IGNORED

Team for tonight (Merged)

Top Robin

26 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Tonight would be perfect time to just try out something different in the centre of midfield. Pack and Smith have been overrun in recent games so a new pairing for this game may just unveil something that we have been missing. Suggestions welcome.

All our central midfielders are similar. Nobody carries any creativity or goal threat. It's ridiculous. Should have been priority. Johnson has his dad's obsession with strikers. 

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We dont have any creative ones either, which makes me wonder what are our midfielders actually good at? 

Pato, O'Dowda, Ellison (given the chance) all creative all will create given the chance, we have no defensive midfielder full stop, I've name 3 creative players in midfield but can't name one who can break up play and protect the back 4

7 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Lucic

Vyner

Flint

Mags

Golbourne

O'Dowda

O'Neil

Hegeler

Eliasson

Hinds

Fammy

Apart from Fammy needing a goal or two for confidence, and our other lack of strikers I wouldn't risk anyone who will play against Villa.

Looked tired Saturday and we definitely need him Friday so I'd  not be playing him personally

Maybe have him on the bench for a 10 minute punt at the end if we are level 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Pato, O'Dowda, Ellison (given the chance) all creative all will create given the chance, we have no defensive midfielder full stop, I've name 3 creative players in midfield but can't name one who can break up play and protect the back 4

They're all used as wide players though, in the middle (Pack, Smith, O'Neil and Hegeler) we have a real glut of defensively minded midfielders. That's important of course but can't see that lot getting many goals. 

Think we need someone who's also more of an attacking threat.. someone in the same style as Irvine or Hourihane would be great.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I hear ya. Was thinking more in the CM position Pack Hegeler Smith GON Brownhill are hardly the most prolific / creative bunch and if you're saying they cant defend either.... its a pretty bland CM 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They're all used as wide players though, in the middle (Pack, Smith, O'Neil and Hegeler) we have a real glut of defensively minded midfielders. That's important of course but can't see that lot getting many goals. 

Think we need someone who's also more of an attacking threat.. someone in the same style as Irvine or Hourihane would be great.

You wrote what i was gunna say but better. 

Archived