IGNORED

Team for tonight (Merged)

Top Robin

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with most here - possibly shelving a cup run chance goes against the grain

But Villa 72 hrs later is looking like a marker game for us so I'd pick my side for Friday and form a side for tonight from what's left in the squad

I agree Bob. But isn't it a shame that we're already having to think like that. I always get my hopes up about a good cup run (as we mostly all do id imagine) and they always seem to get quashed over the last few years.  Here's hoping whatever team goes out tonight can cause a surprise and pose LJ some headaches for Fridays selection.  

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

I agree Bob. But isn't it a shame that we're already having to think like that. I always get my hopes up about a good cup run (as we mostly all do id imagine) and they always seem to get quashed over the last few years.  Here's hoping whatever team goes out tonight can cause a surprise and pose LJ some headaches for Fridays selection.  

Exactly. Lukic worries the crap out of me, but I hope he can change that

ill be amazed if Flint doesn't start as well as Magnússon. Hinds will feature at some point and COD should be in. I'm a fan of Vyner and Kelly and GON needs pitch time. All in all we have a very decent second 11, some may say in some areas better than the first 11 particularly since the second half at Birmingham 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Depressingly acurate. 

Did LJ learn nothing from Paul Hartley?

Have to say I'm fed up with it year in year out. I can remember some great keepers, left backs, wingers and strikers. But midfield? Nah. We bypass the midfield. We don't score enough goals from the midfield. We don't win enough tackles in the midfield. It's been going on for far too long. Manager after manager. 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Have to say I'm fed up with it year in year out. I can remember some great keepers, left backs, wingers and strikers. But midfield? Nah. We bypass the midfield. We don't score enough goals from the midfield. We don't win enough tackles in the midfield. It's been going on for far too long. Manager after manager. 

The spirit of Sir Gerry would like a word.

I'd like to see (but suspect I won't);

Lucic

Vyner Flint Mags Golbourne

Hegeler O'Neil Brownhill

O'Dowda Hinds Eliasson

Subs: Kelly, Taylor, Reid, Morrell, Moore, Paterson, Fielding

Can't imagine Watford putting out a full strength side either, so we could possibly benefit from that if we don't weaken our own chances too much by overly concentrating on the Villa game... of course we know changes will be made but I hope we intend to 'go for it' tonight never the less...

OK ,for once, its our turn to ....'.'MIND THE GAP'  at Watford tonight and it is a long shot (I'm thinking 3-1 defeat) but maybe just maybe, if we are up for it , we can bridge that Gap.. & hope for a cash generating glamour tie in the next round.. :fingerscrossed:

(if we must lose tonight then for the sake of the prediction league I'd take a 3-1 reverse with Flint scoring for us and 1-1 at half time... but forget that, lets Mind (and bridge) that bloody Watford Gap and progress. :city:)

Archived