IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Rich

I have to say, as one of his critics, he's doing a fantastic job as a striker.

Never thought he'd make it as a midfielder, due to size and his tendency to lose possession in dangerous positions.

The one thing I've noticed to have changed, is the size of his legs just above the knee, they seem much bigger. Am I correct in this, or have they always been that big?

He now seems much stronger in his runs to close down the opposition and his turns are more purposeful, gaining much needed space.

Well done Bobby.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Never thought he'd make it as a midfielder, due to size and his tendency to lose possession in dangerous positions.

The one thing I've noticed to have changed, is the size of his legs just above the knee, they seem much bigger. Am I correct in this, or have they always been that big?

He now seems much stronger in his runs to close down the opposition and his turns are more purposeful, gaining much needed space.

Well done Bobby.

Perv

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Well done Bobby.

Doesnt seem to stop running. Cracking effort isnt it? Only so long before someone bids for him tbh

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Can we keep hold of him during this window?

In this crazy new world of insanely obscene transfer fees, he's probably worth about £25million.  If he scores a couple against Villa on Friday, we may have a £40million player on our hands...

Of course, I might be exaggerating this just a tiny bit.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

In this crazy new world of insanely obscene transfer fees, he's probably worth about £25million.  If he scores a couple against Villa on Friday, we may have a £40million player on our hands...

Of course, I might be exaggerating this just a tiny bit.

Get a goal or put in a performance against Villa and I could see a few 10 Million + bids coming in.

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

Well done Bobby.

Quadzilla!

he really did change the game. He added the positive running that everyone else fed off. Whatever happened over the summer to his body as he has filled out and is quicker. But what is more impressive is the change in mental attitude. he seems to exude self belief and confidence and this rubs off on others. Well done Bobby and well done LJ for seeing something and having the balls to try it.

50 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

he really did change the game. He added the positive running that everyone else fed off. Whatever happened over the summer to his body as he has filled out and is quicker. But what is more impressive is the change in mental attitude. he seems to exude self belief and confidence and this rubs off on others. Well done Bobby and well done LJ for seeing something and having the balls to try it.

Said exactly this on another thread. Every time he steps onto the pitch this year he has an aura of confidence around him and others are feeding off it which is great to see.

7 minutes ago, joeyb said:

Said exactly this on another thread. Every time he steps onto the pitch this year he has an aura of confidence around him and others are feeding off it which is great to see.

Totally agree. He has a swagger about him that he knows he is the business. Some of his touches and turns tonight were lovely to watch 

8 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

As someone else has alluded to on here recently Bobs friendship with Tammy has been and continues to be a strong,positive influence...training and playing alongside,probable admiration of,with a close up view of someone going that extra yard,what's really required to push on-dedication/commitment,personal discipline/determination,staying on for extra training...................maybe the penny's dropped.

Long may it continue.

4 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

As someone else has alluded to on here recently Bobs friendship with Tammy has been and continues to be a strong,positive influence...training and playing alongside,probable admiration of,with a close up view of someone going that extra yard,what's really required to push on-dedication/commitment,personal discipline/determination,staying on for extra training...................maybe the penny's dropped.

Long may it continue.

Interesting angle.

7 hours ago, simon uk said:

Totally agree. He has a swagger about him that he knows he is the business. Some of his touches and turns tonight were lovely to watch 

I almost had to rub my eyes in disbelief, one of OUR players playing like THAT, and no disrespect but it was BOBBY REID!!! Everything he tried came off for him last night, Watford couldn't handle him at all. He was a joy to watch, and no doubt as teams become aware of him he won't get the room to perform, but at the moment I'm enjoying it and fair play to him he deserves to have his name belted out by the fans. 

11 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

3 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Technically has always had it. Questioned his composure, decision making and physical attributes in the past. Appears to of worked very hard over the summer on his strength, visibly bigger in his quads. Be interesting to see if he can maintain this seasons early promise but can't be knocked so far it would seem. 

In the summer he goes to the fitness camp,run by a guy whose name I can never remember , together with a number of Prem players

Admirable and got to give him a better chance - and it's showing

Think that Tammys influence must have been good and in fairness to LJ I suspect that his and coaches work with BR is one that's showing and deserves recognition and praise

Recall LJ talking about working on Bobby getting in as the third man

He was very Miss and hit with his finishing at that time but seems to have found , or is at least on a rolo of confidence

He looks a goalscorer atm , getting in the right place at the right time 

The interesting 'test' will be when he inevitably goes a few games without a goal or misses a few chances , how he reacts and how he bounces back

Well done Bobby and the coaches on this one

As Thatch35, or whatever he is called said a couple of weeks ago, all the opposition need to do is stop him scoring and Bristol City would have no goals. He also said that Reid could only score against non-league sides and Barnsley were as bad as a non-league side. Well, last night he scored and impressed against a premier league outfit. 

I do fear that once teams cotton on to Thatch35's wise tactic and try to stop Reid from scoring then the game would be up. I mean, when Dixie Dean scored 60 in a season back in the late twenties, Everton profited simply because the opposition hadn't figured out that they should just prevent Dean from scoring. The following season some teams had cottoned on to this ploy and Dean didn't get anywhere near 60.

Many a great striker's career has slumped when opposition defenders suddenly get the idea into their head to stop them from scoring. Fortunately, they usually score at a decent rate for a decade plus before defenders figure out that is all they have to do.

Archived