Next 5 League Games

Super

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Fulham L

Cardiff W

Weds L

PNE W

Hull D

So seven which would give us 31 pts from 19 games - 1.63 per game which gives us 75ish for the season which should be edge of the playoffs.

To the half way stage, we have then five, followed by I think QPR, M'Boro, Forest and Sheffield Utd. Don't think I would look at any of those nine games as 'should really wins', it is a pretty tough run.

Would be delighted to be over 1.5 PST per game at the turn. So little between all the teams that it would be possible to do ok'ish and still end up not much better than mid table.

Fingers crossed. Think the next nine of do will tell us whether we are a mid table team that has had a good start, of hopefully a little better!

Said it before, Lee follows his Dad in looking at 10 block games and wanting a minimum of 17 points each block. Keep this up throughout the season and a top 6 position is pretty much guaranteed. Big tick for first block and 7 points from 4 games so far in 2nd block meaning 10 points required in next 6. Good system to work to.

Fulham - D

Cardiff - W

SW - W

Preston - W

Hull - D

Fulham will be tough with them losing points at home to Bolton. Cardiff will be tough but feel we are due a win against them and they do not scare me going forward. SW are struggling and as long as they do not change manager before they play us I think we can take the 3. Preston another tough one but at AG think edges it. Hull not doing great but have talent and hard to see 4 wins from 5. 

This league is probably the most competitive in world , nay , galactical football .

Any one can beat anyone . Each game you have to be functioning at 100% or the opponents will get the points .

It is non-stop , attritional and I bloody love it .

I love it even more now we're competing at the right end .

The next five league games are always the hardest.

Fulham (a) L

Cardiff (h) D

Sheff W (a) W

Preston (h) W

Hull (a) L

7 Points, not a great return, tough games ahead. Think Fulham are due a win against us, Warnock always seems to get one over us, Sheff W defence is dodgy and our pace will expose them, Preston I think will start to head down the table and reckon we will play them at a good time. Hull, no idea so put defeat.

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fulham - D

Cardiff - W

SW - W

Preston - W

Hull - D

Fulham will be tough with them losing points at home to Bolton. Cardiff will be tough but feel we are due a win against them and they do not scare me going forward. SW are struggling and as long as they do not change manager before they play us I think we can take the 3. Preston another tough one but at AG think edges it. Hull not doing great but have talent and hard to see 4 wins from 5. 

Boro fan on the radio said Cardiff were very defensive up there last week . Parked the bus and hit them on the break . Hope I’m wrong obviously but I think it’ll be a draw at best against them. Preston will also be very tough. Can see us getting something tomorrow and at Sheffield wed 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Boro fan on the radio said Cardiff were very defensive up there last week . Parked the bus and hit them on the break . Hope I’m wrong obviously but I think it’ll be a draw at best against them. Preston will also be very tough. Can see us getting something tomorrow and at Sheffield wed 

If they park the bus we will bring our battering ram... Milan get warmed up... :) 

58 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hopefully Milan is the difference in matches like those. I haven’t seen too many teams catch us on the counter at full strength so not worried about that. 

Fulham (a) - D

Cardiff (h) - L

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - L

Preston (h) - D

Hull (a) - W

5 pts. Bit negative perhaps, but with some reasonably tricky away trips along with 2 home opponents we're not particularly well suited to or have a good recent record against, I wouldn't say that would be terrible.

We're capable of doing better, but it's not an easy stretch by any means. I'd be surprised and very happy if we get through it unbeaten like some are suggesting

34 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Fulham (a) - D

Cardiff (h) - L

Preston (h) - D

Hull (a) - W

5 pts. Bit negative perhaps, but with some reasonably tricky away trips along with 2 home opponents we're not particularly well suited to or have a good recent record against, I wouldn't say that would be terrible.

We're capable of doing better, but it's not an easy stretch by any means. I'd be surprised and very happy if we get through it unbeaten like some are suggesting

Blimey ! Have you been watching City recently ?

30 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

And sheff Wednesday were very lucky at their place last year. We're owed 3 points by them 

Fulham D Good defensive team. Keep the ball well

Cardiff W this city team wint be riughed up by Colin.

Sheff W D Still a lot of talent in that team

Preston W done remarkably well with their budget

Hull D could be a win but depends on where their confidence is by the time we play the.

9 points

On 29/10/2017 at 21:47, BCFC Richard said:

Fulham 

Cardiff 

Weds 

PNE 

Hull 

I'll stick with what I said for the last group of 5. Seems to apply for these too.

6 or less - poor

7 - passable

9 -good

10-12 - very good

12+ - incredible. 

9 points from any 5 games is better than good. I’d say 8pts = good. 9pts = very good. 10pts = fantastic. Anything more = exceptional. 

17 hours ago, bcfctim said:

Fulham (a) - D

Cardiff (h) - L

Preston (h) - D

Hull (a) - W

Ha, at least we're not all riding the optimism bus.  To be fair even if we got five from the next five that will mean 15 from the last 10. 1.5 ppg isn't awful.

Archived