IGNORED

Freddie Hinds (Merged)

Robbored

9 hours ago, handsofclay said:

On RB it was explained that the ref had to send the player off immediately because had City's attack broken down and then Watford counter-attacked it could have occurred where the shouldn't be on the pitch player set up or scored a goal.

Exactly what a friend of mine who referees at a good non league level told me today. Makes sense.

12 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Two small guys up front........ it worked with Riley and Neville!!

Give Freddy and Bobby a go!

Just catching up on this thread, and was thinking the same.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and still like the big-man / small-man pairing, but I've seen two little-uns work, and two big-uns too.  All about understandings, intuition, unselfishness etc.  There will be a lot of defences in this division based on a couple of lumps, who wouldn't want to have to run around after two quick, high energy strikers.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He'd be in my squad now and I'd be giving him game time whenever I could , ideally in  games we are winning , under less pressure

If he continues to shine he will force himself into a starting place

Championship is a tough place with some experienced physical centre halves

Need to remember his age and the jump,he's making - can't expect him to be consistent or deliver every time

If LJ thinks FH is the real deal (albeit raw and inexperienced) I'd be letting Matty Taylor go, and rather than gaining experience on loan in L1/L2, I'd be letting him learn playing with better players and getting / retaining good habits.  I've only seen the Plymouth game so don't know if we are getting a bit over-excited.  Sometimes I think you're better off letting them learn by being around better players, and also does Freddie need to get kicked up and down in L1/L2.

If he is good enough I'd happily go with Diedhiou, Reid, Woodrow and Hinds as my match day 4.  Milan back around Xmas, then allows LJ to reflect on what's best for the squad of strikers.

10 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Good post. Not sure about starting but what he has done is create competition for places and he has put his name in the hat. He has taken the chances that have been given to him. Credit to LJ as he put him in the First Team squad at the beginning of the season.  There can be often doom and gloom around the club but it is really nice being positive about our young players and finally a club strategy looks like bearing fruit. Hinds has definitely stepped up and this is precisely the pressure we want being put on our first 11.....

Yep, can only put in good displays and put thoughts in the manager's head.  Bobby has done that, and it's almost inconceivable for him not to play.

18 hours ago, City Ben said:

Looked to me that the players were livid that the ref pulled play back.

Have only seen it on YouTube, but thought the ref should have played advantage, then come back for the sending off after the move had played out.

If giving a second yellow, there is no option to play on and then come back to send him off. Either you blow up immediately and send him off, or you play on and no second booking. 

20 hours ago, rednotblue said:

The second yellow.

it looks like we are 4 on 1 on the break??

yet more interested in getting a player sent off than scoring a goal?

No. The ref stopped the game not the players. Smith was pretty upset. It was a high likelihood of a goal and a poor decision...

I have read some of the stuff on this thread and make a couple of comments. Adam Baker's comment was based upon a comment by another official at another match and what the referee said afterward

The player committed a cautionable offence, not a straight red. We see referees issuing cards retrospectively all the time and in this instance a decision needed to be made, but as the offence was to deliberately stop a goal scoring opportunity the defender achieved his aim aided and abetted by the referee. The argument that 4 v 1 running toward goal that we may have lost the ball and the player who committed the offence may have had some hand in scoring a goal in the other end (before the referee could stop the game) when he should not of been on the field is spurious.

Refereeing is about making judgement calls every second of every match. In this case he should have made a different judgement.

Anyone who asks the answer is yes!

Archived