IGNORED

Where are Johnson's critics? (Merged many times)

Redtucks

33 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Where are you all? Where were you last night?

You know who you are. The Johnson Out Brigade - the JOBers :blink:

What a difference a few days make. And ok a few changes ;)

Anyone hear LJ on Radio 4 - yes Radio 4 - at 6.30. Talking about "the Project" and that "one swallow doesn't make a summer" but good on you Little Lee and Clowns Down. Perhaps you do know what you're doing!

A decent cup win and the bloke's a saint

I am on the fence about LJ but, if anything, last night increases my frustration with him.

Yes, it is a great result and by the sounds of it a great second half performance BUT we have already shown we can play brilliantly against Barnsley and first half v Birmingham. But we have to do it on a regular basis.

A team that can win away at a Premier League team should not be capitulating against Birmingham, creating nothing against Millwall or spending 79 minutes under siege against Brentford.

Last night's performance removes excuses about the team not being good enough and raises questions about whether we are picking the best possible XI in the best possible shape.

It WAS a great result. But it does not prove anyone wrong - instead it creates an expectation that we should be doing this in a consistent basis and targeting a top half finish.

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

A lot have been posting positively on a good result last night on other threads, but you obviously haven't been reading them...oh and there is already exactly the same posting by another sarcastic clapper on here already. You should try contributing all round instead of creaming over a single result.

Can we drop the "happy clapper" label please? To be honest I think that is where the sarcasm and backbiting began.

When the vast majority wanted LJ out, the few that wanted to give him time got shouted down.

I will make this as easy as is possible.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest something that a majority of BCFC fans can see including many from the LJ in camp and that is that LJ  doesn't seem to think that central midfield especially is a problem, there is nothing to suggest that he is looking to bolster those 2 positions with quality signings.

If he fails to see this for a second full season and does not sign championship ready players in these incredibly important positions, we will struggle again for third season and that struggle and it's impending Johnson's in/out debate will have been self inflicted.

59 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am on the fence about LJ but, if anything, last night increases my frustration with him.

Yes, it is a great result and by the sounds of it a great second half performance BUT we have already shown we can play brilliantly against Barnsley and first half v Birmingham. But we have to do it on a regular basis.

A team that can win away at a Premier League team should not be capitulating against Birmingham, creating nothing against Millwall or spending 79 minutes under siege against Brentford.

Last night's performance removes excuses about the team not being good enough and raises questions about whether we are picking the best possible XI in the best possible shape.

It WAS a great result. But it does not prove anyone wrong - instead it creates an expectation that we should be doing this in a consistent basis and targeting a top half finish.

But nearly all football teams are inconsistent and as you say, if we played consistently well, we'd be in the top six.

Few of us are expecting that and would happily accept a solid mid table finish this season. If we have that expectation, then surely we must expect to play badly and lose occasionally. And accept it, if we are not losing consistently.

57 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Can we drop the "happy clapper" label please? To be honest I think that is where the sarcasm and backbiting began.

When the vast majority wanted LJ out, the few that wanted to give him time got shouted down.

That and anyone who was looking at the overall picture and able to find anything neutral, let alone positive was called either "one of the Johnsons" or a "BS employee, just on to say good things about LJ"

Once people start getting labelled for having a different opinion it is a downhill slope, but both sides do it.

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

I'm a self confessed Happy Clapper (or normal fan who doesn't completely overreact to every defeat as we prefer to be known) but do we really have to have posts like this after every good performance? Just as bad as those who only pop up on here after a defeat.

Can't we all just get along? :hug:

You and me both, thanks for saving me the time. :) 

keep on going with these threads. They're a great reflection on the attitudes of far too many fans who clearly aren't self aware of their behaviour. 

They say, "I'm glad to be proved wrong" or "I'm only voicing my concern" but the language they use doesn't reflect this. You can take issue with the way the club is wrong or the coach's tactics but at lest be respectful and consistent. 

Most importantly if you post a thread saying the managers clueless and that we're certainly bottom 4 again, take it as well as you dish it out when someone makes a thread like this. 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

42 posts, and like you care, gas you are, The anti LJ agenda on here is spoiling this site, time for mods to clean up I think.

No.

Some people want LJ out.

That's fine. Opinions should be allowed, and debated.

The thing with @GIBBO THE GREAT is that he doesn't actually debate anything. Just posts "Johnson out" repeatedly.

Would be good to see if Gibbo could do an actual post stating his reasons, his concerns and why he doesn't think LJ can address those. 

1 hour ago, SARJ said:

A decent cup win and the bloke's a saint

A poor draw and the bloke's Satan's love child.

I think he'll be found out to be somewhere between the two.

And if the division on OTIB was reflected at BS3 with 18,000 fans then OTIB would be a fair reflection of what the majority of fans think but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

The grief given by some against SL ( what does he see?) is a tiny minority who are very loud on a forum.

We're a big club but not a massive club.

We're competently run but not brilliantly run

We spend money but not ridiculous amounts

We invest for the future but it hinders the present

We stick with a young Manager but his inexperience shows

We're doing just about ok but no cigar

One thing I will add, which is probably worth being in its own post, rather than just added on to a response to someone else.

I think most regular posters on here will realise I was one who defended LJ a lot last season. Don't think I ever called for his head- though I came very close to doing so.

I have concerns about LJ.

I absolutely think he has some shortfalls as a manager, but, some of the abuse he got last season was disgraceful, which made me want to back him more (I think others have posted similar).

But the main reason(s) I didn't call for his head is that by the end of the bad run I didn't care who the manager was (wouldn't have gone to games if we appointed Warnock, but that is a seperate matter) as long as we stayed up. 

Add to this that I am utterly sick of the same old sack the manager-> stay up by skin of teeth-> relegation fight-> sack manager etc etc cycle. And that I had seen enough promise to believe we weren't going down under him.

18 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Put some bread on the water and up they come......

My point is that rather than post reactionary bollocks whenever we don't play well or whenever we do why don't we all just get behind the team and Johnson and support?

But thanks to everyone for your usual balanced replies ;)

Your point seems to have escaped you.

Can you actually tell the difference between reactionary bollocks and debate about genuine concerns?

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Your point seems to have escaped you.

Can you actually tell the difference between reactionary bollocks and debate about genuine concerns?

I think there is a lot more of the former (both sides guilty, but moreso the 'out brigade').

Posts such as writing us off as relegated, with 20 minutes remaining in the third game of the season being a prime example.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think there is a lot more of the former (both sides guilty, but moreso the 'out brigade').

Posts such as writing us off as relegated, with 20 minutes remaining in the third game of the season being a prime example.

There's actually very, very little of the former and usually only from two or three posters who regularly post bollocks not unlike the ones who started this thread and the ones merged into it - boring hypocrites.

If you read the larger threads post Millwall there is a vast amount of sensible discussion on both sides of the coin.  That's fairly typical.

12 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Clueless Johnson again!

Still playing Bobby Reid as a striker, only scored five.

Our kids are crap, fancy playing Vyner, Kelly and Hinds.

He doesn’t know what he’s doing!

We’ll get stuffed at Watford!

Come on all you moaning gits, how about a bit of credit!

Or are you all going to crawl back into the woodwork till we lose again???

The crowned prince of Happy-Clappy Kingdom.

:worship2:

tfj  :yes:

I'm a Johnson sceptic rather than a Johnson critic.  He hasn't done enough to convince me that he's the best man long-term to manage the club. 

I certainly don't dislike the guy and I recognise he has his good points.

We need to pull off some upsets in the league now before I  think about reversing my opinion. 

What last night shows is that our academy and youth recruitment policy is vastly improved on years gone by.

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No.

Some people want LJ out.

That's fine. Opinions should be allowed, and debated.

The thing with @GIBBO THE GREAT is that he doesn't actually debate anything. Just posts "Johnson out" repeatedly.

Would be good to see if Gibbo could do an actual post stating his reasons, his concerns and why he doesn't think LJ can address those. 

But if he is a Gibbon, even a great one it might not be easy, but if he keeps hammering away at the keyboard it is said a word might even form, but I doubt it.

There's actually very, very little of the former and usually only from two or three posters who regularly post bollocks not unlike the ones who started this thread and the ones merged into it - boring hypocrites.

If you read the larger threads post Millwall there is a vast amount of sensible discussion on both sides of the coin.  That's fairly typical.

Oh there is absolutely good reasoned debate.

Perhaps should have said "more than there should be" with the reactionary stuff.

But once one person comes out with it, you get a reactionary type post from the other side.

Then the stuff which is clearly taking the piss like the sarcastic "but where are the goals coming from" posts when we score (I may be guilty of a couple of them :innocent06:)

Not sure the people merging the posts are necessarily being hypocritical, just mods tidying up the forum.

12 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Clueless Johnson again!

Still playing Bobby Reid as a striker, only scored five.

Our kids are crap, fancy playing Vyner, Kelly and Hinds.

He doesn’t know what he’s doing!

We’ll get stuffed at Watford!

Come on all you moaning gits, how about a bit of credit!

Or are you all going to crawl back into the woodwork till we lose again???

Read this post....can't even be f*cked to read the whole thread. Pointless 

Time will tell. I predicted in March 2016 this manager will not progress us. And until I see something that proves otherwise....I'll keep saying it. I certainly have never crawled back in to any woodwork 

A good win last night indeed. Credit where credit is due for sure.

Let's see where we are come November . I hope if your wrong you won't go crawling into any woodwork 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oh there is absolutely good reasoned debate.

Perhaps should have said "more than there should be" with the reactionary stuff.

But once one person comes out with it, you get a reactionary type post from the other side.

Then the stuff which is clearly taking the piss like the sarcastic "but where are the goals coming from" posts when we score (I may be guilty of a couple of them :innocent06:)

Not sure the people merging the posts are necessarily being hypocritical, just mods tidying up the forum.

That's not what I said - the people who started this thread and the ones (meaning threads) merged into it.

Perhaps we could lay off the boring "I told you so" posts on both sides rather than just pretending it's only "the other side" that does it.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm a Johnson sceptic rather than a Johnson critic.  He hasn't done enough to convince me that he's the best man long-term to manage the club. 

I certainly don't dislike the guy and I recognise he has his good points.

We need to pull off some upsets in the league now before I  think about reversing my opinion. 

What last night shows is that our academy and youth recruitment policy is vastly improved on years gone by.

How long does he have then? Certainly as a club we are about where we should be, as far as could be well, that takes time, no good starting all over because some fans want a change, just for the sake of it, hardly a plan is it.?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

One thing I will add, which is probably worth being in its own post, rather than just added on to a response to someone else.

I think most regular posters on here will realise I was one who defended LJ a lot last season. Don't think I ever called for his head- though I came very close to doing so.

I have concerns about LJ.

I absolutely think he has some shortfalls as a manager, but, some of the abuse he got last season was disgraceful, which made me want to back him more (I think others have posted similar).

But the main reason(s) I didn't call for his head is that by the end of the bad run I didn't care who the manager was (wouldn't have gone to games if we appointed Warnock, but that is a seperate matter) as long as we stayed up. 

Add to this that I am utterly sick of the same old sack the manager-> stay up by skin of teeth-> relegation fight-> sack manager etc etc cycle. And that I had seen enough promise to believe we weren't going down under him.

Pretty much summarises my feelings. I was not surprised when we appointed Lee Johnson and I think his track record is middling so far - the jury is out as far as I'm concerned. I tend to favour continuity in the face of the increasing short termism in football though. In fact, before L J was appointed, I was one of the small minority that would have given Cotterill more time.

However, any suggestion of giving a manager longer to turn things round seems to attract the "happy clapper" abuse. 

Yet I think there is hardly anyone on OTIB who thinks LJ is brilliant, the future is definitely bright and we are heading for the top six. Those of us who call for patience are just hopeful, rather than optimistic. 

That's not what I said - the people who started this thread and the ones (meaning threads) merged into it.

Perhaps we could lay off the boring "I told you so" posts on both sides rather than just pretending it's only "the other side" that does it.

Ah, apoligies, misinterpretation on my part.

I did say both sides are guilty to be fair. I don't disagree with your second paragraph.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

How long does he have then? Certainly as a club we are about where we should be, as far as could be well, that takes time, no good starting all over because some fans want a change, just for the sake of it, hardly a plan is it.?

I'd like to see the club sitting well clear of the relegation  zone by Christmas. If we can maintain roughly where we are in the league that'll be visible progress from last season. 

The last three league games were not inspiring however and we have some tough games coming up.

Time will tell, but until we've played about 10 league games it's daft to try to predict how the season will work out. Like most folk, I'm giving Lee the benefit of the doubt. 

Archived