IGNORED

The World Has Gone Mad.....

Maesknoll Red

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:18, Northern Red said:

It was a woman that told them to sling it, naturally.

She's no doubt on a very decent wage per year to come out with this shite, so presumably she donated the £2.5k herself to cover the loss to the hospital as a result of her sensitivities to bearded blokes dressed as nurses?

Too busy hugging tree's with her Girlfriend.

These people were raising a bit of cash while having some fun.  Why these days do others have to take the fun out of living ? 

Circa 1976 myself and 6 others (all in drag) pushed a bathtub from Morphett Vale in South Australia into Adelaide to raise funds for the Adelaide Kids Hospital. Had a great laugh, raised circa $1500 (as I said back in 76) and were plastered all over Channel 9 telly who covered the event. The best part was when we "took" the Darlington Police Station and the bottom of Tapley's Hill enroute.  Again covered live on telly.  Eventually arrived at Channel 9 studios to be greeted with a keg of cold beer ............ result :drunk2:.   However, telly interviews we did after were a tad unconventional if not just plain raucous !!

To end the evening they had us all on a big dunking machine (one by one) while people took great delight in lobbing what ever was at hand to get us wet. Again all televised on prime time Saturday night telly. The upside was that I don't think I bought a drink in a pub for weeks after !!

40 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Too busy hugging tree's with her Girlfriend.

These people were raising a bit of cash while having some fun.  Why these days do others have to take the fun out of living ? 

Circa 1976 myself and 6 others (all in drag) pushed a bathtub from Morphett Vale in South Australia into Adelaide to raise funds for the Adelaide Kids Hospital. Had a great laugh, raised circa $1500 (as I said back in 76) and were plastered all over Channel 9 telly who covered the event. The best part was when we "took" the Darlington Police Station and the bottom of Tapley's Hill enroute.  Again covered live on telly.  Eventually arrived at Channel 9 studios to be greeted with a keg of cold beer ............ result :drunk2:.   However, telly interviews we did after were a tad unconventional if not just plain raucous !!

To end the evening they had us all on a big dunking machine (one by one) while people took great delight in lobbing what ever was at hand to get us wet. Again all televised on prime time Saturday night telly. The upside was that I don't think I bought a drink in a pub for weeks after !!

But people had a sense of humour back then.

Too many tosspots that are afraid to be seen as "non pc" to certain groups. If it was a bunch of women dressed up as hairy arsed builders donating the money, would that have been ok?

Thought the NHS would be greatful for any donations, regardless of how people were dressed.

Society needs to look at itself in the mirror and have a dose of man (Or is that sexist?) the f up.

I don't see anything in the slightest wrong with this, good on them I say. Very sad world we live in when people can't see past what's in front of them and look at the bigger picture.

If I were donating I would be much more likely to give it to a group of fundraisers who were obviously having fun and made some effort than to someone who just rattled a bucket in my direction. 

Archived