IGNORED

Player Ratings - Watford Away

Selred

Fielding - 6 , couple of good saves but kicking awful, so slow with the ball and that really stops our flow

Vyner - 8 , looked solid, got up and down well and supported Eliasson well

Flint - 7 , won some crucial headers and a good last ditch tackle

Mags - 7 , distributed the ball well, won a few heads, was outmuscled by Deeney a few times

Kelly - 9 , MOTM for me. Looked a seasoned pro, solid against Prem opposition and great assist for the second. Very promising future, very composed on the ball. 

Hegeler - 6 , couple of interceptions but off the pace and passing sloppy

O'Neil - 6 , can do something fantastic and be so calm on the ball, then makes a sloppy easy pass. Frustrating.

Eliasson - 7 , quiet but great ball to Diedhiou in the first half and took his goal very well.

O'Dowda - 8, good runs, done very well getting forward and offering defensive help. Should of scored though.

Hinds - 9, great running, great strength, took his goal very well. Looks like he can step up already.

Diedhiou - 6, sloppy at times, however there is something there. Once he's up to speed he'll be a good asset for the club, but can see him more as someone who sets up goals rather than takes them.

Subs:

Reid - 8, real pain in their backside. Fantastic on the ball, linked up a lot of play. The quality up top in the second half won us the game. 

Smith - 6, one really good forward run, but also lost a simple ball on the edge of the D which lead to a worrying Watford attack

Taylor - 6/7, some really good runs, talks to the players around him. Always going to be a pain for other teams to play against, may not get lots of goals but helps other players by pulling defences apart.

Lee Johnson - 9, looked defensively sound in the first half against a poor Watford. Good move to bring Reid on, which I was concerned at the time about. This is the city I love to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Interesting. Thanks for this. One thing I would say is that yu could probably forgive Magnússon for being outmuscled by Deeney on occasion.

A lot of Prem defenders have suffered the same fate.  Very, very strong player.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Kelly will be pushing Bryan hard for the left back spot this season 

Absolutely. I had my doubts after seeing him in Portugal two years back but has come on leaps and bounds. Deserves the hype.

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Interesting. Thanks for this. One thing I would say is that yu could probably forgive Magnússon for being outmuscled by Deeney on occasion.

Oh Deeney is a very classy player, definitely a league above, but I still feel Maggers needs to bulk up as there's a lot of big strikers he will need to hold his own against in his career. 

23 minutes ago, Selred said:

Fielding - 6 , couple of good saves but kicking awful, so slow with the ball and that really stops our flow

Vyner - 8 , looked solid, got up and down well and supported Eliasson well

Flint - 7 , won some crucial headers and a good last ditch tackle

Mags - 7 , distributed the ball well, won a few heads, was outmuscled by Deeney a few times

Kelly - 9 , MOTM for me. Looked a seasoned pro, solid against Prem opposition and great assist for the second. Very promising future, very composed on the ball. 

Hegeler - 6 , couple of interceptions but off the pace and passing sloppy

O'Neil - 6 , can do something fantastic and be so calm on the ball, then makes a sloppy easy pass. Frustrating.

Eliasson - 7 , quiet but great ball to Diedhiou in the first half and took his goal very well.

O'Dowda - 8, good runs, done very well getting forward and offering defensive help. Should of scored though.

Hinds - 9, great running, great strength, took his goal very well. Looks like he can step up already.

Diedhiou - 6, sloppy at times, however there is something there. Once he's up to speed he'll be a good asset for the club, but can see him more as someone who sets up goals rather than takes them.

Subs:

Reid - 8, real pain in their backside. Fantastic on the ball, linked up a lot of play. The quality up top in the second half won us the game. 

Smith - 6, one really good forward run, but also lost a simple ball on the edge of the D which lead to a worrying Watford attack

Taylor - 6/7, some really good runs, talks to the players around him. Always going to be a pain for other teams to play against, may not get lots of goals but helps other players by pulling defences apart.

Lee Johnson - 9, looked defensively sound in the first half against a poor Watford. Good move to bring Reid on, which I was concerned at the time about. This is the city I love to watch. 

I'll add my two pennyworth, to get a perspective form a confirmed non Johnson supporter, I agree with most of the above, what I will say sat behind the goal which is not normal position for me, the lack of movement in front of fielding when he has the ball is criminal especially from the midfield. Kelly dare I say it looks a better player than Bryan already, flint was a collosus, but how do you solve the Magnússon conundrum, he is not big enough or strong enough to play centre back and we have 2 better left backs. Helter showed why he shouldn't be considered a midfielder anymore and o Neil should not play at all! Hinds look a real prospect while I thought I dowda was the weakest of the kids on show. Bobby Reid turned the game when he came on and Ellison looked comfortable with an end product. Finally Johnson, took some balls to play that team fair play to him, got his tactics and substitutions correct so well done Lee.

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I'll add my two pennyworth, to get a perspective form a confirmed non Johnson supporter, I agree with most of the above, what I will say sat behind the goal which is not normal position for me, the lack of movement in front of fielding when he has the ball is criminal especially from the midfield. Kelly dare I say it looks a better player than Bryan already, flint was a collosus, but how do you solve the Magnússon conundrum, he is not big enough or strong enough to play centre back and we have 2 better left backs. Helter showed why he shouldn't be considered a midfielder anymore and o Neil should not play at all! Hinds look a real prospect while I thought I dowda was the weakest of the kids on show. Bobby Reid turned the game when he came on and Ellison looked comfortable with an end product. Finally Johnson, took some balls to play that team fair play to him, got his tactics and substitutions correct so well done Lee.

Wasn't there, but look at the contribution of O'Neil for Hinds goal.  A fit Gary O'Neil is more than good enough to play in our midfield...maybe not every week, I accept.  Got lots of good habits.

Vyner was solid at the back but could not get forward and bad decision making.

Kelly - wow what a player. Future BCFC captain if we can  hold on to him.

Hinds is just  a carbon copy of Jermain Defoe. You would not want to defend against him.

Bobby Reid came on and changed the game. His dynamism and positivity got us believing and going forward. I cannot believe I wrote that, but so pleased for him and us.

ODowda is showing the promise he offered. Watertight marking the flank with Kelly and gave us width which we always lack and was a genuine threat going forward. Missed a sitter.

Hegeler - i cannot see a place for him in our team. he was meant to be the calm passer under pressure but completely failed in that role tonight.

Eliason has talent but has a long way to go to adjust to the physicality and pace of the Championship.

Flint great to have him back. What a tackle on Deeney, who could not believe the ball was taken off him. 

Magnussen solid but lacks physicality but great passing.

Fielding kept us in the side with his saves but his kicking is atrocious.

Famara - Bas Savage

Oneill was positive and tried to get us going forward.

Taylor looked really good and intelligent movement. 

Korey Smith is lost. Hope it comes back.

Fans - awesome, especially  the numbers who travelled on a tuesday night league cup game in Watford

What team will LJ pick on Friday?

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn't there, but look at the contribution of O'Neil for Hinds goal.  A fit Gary O'Neil is more than good enough to play in our midfield...maybe not every week, I accept.  Got lots of good habits.

Glad somebody else commented Dave - won the ball and made a very unselfish ,gut busting run to create Hinds the space, knowing he was never going to get the ball

Brilliant strike by Hinds but GONs contribution was paramount

( His legs did look a Bit heavy on the run Mind :clap: :laughcont:)

Liking all the consistent reports of Lloyd Kelly

Another  poacher goal from BR

Liked CODs contribution and  Eliasons quick feet for the third (Though their first showed NE may be a bit naive when oppo have the ball and switches off , but that can be worked on)

Lots to,like 

Archived