IGNORED

Food in Sports Bar

locobaker

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

There seem to be a lot of defenders of Italian cheese on toast here!

Probably best not to mention the stupid idea of having dough balls as a starter followed by dough as a main course wtf is that about? :fear:

It's about taking on board a load of pointless starchy carb and storing it as visceral fat, getting some liquid toast in (beer), so that later in life you can take medication for type 2 diabetes! 

Mind you, I do like a nice pizza.

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It's about taking on board a load of pointless starchy carb and storing it as visceral fat, getting some liquid toast in (beer), so that later in life you can take medication for type 2 diabetes! 

Mind you, I do like a nice pizza.

I think you can actually have Garlic Bread then Pizza then Nutella Calzone. By the time you've had all that there'll be no room at the inn for a beer! 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Being a fat 'thunder' (I have no desire to be naught stepped again!) I can confirm that both the pizza and garlic bread options are absolute winners.

No chips mind. And who doesn't like a chip.

One Chip? That'll be £2.50 please sir. Extra £2 for a mini faux saucepan of curry Source. 

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Tell us more.

OK. Perhaps I overegged as I typed quickly. Definitely can be healthier depending how made though.

Basically talking as someone who has been to Italy reasonably often, some key differences between, in my experience anyway:

1. Thinner crust is rather better for someone than thicker crust.

2. In my experience, less cheese, definitely less cheese on pizzas in Italy say than here or especially America. That again makes a difference.

3. Meat toppings are quite popular here. Not universal but certainly quite popular. In Italy? More fresh vegetables. Again this is changing here and isn't universal there, but am merely going with my typical, traditional like for like.

Those 3 factors alone, off top of my head, definitely make a difference.

American pizzas...yeah can be real bad for you! Caked with cheese, pepperoni galore.

Someone I know had one size of a round table out there- that's bad for anyone regardless of ingredients! :yes:

For what it's worth, I assume these ones will be well made at AG, towards the healthier methods.

12 hours ago, RumRed said:

Probably best not to mention the stupid idea of having dough balls as a starter followed by dough as a main course wtf is that about? :fear:

And I used to think of you as a sensible poster of sound mind.... ;)

15 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Yes, the first game was Saturday just gone. I kind of (and I'm honestly not saying this to brag) had a bit of a hand in it, because I went to meet the guys running the pizza place after the first two home games, because the supporters club members wanted pizza at the first home game, but the pizza guys were still feeling their way with how things on a match day were going to work, and so the pizza was only available to those sat down in the sports bar. 

I had a meeting with them initially on behalf of the SC&T members, to see if they could provide us with pizzas upstairs, and they went away and had a think, and as I said you can now go in and get a pizza in a box to take away. They cost £5 and are in three flavours, margarita, pepperoni and mushroom. 

I'm sure I'm not the only reason for this happening, but I'd like to think I played a part in it :) 

I can't see where else they'd have come up with idea. 

Just imagine if the like of Dominos caught on to the concept of serving pizza in a box..! It would revolutionise the industry and they'd make a fortune..! 

:thumbsup:

On 8/22/2017 at 18:57, RumRed said:

Dounghnuts for pudding for a proper balanced meal! :)

On 22/08/2017 at 17:59, Cider_boy said:

Not if you cut it into slices

Excellent post, still the culinary equivalent of beige however, or maybe mauve? Anyone that chooses to eat a 'postable' comestibles has a seriously restricted palate.

or they're pissed and skint.

On 23/08/2017 at 04:21, Dollymarie said:

They're definitely not if you take one away. I can post my bank statement if you like ;) 

Strange, they charged me £7 for one to takeaway when I went in there after the Barnsley game? Forgot to show my season card for discount too. Buggers

29 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

Strange, they charged me £7 for one to takeaway when I went in there after the Barnsley game? Forgot to show my season card for discount too. Buggers

After the game the prices might revert to the usual ones, was it a small pizza (9 inch) or their usual size one? That might be why the difference in prices. 

4 hours ago, Richwilkins50 said:

In the Dolman it seems the left overs get sold cheaper on the way out with the counter staff in full market place mode.

Archived