certainly got a mind of its own when I'm typing!

very neat goal by Niclas Eliasson, like the tiny touch to nudge it past the lunging defender to leave himself with a pretty easy finish, quite classy that.

Dunno how O'Dowda missed his chance, but kept his head high for the assist.

Hinds goal, take a bow son, held off a challenge, didn't panic when he had no pass on, and boom.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

very neat goal by Niclas Eliasson, like the tiny touch to nudge it past the lunging defender to leave himself with a pretty easy finish, quite classy that.

Dunno how O'Dowda missed his chance, but kept his head high for the assist.

Hinds goal, take a bow son, held off a challenge, didn't panic when he had no pass on, and boom.

The save was excellent, we ran 'em ragged. 

Archived