IGNORED

Bristol Post Fake old news shocker

Dr Balls

Just seen a copy of the Post today at work. Apparently 41 years ago today we played Arsenal at Highbury in our first game back in the old Division 1. And next to a picture of Geoff Merrick and Malcolm Macdonald the blurb claims we lost that game 1-0.

Now I know the standard of journalism may have dropped considerably in the time between that game and now, but you would think someone might at least fact check such an important detail as the score and the scorer!

And for anyone from the Bristol Post the score was Arsenal 0 Bristol City 1, scorer Paul Cheesley. Look up the highlights on You Tube while you are there!

3 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Just seen a copy of the Post today at work. Apparently 41 years ago today we played Arsenal at Highbury in our first game back in the old Division 1. And next to a picture of Geoff Merrick and Malcolm Macdonald the blurb claims we lost that game 1-0.

Now I know the standard of journalism may have dropped considerably in the time between that game and now, but you would think someone might at least fact check such an important detail as the score and the scorer!

And for anyone from the Bristol Post the score was Arsenal 0 Bristol City 1, scorer Paul Cheesley. Look up the highlights on You Tube while you are there!

Remember it well

33 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Born about 24 hours late for that one, distinct lack of planning by the parents there.  I guess I came into the world off the back of a win though.

How the Post could get that wrong though, crikey.

51 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Only under Johnson's tactical genius could we lose a game we previously won.

Johnson out!

:)

Archived