IGNORED

Eni Aluko / Mark Sampson (Merged)

spudski

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe being a bit thick here, but a statement was released by Bristol Academy womens team last night - does that actually still exist?

I thought they evolved into Bristol City ladies team?

Bristol Academy of Sport still exists - maybe it's their statement as it relates to the time when they were running the team?

Bristol Sport appears to have got involved in 2014, after Sampson left although the Community Trust was a shirt sponsor in 2013.

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

DBS checks are done every 3 years, (used to be a CRB check) I wonder if his had expired and when it was renewed, this "new info" came out. As in someone could have come forwards since his last one was done, with info from before 2014, so it's now showing up. Just an idea. 

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, Dolls,  as the FA have said it isn't an issue related to safeguarding. 

It's also not a new allegation, as it was made and investigated (by the FA) in 2014.

They appear to have developed collective amnesia however and it is convenient for them now to resurrect this issue to get rid of someone who is at the centre of a controversy. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

What does that say about Bristol Academy, Bristol City Women, Bristol Sport and BCFC?

The four are linked to individuals who were present when Mark Sampson was employed by Bristol Academy.

nothing to do with city or Bristol Sport,

Bristol Sport didn't take over the womens team until 2015 after Sampson had already left his post and two years after the allegation according to a statement 

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, Dolls,  as the FA have said it isn't an issue related to safeguarding

It's also not a new allegation, as it was made and investigated (by the FA) in 2014.

They appear to have developed collective amnesia however and it is convenient for them now to resurrect this issue to get rid of someone who is at the centre of a controversy. 

It's the same concerns RR that Safeguarding examined and came to the conclusion there wasn't a safeguarding issue

The FA have just decided to make their own judgement on those concerns , now , some years later

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's the same concerns RR that Safeguarding examined and came to the conclusion there wasn't a safeguarding issue

The FA have just decided to make their own judgement on those concerns , now , some years later

Exactly Bob. Not a safeguarding issue as it doesn't involve an under 18 or an abuse of a power situation. Sleezy perhaps, but not criminal. 

The FA however have already made a judgement in 2014. They are now saying that the people running the organisation now weren't aware of this allegation so they have looked afresh at it and decided that while it raises no safeguarding issue it amounts to conduct below the standard expected of its employees.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

nothing to do with city or Bristol Sport,

Bristol Sport didn't take over the womens team until 2015 after Sampson had already left his post and two years after the allegation according to a statement 

And people who were there are time are now part of?

If as the poster implies Mr Sampsons alleged behaviour was common knowledge why was it tolerated

There are a myriad of connections between Bristol Academy, Bristol City women and Bristol Sport and Bristol City FC.  

Coaches above work in various roles, in the community and at junior clubs.

I have a personal interest in this as a Bristol City women's coach is a friend and coached my son in another role. He is a credit to he coaching profession. I simply do not believe that people as admirable and responsible as he is would tolerate inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour at a organisation they coach at.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

And people who were there are time are now part of?

If as the poster implies Mr Sampsons alleged behaviour was common knowledge why was it tolerated

There are a myriad of connections between Bristol Academy, Bristol City women and Bristol Sport and Bristol City FC.  

Coaches above work in various roles, in the community and at junior clubs.

I have a personal interest in this as a Bristol City women's coach is a friend and coached my son in another role. He is a credit to he coaching profession. I simply do not believe that people as admirable and responsible as he is would tolerate inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour at a organisation they coach at.

It's the FA trying to save face and throw everyone under the bus and try and resit the reform the government wants

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Exactly Bob. Not a safeguarding issue as it doesn't involve an under 18 or an abuse of a power situation. Sleezy perhaps, but not criminal. 

The FA however have already made a judgement in 2014. They are now saying that the people running the organisation now weren't aware of this allegation so they have looked afresh at it and decided that while it raises no safeguarding issue it amounts to conduct below the standard expected of its employees.

Agree - but the FA were in possession of all the facts but now claiming they didn't read them fully / properly

The whole thing stinks from top to bottom and it sounds like a few should be going

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

so serious in fact that two investigations found nothing (one independent ) and they have gone back to something from 2014 and stating the fact no law has been broken and that he can still work in the game,

yea sounds really serious and not a witch hunt at all,

Can you not think of anything that a male manager could do whilst in charge of female players that would not be a crime but would be completely inappropriate? It doesn't have to be anything to do with the Aluko allegations.

Everything is wild speculation obviously until anything actually comes to light, but by constantly defending the man and making claims like it's a witch hunt you're running the risk of seeming very silly when the true extent of the situation is revealed.

Why not wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Can you not think of anything that a male manager could do whilst in charge of female players that would not be a crime but would be completely inappropriate? It doesn't have to be anything to do with the Aluko allegations.

Everything is wild speculation obviously until anything actually comes to light, but by constantly defending the man and making claims like it's a witch hunt you're running the risk of seeming very silly when the true extent of the situation is revealed.

Why not wait and see.

thats why i said witch hunt, people have thrown him under the bus with out any evidence, the only facts out there is that he's been investigated twice for Aluko, found innocent both time, and something happened in 2014, again found innocent

He's a scapegoat to cover up massive failings at the FA, something that keeps happening,  

Until the FA is reformed from top to bottom, these things will keep happening,

17 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Believe me the FA knew about this waaay way before then. His inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge in and around Bristol Ladies/Girls team.

Total abuse of power

This slimey little**** has had this coming for some time 

44 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's the FA trying to save face and throw everyone under the bus and try and resit the reform the government wants

The above post is the one I replied to. If Mr Sampson's inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge it is inextricably linked to Bristol Sport etc. Is the poster implying that his behaviour was tolerated by the coaches, the organisation and structure it became part of ... Covered up even!  

Part of that structure is BCFC. Part of that structure will be known to people on this forum. The coaches (several) I know who work for various aspects of BCFC - Bristol City women - The Community Trust are marvellous people.

I hope the top post is a total fabrication.  

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

whats he done wrong? 3 investigations one dating back to 2014 that the FA had before he was employed,

Where's his conviction? why isnt he in prison as its so serious?

I suggest you leave the keyboard alone,

Or produce the evidence to prove he is in the wrong because that doesn't seem to be forth coming at the moment,

It was not a criminal offence, but fell short of what was to be expected, seems like he might have had a warning, and then this...two strikes and your out?

Hope that helps your understanding a bit.

17 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Believe me the FA knew about this waaay way before then. His inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge in and around Bristol Ladies/Girls team.

Total abuse of power

This slimey little**** has had this coming for some time 

Thanks for adding a bit of reason, I just really had a gut instinct about the bloke, that's all, seems like there is actually no smoke without fire. It would seem Bristol did the right and proper thing in exposing him, too much cover up in football, which has been highlighted just recently with coaches preying on young boys.... 

So before some condemn the FA for all this stop and think some.

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The above post is the one I replied to. If Mr Sampson's inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge it is inextricably linked to Bristol Sport etc. Is the poster implying that his behaviour was tolerated by the coaches, the organisation and structure it was part of ... Covered up even!  

Part of that structure is BCFC. Part of that structure will be known to people on this forum. The coaches (several) I know who work for various aspects of BCFC - Bristol City women - The Community Trust are marvellous people.

I hope the top post is a total fabrication.  

Bristol Sport and indeed Bristol City FC didn't take over running or have anything to do with the womens Team untill 2015 2 years after he left his post at Bristol Academy so why would BCFC know? or even need to know?,

From Wiki

The first women's team to represent Bristol City were not actually part of the football club, but were actually an independent team, Bristol United, with no affiliation to Bristol City. In 1990 they were invited to represent City by wearing red kits and using the club's name. Four years later, City began work developing their own women's football section when fathers Roger Bowyer and Andy Baylis, began entering girls' teams in local 6-a-side leagues. From these beginnings a senior women's team grew, and worked their way up the leagues. They won the South-West Combination in the 2001–02 season, winning promotion to the FA Women's Premier League Southern Division.[1]

It took them just two seasons in the Southern Division to win promotion to the FA Women's Premier League National Division, finishing the 2003–04 season with a record of 18 wins, three draws and three defeats to top the Southern table.[2] Promotion meant they would now play in the top flight of English women's football, where they would join local rivals Bristol Rovers in the National Division.

City found life at the top of the women's game difficult, and their stay in the National Division lasted for just a single season. They ended the 2004–05 campaign with just 9 points and were relegated straight back down to the Southern Division.[3] Two years later, in May 2007, Bristol City announced that they would no longer fund a women's team. The club moved to Bath and became part of the TeamBath group of sports teams.[4]

The name Bristol City returned to women's football in 2016, however. In a strange twist City took over, and renamed, FA WSL side Bristol Academy. Although they had been renamed in the mean time, Academy were the same team that had been City's fierce rivals of the late 90s and early 2000s: Bristol Rovers.[5] It was announced in November 2015 that Academy would become Bristol City W.F.C..[6]

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It was not a criminal offence, but fell short of what was to be expected, seems like he might have had a warning, and then this...two strikes and your out?

Hope that helps your understanding a bit.

So you have a warning in your previous job, and one in your current job, does that mean you should be sacked from your current job?

8 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

DBS checks are done every 3 years, (used to be a CRB check) I wonder if his had expired and when it was renewed, this "new info" came out. As in someone could have come forwards since his last one was done, with info from before 2014, so it's now showing up. Just an idea. 

He had no criminal convictions so any checks on his self that was negative would be groundless. I would think that the weight of 'evidence' regarding his persona was too much to ignore. And of course in light of the new revelations about past abuse, the FA had to act.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

He was working under the FA in both roles.

So yes he should be sacked.

no the FA didn't run Bristol Academy SGS did, so he came under their jurisdiction and was found at the time to have done nothing wrong, creepy slimy maybe but nothing wrong, If he was working for the FA at te time, they would of been paying him, much like any manager,

The FA can't decide tomorrow to sack Lee Johnson, they have no authority to do that, they can request it, they can't actually do it,

If the FA really had mis givings why emply him?, why did it take almost 5 years to come out (this happened in 2013) coincidentally the same time aluko starts kicking up a fuss about the TWO investigations 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no the FA didn't run Bristol Academy SGS did, so he came under their jurisdiction and was found at the time to have done nothing wrong, creepy slimy maybe but nothing wrong, If he was working for the FA at te time, they would of been paying him, much like any manager,

The FA can't decide tomorrow to sack Lee Johnson, they have no authority to do that, they can request it, they can't actually do it,

If the FA really had mis givings why emply him?, why did it take almost 5 years to come out (this happened in 2013) coincidentally the same time aluko starts kicking up a fuss about the TWO investigations 

And the FA have known about this for 2 years why now?.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And the FA have known about this for 2 years why now?.

much like the child abuse  another cover up perhaps to keep the old boys in place and the fat cats keep getting richer?,

Unlike the abuse however a few players have jumped to his defense, like Steph Houghton, 

4 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I am very disappointed that a successful manager has got the sack due to a personal row with a player.

It will now make it difficult for the next manager who comes in - will he pick Aluko?

And that throws up another problem, will players that she publicly criticised want to play with her again?.

I feel sorry for the squad they have started to achieve and compete at the highest level and now this.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Even if it predates Bristol Sport?

Yes. It was absorbed into Bristol Sport. People are colleagues of each other. People will often have multiple roles across different clubs, senior and junior ... Its a small world there.

The people I have met and know in that word don't tolerate power abusing shites ..

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Bristol Sport and indeed Bristol City FC didn't take over running or have anything to do with the womens Team untill 2015 2 years after he left his post at Bristol Academy so why would BCFC know? or even need to know?,

In regards to safeguarding and welfare its a duty to know. Its a duty to make sure all policies and procedures are followed. And it would be a duty for individuals who continued to be involved in Bristol Academy to Bristol City Ladies to pass on relevant information to line Management and appropriate individuals e.g Welfare officers - To the top.

This type of thing is not swept away, or should never be.

Archived