IGNORED

Gas in the next round anyone?

Mr Yoda

26 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

I can see from your face your a glass alf full kind a fan....relative to the other lot we should feel quite chippa about ar football lot

I'm very happy with what we are doing as a club. Rovers just remind me of that annoying little cousin that we all wish we didn't have.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm very happy with what we are doing as a club. Rovers just remind me of that annoying little cousin that we all wish we didn't have.

My little (actually... not so little) Gashead cousins are always a great source of mirth..... a derby day would be just what bristol football needs peferably at ashton . first 28000 crowd in forty years...imagine.... 4-1 city.

I'm torn over this. Sell out for the 1st time properly since the stadium was redeveloped whilst showing our full dominance on the pitch reminding them of the gap is very appealing. 

However, knowing 40% of my admission fee will be handed to the sneaky Arab literally makes me feel sick. Add to distinct possibility that they will go out to rough up as many as our players as they can and the 1 in 10 chance that they manage to beat us, then I start to I feel it's not a good idea. 

Plus wally will cry like a baby when we try to sell tickets at a 10er like they did last time and we will be forced to pay more. 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

This cup should have been closed down years ago

Yep, absolutely boring, who wants to dream of getting to Wembley? Who wants be in the last 32 with the big boys and the knuckle dragging, dog fiddlers? Wish we were out, wish I followed the Allsvenskan, Swedish football is so entertaining, not to mention the standard is right up there too.

Anyway, I'm off to post on a forum of a Scandinavian team I watch once in a blue moon, but know everything about.

4 minutes ago, zombie said:

Yep, absolutely boring, who wants to dream of getting to Wembley? Who wants be in the last 32 with the big boys and the knuckle dragging, dog fiddlers? Wish we were out, wish I followed the Allsvenskan, Swedish football is so entertaining, not to mention the standard is right up there too.

Anyway, I'm off to post on a forum of a Scandinavian team I watch once in a blue moon, but know everything about.

Meow!!!

Don't want to play them as others have said it's a no win situation for us, lose to them and they will think they have won the world cup, it will be carnage before, during and after the game probably make headlines for all the wrong reasons, banning orders galore and also I don't think our carpark is big enough anymore to cope with the thousands of pikeys locked out.

4 minutes ago, screech said:

Far east gambling racket are sorting it out.

Ha ha . First round charlton get drawn twice. 2nd round we're home then away. 3rd round know one can watch . And it's in China. I would like to see us get drawn away to Doncaster not read about in the morning. Rant over 

5 hours ago, cityboy99 said:

i'm hoping it's someone who we could progress past and then get that big tie in round 4

Well said mate! I'll be happy to play a "lesser" club provided it's not a local game where form sometimes goes out of the window. 

Meanwhile across town; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10550/efl-cup-draw some want to play Spurs away, others want to be at home to us and one wants City away.

1 hour ago, zombie said:

My first visit in Bristol was before your parents met

8 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

We sold out AG in the first round of the JPT against Gas, it would be a total capacity sell out as it always is and the away end would be full too. 

Yes, but the capacity was a fair bit smaller then.

Some more tiny attendances tonight - Newcastle half empty, Stoke - which was rocking on a Saturday against Arsenal under 10k - even Blackburn-Burnley was a mere 16,000; poor even allowing for Burnley bubble trip.

Based on that, no way would City-Gas sell out at Gate in next round. North of 20,000, sure, but never a sell-out.

21 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Think anyone who says no clearly hasnt experienced a proper BrIstol Derby game/atmosphere. Nothing beats it. Beats an away day at any Prem side. Save that for the last 16 !!!

Sorry, that's rubbish.

Ive experienced plenty of 'proper' Bristol derbies when we used to play them every year in the league. I enjoyed them as much as anyone else.

Haven't enjoyed the last couple of derbies due to the fact they've become such huge underdogs in the last 17 years, it's a no win game for us.

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yes, but the capacity was a fair bit smaller then.

Some more tiny attendances tonight - Newcastle half empty, Stoke - which was rocking on a Saturday against Arsenal under 10k - even Blackburn-Burnley was a mere 16,000; poor even allowing for Burnley bubble trip.

Based on that, no way would City-Gas sell out at Gate in next round. North of 20,000, sure, but never a sell-out.

It 100% would sale out. No doubt.

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sorry, that's rubbish.

Ive experienced plenty of 'proper' Bristol derbies when we used to play them every year in the league. I enjoyed them as much as anyone else.

Haven't enjoyed the last couple of derbies due to the fact they've become such huge underdogs in the last 17 years, it's a no win game for us.

Couldnt disagree more but as its 32/1 that we draw them i'll wait until tomorrow morning before making anymore comment ! 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My first visit in Bristol was before your parents met

Wouldn't worry about it. Some people get ratty for the sake of it. If you support a team from a piece of land in which your heart is in, then why should it matter where that be? FairPlay to you for the years of following!

23 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

It 100% would sale out. No doubt.

Like I say, I'm not convinced but we can agree to disagree - if we are paired with them we'd find out soon enough. Be more than happy to be proved wrong!

I'd guesstimate around 22,500-23,000. The real capacity is - what? 25,000 give or take? - so we'd hardly be talking masses of empty seats.

I don't mean to do a disservice to our support, I'm just looking in the context of this tournament which is being met with pretty much universal apathy. 

On a (somewhat) related note, whither the future of this competition?

Even teams outside the top flight fielding blatantly understrength teams, supporters staying away in their droves - what is the point of having two domestic cup competitions in an age of increasing fixture congestion?

Were it not for the Europa League place afforded to the winners, I fancy the League Cup would've been unceremoniously binned yonks ago.

Obviously the FAC gets treated with contempt too, but last season showed the "Magic" cliche is well-founded with two non-league sides reaching the last 16. The FA Cup might even get a bit of a renaissance if the league cup was axed.

Thoughts?

I'm really torn, if news came through that we are drawn against them at first I'd be buzzing but after a while I'd become fed up of the media circus surrounding the game. For the next couple of weeks everything would be about that game and us fans and players my lose focus of what's important, the league.

We have made some steady progress this season and I'd hate for that to be put on the back burner whilst everyone focuses on a derby game.

I absolutely detest derby games but also absolutely love them. We have absolutely nothing to gain out of playing them and for those few weeks we will have to put up with all the shit from them lot, in those few weeks the thought of losing to them consumes me because being honest the thought of them saying 1 nil for the next ten years pisses me off.

For us even if we win it's not even a big thing, just a feeling of relief.

Archived