IGNORED

Gas in the next round anyone?

Mr Yoda

47 minutes ago, shelts said:

Mixed feelings on here. I would love a full house at our place, what an atmosphere, sea of blue in the Atyeo , 3/4 of the ground red, police and horses everywhere. Hairs on the back of yer kneck standing up as we sing drink up thee zider!!

Proper and only derby 

Correct answer. What football is all about.

Not overly fussed, but all the talk about the game being huge, on TV etc is way off the mark.

It would only be a big game if you're in Bristol, and wouldn't be picked as a TV match - they will need one of the big premier league teams from this point on.

8 hours ago, INCRED said:

It would be a great atmosphere though!

The JPT game in 2013 was one of the best I have enjoyed in all my 40 odd years alongside some of the play off games because it meant something

All though I enjoyed the atmosphere I don't want to play them ever again. When and if we do it will be a day to soon!

I would like us away at Man Utd, Arsenal or  Wembley.  

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Not overly fussed, but all the talk about the game being huge, on TV etc is way off the mark.

It would only be a big game if you're in Bristol, and wouldn't be picked as a TV match - they will need one of the big premier league teams from this point on.

Agree outside of Bristol there is little to no interest in the 'Bristol derby ' which is a sad indication of how football in our city is viewed. 

Rovers wouldn't sell out the Ayeto, there would be comments of how they don't feel safe etc, etc.

would love to see the gate full for a top six premiership team, that's where the club would get the exposure and make money 

14 minutes ago, JulieH said:

No thank you!!

Think of a the overtime!!

on a serious note , what would be the difference between us playing the blue few to us playing a team where there is a history of disorder between fans? Is it an increased police presence in the city centre for example, or the fact the police can't really control where people are coming from in respect of fans making their own way? 

13 minutes ago, daored said:

Think of a the overtime!!

on a serious note , what would be the difference between us playing the blue few to us playing a team where there is a history of disorder between fans? Is it an increased police presence in the city centre for example, or the fact the police can't really control where people are coming from in respect of fans making their own way? 

The problem is with Derby games is that you are right, both sets of fans are from Bristol and the mixed areas for instance city centre become on the day an area where fans don't want to be mixed!

it would almost be easier having a derby every year as then the game would revert to a yearly event and not one where a few people get a little out of control over the game. 

The planning is basically the same as any high risk game, just generally more policing numbers needed.

• Admin

Arsenal
Aston Vila
Barnsley or Derby County
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers or Bunley
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burton Albion
Chelsea
Cheltenham Town or West Ham United
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Huddersfield Town or Rotherham United
Leeds United
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Middlesbrough
Newcastle United or Nottingham Forest
Norwich City
Reading
Southampton or Wolves
Stoke City or Rochdale
Sunderland
Swansea City
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion

• Admin
12 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Come on 

Unless I am wrong

Tottenham away

It would be the Final for us, A Wembley apearance

Or would they be forced to play away? 

12 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

?????????????

12 hours ago, myol'man said:

Tottenham are playing at Wembley, keep up

I read this post differently - I thought the ???????? was in relation to the question about whether they would be "forced to play away"

The answer to that is obviously NO, as Wembley is Tottenham's home ground for this season

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

The problem is with Derby games is that you are right, both sets of fans are from Bristol and the mixed areas for instance city centre become on the day an area where fans don't want to be mixed!

it would almost be easier having a derby every year as then the game would revert to a yearly event and not one where a few people get a little out of control over the game. 

The planning is basically the same as any high risk game, just generally more policing numbers needed.

Fear not Occifer - if we draw the Gas their fans will be using the tunnel

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Arsenal
Aston Vila
Barnsley or Derby County
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers or Bunley
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burton Albion
Chelsea
Cheltenham Town or West Ham United
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Huddersfield Town or Rotherham United
Leeds United
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Middlesbrough
Newcastle United or Nottingham Forest
Norwich City
Reading
Southampton or Wolves
Stoke City or Rochdale
Sunderland
Swansea City
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion

I don't get how there is 31 clubs going into the next round... has someone got a bye?

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

We'll probably end up away to West Brom again, or better still, Sunderland or Newcastle away on a Tuesday :facepalm:

Has to be a home game surely, no matter who it is.

The Gas will do nicely. Big crowd, big atmosphere and hopefully another reason to laugh at them for a few more years.

The JPT game summed up for me why I don't want us being drawn against Rovers. The game itself was fantastic, 2 of the best goals I've seen us score and a brilliant atmosphere, all marred by a bunch of brainless thugs causing problems at the end which resulted in fines for the clubs and proper football fan's names being pulled through the mud again in the national press thanks to the actions of a few. 

These games always attract those types, they never step foot inside of AG except for the chance to run on the pitch/get into a scrap/spend the entire 90 minutes shouting at the away end. Not for me ta.

Would it sell out though? Judging by the tiny crowds this competition is attracting I'm not convinced. Reckon we'd have to meet them in the latter stages for it to be a full house.

Blackburn-Burnley tonight will be an interesting litmus test - crowds at Ewood have been pathetic but the prospect of facing the old enemy will swell the attendance, however still potentially balanced out by the Carabao stay away factor.

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Would it sell out though? Judging by the tiny crowds this competition is attracting I'm not convinced. Reckon we'd have to meet them in the latter stages for it to be a full house.

Blackburn-Burnley tonight will be an interesting litmus test - crowds at Ewood have been pathetic but the prospect of facing the old enemy will swell the attendance, however still potentially balanced out by the Carabao stay away factor.

We sold out AG in the first round of the JPT against Gas, it would be a total capacity sell out as it always is and the away end would be full too. 

7 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Burnley fans are also having to travel by coach only in a bubble match setup.

19 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

The JPT game summed up for me why I don't want us being drawn against Rovers. The game itself was fantastic, 2 of the best goals I've seen us score and a brilliant atmosphere, all marred by a bunch of brainless thugs causing problems at the end which resulted in fines for the clubs and proper football fan's names being pulled through the mud again in the national press thanks to the actions of a few. 

These games always attract those types, they never step foot inside of AG except for the chance to run on the pitch/get into a scrap/spend the entire 90 minutes shouting at the away end. Not for me ta.

Brilliant atmosphere was caused by that. 

Hatred is what makes derby games great. 

Archived