IGNORED

Eni Aluko / Mark Sampson (Merged)

spudski

• Admin
4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So you think the investigation was thorough?

Which one.... is this one of those situations where we should keep repeating something because someone wants a different result.

At the moment I have an open mind on it, I doubt whatever is in the first report will stay secret for long, some tacky tabloid will get the details, if they haven't already.  Once I know the facts I'll make up my own mind.

9 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

I take it that the duffers at the FA that knew about this 'inappropriate behaviour' in 2014. and are still at the FA now, will do the honourable thing and resign. I won't hold my breath!

The excuse trotted out is that the FA is now under "new management". However as the chairman was the football league chairman in 2014, and half the board members were in place then, including "token woman" Heather Rabbatts, I'm calling BS on that claim.

As I say, i don't think it takes too much imagination to work out what inappropriate blurring of the coach/player boundary but not a safeguarding issue is.  And if it's what i think it is, it is hardly a hanging offence, but it is something that makes it very difficult to manage a team,

Someone mentioned elsewhere that he was seeing one of the girls he was coaching at the time? or something along those lines anyway. He would've been 20 something and I guess they would've been 18? This is purely from what I've heard on other websites so it's probably not true, but if so it's an odd situation

25 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Someone mentioned elsewhere that he was seeing one of the girls he was coaching at the time? or something along those lines anyway. He would've been 20 something and I guess they would've been 18? This is purely from what I've heard on other websites so it's probably not true, but if so it's an odd situation

He's 34 I think this is nonsense, I think the FA have made this up to make it go away.  I hope he sues them...

Well, well. What a sudden calamity this has turned out to be. From a well-respected coach who took England to the World Cup and Euro semi-finals (and arguably should have emerged with more success), Sampson is now persona non grata. The original claims by Aluko have shown the FA in a strange light, but now the unravelling is out of control. Having stated that two inquiries failed to prove the claims, it has only now announced that there were claims against Sampson some years ago whilst he was coach of Bristol Academy. The timing is astounding. The outcome inevitable - although proof remains elusive.

So now we are in this state of affairs: Sampson is declared unemployable after several years in the role; Aluko is seen by many as a villain; the England top job is up for grabs (and the candidates are being embraced in the media as a motley bunch). But the real stench is to be inhaled around the FA. So many things don't appear to add up or appear cogent. What a mess. Again.

As a side aspect, I am somewhat bemused by the Vixens' story. Having had (the nasty, bullying?) Sampson lift them to fight well above their weight for a few seasons, his departure brought about Dave Edmundson. His influence on the squad was so strong that half the first team left at the end of the season. A touch ironic maybe.

So .....

Although the FA claim they weren't fully aware of the details of the 'allegations' / concerns whilst he was at Bristol, when they (FA) appointed him , (Dec 2013) they were aware of everything 12 months later 

So after Alukos allegations that went found / proven the FA sack Sampson for the Bristol concerns , nearly 4 years later

Sampson is not somebody I could take to but

Complete Joke

FA a disgrace

A complete witch hunt , and / or actions to cover up their failings

No wrong doing proven, accusations there are and a headache for the FA. I think they had little choice however and no doubt he gets a pay off. 

And I really see no racism in that comment by Sampson to Aluko. How many times do any of us say something we think will be a lighthearted remark but it comes out slightly differently. Sampsons remark was barely in poor taste but it unearthed previous accusations. 

The problem with western society, in general, and particularly the English speaking one is that standards of education have fallen inexorably in the last 40 years. I have no doubt about that. It means a general dumbing down and the poster who said someone hides behind an accusation, of whatever kind, as a substitute for a reasoned discussion does tend to resonate and it actually polarises opinion as you see on this thread. The FA, Sampson and Aluko are all victims and hostages to that decline in standards.

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

No wrong doing proven, accusations there are and a headache for the FA. I think they had little choice however and no doubt he gets a pay off. 

And I really see no racism in that comment by Sampson to Aluko. How many times do any of us say something we think will be a lighthearted remark but it comes out slightly differently. Sampsons remark was barely in poor taste but it unearthed previous accusations. 

The problem with western society, in general, and particularly the English speaking one is that standards of education have fallen inexorably in the last 40 years. I have no doubt about that. It means a general dumbing down and the poster who said someone hides behind an accusation, of whatever kind, as a substitute for a reasoned discussion does tend to resonate and it actually polarises opinion as you see on this thread. The FA, Sampson and Aluko are all victims and hostages to that decline in standards.

Witch hunt

Forgive me, I'm still not up to speed on this thing.

So MS made the ebola comment to Aluko - very ****ing weird and disgusting comment to make, but there's a debate about it actually being racist. And then seemingly more info has come out as to some inappropriate behaviour since, and he's now been sacked for that, but we don't know exactly what it is?

Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Forgive me, I'm still not up to speed on this thing.

So MS made the ebola comment to Aluko - very ****ing weird and disgusting comment to make, but there's a debate about it actually being racist. And then seemingly more info has come out as to some inappropriate behaviour since, and he's now been sacked for that, but we don't know exactly what it is?

Is that correct?

No such comment was made according to an fa and independent equiry 

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Monkeh.. Because they felt uncomfortable with a report they should have read 2 years ago and were looking for any excuse you mean?

Like with with fat Sam (who was also proved innocent)

This is about the FA trying to save face and the "gentlemans" club at the top of the game

Noted and agreed ref the FA conduct. I have watched and listened to Sam A's sit down with that sting operation more than once. Each time I simply ask 'why?' .. He was just installed as England boss and agrees to meet these people .. Not his remit, nothing to do with his job. The guy is naive at best and any number of words can describe him at worst. He had to be sacked.

The information released suggests that the FA clearly went digging for something, and eventually found something they could use to terminate his contract. 

Might be suggested that the FA bloke might be at fault for only just reading a report that was sent to him some years ago.  

Appropriate time for the use of the words Omni shambles, or Cluster£u(k

Seems to me that when MS was appointed the FA "chose" to ignore, or not look too deeply into the report about MS's activities while at Bristol Academy.

It also seems to me that allegations of racism are a can of worms, with often a no win situation for any company or organisation. With 2 separate investigations into MS's conduct regarding Aluko, allied to the £80,000 pay out to Aluko, there was always a strong chance that the story would not go away and the FA would not want to   risk accusations of a cover up or "whitewash".

The original report about MS at Bristol Academy now appears to give the FA a get out of jail free card. If MS's activities at Bristol Academy are now deemed to make him unsuitable for the high standards the FA demands of it's employees, why were they not deemed to be so at the time of his appointment? 

As with "Big" Sam, surely the FA would carry out in depth and detailed due diligence of anyone being considered for such a high profile and potentially toxic appointment as manager of the national team. Given the added potential "problems" that could occur with a man managing a group of females, it would seem even more necessary that even the slightest suggestion of "improper conduct" with female players under his management in a previous role would ring every warning bell going?

Makes you think that the FA is still the old boys club that ensured that Brian Clough never became England manager and why the Premier League rang rings around them, and continues to do so to this day. 

P.S. Re the Aluko allegations I was once told it's not what you say , it's what other people hear what you say. What goes as banter in a male dressing room is almost certainly not going to go down the same with everyone in a female dressing room and especially when issues of race come in to play. Seems to me that MS was indiscreet with comments that I suspect he thought were humorous, but in today's climate and in such a high profile he should know better.

As for allegations regarding his time at Bristol Academy, I have no knowledge of the rumours that many others do seem to know about, but putting 2 and 2 together it seems he overstepped the mark interrelationships with players and this would have then be seen to have compromised his ability to manage the players impartially, whether or not he did.

Something came out of some incident(s)  whilst he was at Bristol, the testimony given by the black player was very compelling for me, and I said similar on here at the time. However despite this some on here merely put i down as a witch hunt What should the FA do, forget it ignore and be no better than the Russians?

Whatever happened here must have been pretty serious, let's see if he contests the sacking shall we?

He was doing well at Bristol from what I remember, so did the FA offer him the England job without checking out his references as such? Or were they aware and employed him anyway hoping they could bury 'bad news' as they got a successful manager? As I said before it was only by chance the Aluko thing was discovered. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Like with with fat Sam (who was also proved innocent)

This is about the FA trying to save face and the "gentlemans" club at the top of the game

No smoke without fire in both cases, would you rather we have a cover up? 

Not sure what you are alluding to with your comments. The way I see it he was sacked  because of his previous actions, which cast doubt on his innocence, but supported the complainents' side of the story.

The silence from him his is deafening. 

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Something came out of some incident(s)  whilst he was at Bristol, the testimony given by the black player was very compelling for me, and I said similar on here at the time. However despite this some on here merely put i down as a witch hunt What should the FA do, forget it ignore and be no better than the Russians?

Whatever happened here must have been pretty serious, let's see if he contests the sacking shall we?

so serious in fact that two investigations found nothing (one independent ) and they have gone back to something from 2014 and stating the fact no law has been broken and that he can still work in the game,

yea sounds really serious and not a witch hunt at all,

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

so serious in fact that two investigations found nothing (one independent ) and they have gone back to something from 2014 and stating the fact no law has been broken and that he can still work in the game,

yea sounds really serious and not a witch hunt at all,

By a witch hunt you are saying that he is innocent, the girl a liar and Fat Sam should be the England Manager...leave the keyboard alone, take a walk and clear your head.:yes:

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

By a witch hunt you are saying that he is innocent, the girl a liar and Fat Sam should be the England Manager...leave the keyboard alone, take a walk and clear your head.:yes:

the player doesn't come across very well either. neither do a lot of people. if Mark Sampson was all its said some think he was. why was he employed by Bristol Academy? why did they give him a reference for the England job? Bristol Sport also made a statement yesterday which appeared to go against the FA.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

So if he is not innocent, what is he actually guilty of?  And if he is guilty of a crime or a serious FA rule breach, why has he not been convicted or banned?

19 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

whats he done wrong? 3 investigations one dating back to 2014 that the FA had before he was employed,

Where's his conviction? why isnt he in prison as its so serious?

I suggest you leave the keyboard alone,

Or produce the evidence to prove he is in the wrong because that doesn't seem to be forth coming at the moment,

14 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Believe me the FA knew about this waaay way before then. His inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge in and around Bristol Ladies/Girls team.

Total abuse of power

This slimey little**** has had this coming for some time 

What does that say about Bristol Academy, Bristol City Women, Bristol Sport and BCFC?

The four are linked to individuals who were present when Mark Sampson was employed by Bristol Academy.

Archived