IGNORED

Eni Aluko / Mark Sampson (Merged)

spudski

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

What is actually tantamount to censorship is people saying Aluko has no right to state an opinion on people's actions.

100% agree and no different to others having the right to state theirs in whatever manner they decide.

28 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Or maybe the player is making the allegations because she feels they happened?

Worth remembering that, in context, Aluko only ever raised the allegations because she was asked to take part in an FA consultation on diversity, and actively asked whether she had ever witnessed any discriminatory behaviour. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about her reasons for acting which are not really born out by the evidence and I would suggest that what you have just posted is far more libellous to Aluko than anything she has alleged about Sampson.

I'd also repeat my previous point. Sampson's 'character' is not up for discussion. What is up for discussion is whether he acted in a certain way on two occasions. Whether the players like him or dislike him the rest of the time has absolutely no bearing on the question of how he acted on the two occasions in question. 

The player got eighty grand.. She chose to not fight her corner. She is a brief. The allegations only surfaced after she was dropped so she obviously played under this vile regime for sometime after Hope Powell was sacked. And she is making accusations and has been in public for sometime. She has coated off Sampson, the FA and now here ex team mates ..

In this players world everybodies character is the issue.

Reframe it ... It could not be HER could it!

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The player got eighty grand.. She chose to not fight her corner. She is a brief. The allegations only surfaced after she was dropped so she obviously played under this vile regime for sometime after Hope Powell was sacked. And she is making accusations and has been in public for sometime. She has coated off Sampson, the FA and now here ex team mates ..

In this players world everybodies character is the issue.

Reframe it ... It could not be HER could it!

It could. I don't know. I don't know her and I don't know Mark Sampson. I would imagine you do not know her or Mark Sampson either. I was not in the room when it happened, if it happened, and I suspect you were not either.  Either side could be at fault. Both sides could be at fault. Neither side could be at fault. We do not know. I just find it surprising people from such a clear and definite idea of who is to blame despite the fact that none of us really have the information to judge.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Good. At best a liar and at worst a racist liar

I watched some of the game last night and was struck by how the players (of all ethnicities) made a point of going to him and celebrating each goal. Not something you would see if the players felt the stories were true.

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

People trashing what I wrote, which is factually correct if you can be bothered to research

I agree and linked that article to support what you said. You can take your pick of newspaper as well folks if you don't like the Guardian.

What's troubling about this is that considering that MS has been cleared of any wrong doing twice (FA and independent), some didn't like the result and took this approach: 'If you don't like the result, keep going until you get the result you want'.

Sometimes investigation results are wrong and this approach is the right course - Hillsborough springs to mind.

Sometimes, however, it's a witch hunt.

I really don't have all of the evidence to hand and hope that this doesn't turn out to have been a witch hunt.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

What's troubling about this is that considering that MS has been cleared of any wrong doing twice (FA and independent), some didn't like the result and took this approach: 'If you don't like the result, keep going until you get the result you want'.

Sometimes investigation results are wrong and this approach is the right course - Hillsborough springs to mind.

Sometimes, however, it's a witch hunt.

I really don't have all of the evidence to hand and hope that this doesn't turn out to have been a witch hunt.

The ones that have taken place into this are shambolic e.g. Not interviewing a / the key witness before reaching a conclusion. 

Archived