IGNORED

Freddie Hinds (Merged)

Robbored

Just shown the goals on SSN. Hinds goal was excellent. Picked up the ball in his own half, drifted past a couple of defenders and wellied a terrific low dipping shot from around 30yds.Hope his parents were there to watch him....

How long before Freddie gets a start? 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Shame we've just brought Woodrow in when Hinds looks so lively 

They serve different purposes so either one would be likely to be a direct replacement for each other. Hinds has really impressed in the EFL Cup but we need to remember he's young and edge him into the first team slowly. I really do hope he makes something of himself and if he keeps proving that he can, I'm sure he'll force his way in on a more regular basis. Cauley's signing may be confusing to some but let's not jump on him before he's even played a minute in a City shirt

1 hour ago, rednotblue said:

The second yellow.

it looks like we are 4 on 1 on the break??

yet more interested in getting a player sent off than scoring a goal?

Looked to me that the players were livid that the ref pulled play back.

Have only seen it on YouTube, but thought the ref should have played advantage, then come back for the sending off after the move had played out.

4 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Looked to me that the players were livid that the ref pulled play back.

Have only seen it on YouTube, but thought the ref should have played advantage, then come back for the sending off after the move had played out.

Im sure the rules were changed not so long ago so this could happen?

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Im sure the rules were changed not so long ago so this could happen?

Oh were they? I'd say that's a real shame, made a lot of sense to me. Last night the thing that stopped us breaking wasn't Eliasson being brought down, but the ref stopping play.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just shown the goals on SSN. Hinds goal was excellent. Picked up the ball in his own half, drifted past a couple of defenders and wellied a terrific low dipping shot from around 30yds.Hope his parents were there to watch him....

How long before Freddie gets a start? 

It's nice to see a player shooting from outside the box and taking a chance and scores. We don't see that often enough, as players take that extra touch or pass. As though they don't want to take the responsibility. 

More please. 

Yes there have been a few topics on here with him in mentioning but none solely for him. 

Now we we watched last season as an 18 year old practically kept us up with his goals, seems we now have another 18 year old who is fond on finding the net. 2 goals now I'm 2 starts. This can't be ignored by the management. Should we be starting him on Friday night live infeont of the sky cameras? I honestly think we should. He deserves his chance now at a league start, Diedhiou yes he's still adjusting to a new league, country what ever, isn't setting the world a light, and as a striker you deserve your place in the team if you're scoring goals, which he isn't and Hinds is when he's starting. We can't use the excuse of him being to young as Tammy showed us that's not the case, and so is Hinds at the moment. 

Give him him a start Lee! We might just have our own Tammy Abraham on OUR books. 

I wouldn't start him personally. Although it's great to see him do so well so early on at City! He doesn't score scruffy goals either does he?

I think Reid and Hinds are too similar to be starting along each other. I'd leave it with Reid and Famara but would change the midfield, especially wide areas. 

Depending how the game goes, I think he'll get 20 minutes or so.

Agree with the sentiment above in that Villa present a slightly different challenge and Diedhiou's physicality may help carve out space for Bobby (who I think we all agree needs to start).

What is great is to have an option like Hinds to bring on; he's shown quality and application, and could have a breakout year.

Puts pressure on Woodrow and Taylor too; they'll hopefully push on and look to impress, knowing Hinds is grabbing his chance.

Still expect him to head out on loan now Taylor is fit, and think that would do him a lot of good.

Definetely shouldn't start against villa, need someone like Fammy to boss the defence as Hinds and Reid are too small. Reid won't be dropped due to his stellar form currently either.

If we give him a few more league minutes each week, maybe subbing him on for Reid or Fammy would like to see him start ideally against Bolton but keep playing as first choice striker in the cup 

I would go with Diedhiou and Reid still. I think Villa will be more aggressive than Watford, but not as much as Millwall. I think he needs to be in the matchday squad though and would have no hesitation bringing him on, just think Diedhiou needs to put himself about and give the two centre backs a tough game and then utilise Hinds pace.

In two games he's done what Tammy never did, made his own goals and Hinds is touted as a more of a poacher type striker. Really exciting future.

The difference between Tammy and Hinds is that Tammy is 6'3" and built like a man. Hinds still looks like a kid. There's no need to rush him for me, with Taylor fit again and Woodrow here, we should try and get Hinds a L1/L2 loan and regular football until Christmas. If he scores well then bring him back and give him games. Don't see the need to rush him really, I'd rather have a top player in 12 months time than a decent youngster now

Archived