IGNORED

Jonathan Kisolokele Leko - (season long loan)

Milan djurichimovic

26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So what we really need is a trapezoid pitch, narrower at the end we're defending.

Then at halftime get the groundsman to paint the lines the other way.

Think u will find that's not possible as once the pitch is set it's done for the season - EFL rule

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Listening to others - sounds an exciting signing

Slurprised , considering how we play cards close to our chest that LJ tells fans about this in Park Street !!! :blink:

No harm done this time around thankfully :thumbsup:

Welcome Jonathan -

RIP IT UP  :city:

I'm guessing it was signed and sealed by that stage Bob, just waiting to get the Villa game out the way before announcing it?

11 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I imagine our midfield and strike force will look like this 

----- Brownhill--Pack---

Leko -------------------- Pato

------------Reid-----------------

------------------Diedhou-----

with Lucic, Kelly, Flint/Wright, Smith, Odowda, Elliasson, Đurić/Taylor/Hinds on the bench 

Two bad games and everyone now doesn't rate Smith. Hopefully Johnson got a better memory 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Two bad games and everyone now doesn't rate Smith. Hopefully Johnson got a better memory 

Think it's been more than 2 games RD. It's been a while now since he's been really effective. Shame as we know what a player is in there and I've raved about him on here in the past. Maybe the injuries have taken longer to get over or maybe they've taken something away from him mentally or physically but he's just not been the same player imho. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Think it's been more than 2 games RD. It's been a while now since he's been really effective. Shame as we know what a player is in there and I've raved about him on here in the past. Maybe the injuries have taken longer to get over or maybe they've taken something away from him mentally or physically but he's just not been the same player imho. 

End of last season he was awesome and was great against Barnsley and Brentford 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not that I don't rate him just going off stuff Johnson has said about Brownhill makes me think he'll start and Pack is the better of Him and Smith so can see him playing. He's still a very good player and runs his legs off for the team doing the dirty work

On 23/08/2017 at 18:21, RedRoss said:

No disrespect to the OP for sharing but I don't think this will happen. 

I doubt LJ would casually drop his next transfer target whilst having a few with a randomer in Brown's. 

Delete delete delete

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

End of last season he was awesome and was great against Barnsley and Brentford 

I wasn't at Brentford but didn't think he stood out at all against Barnsley. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against him at all and he's steady now and can do a job but for us to improve and move forwards we need to upgrade I think. 

Hello, Albion fan here. Felt compelled to pass comment on the news that Leko has joined Bristol City on loan.

I haven't been so excited about a player at the Albion since we signed Odemwingie and before him, Kanu. He really gets you out of your seat (a rarity with a Pulis team :D). This kid has incredible raw talent and great pace. When he made his league debut v West Ham, he left Aaron Cresswell on his backside twice. The highlights video earlier in this thread really does show what he's all about. But that was 18 months ago. Since then, he has been used sparingly but sadly he doesn't seem to have improved much in that time, so the fans think that a loan deal is ideal for both Leko and the club. Hopefully, he'll re-build his confidence and most importantly, improve his decision making (he has a tendency to hold onto the ball a bit too long when he has a team-mate in a better position). 

Really hoping he does a good job at City and I'll be taking great interest in your matches now (other than when you're playing the V***a or the Dingles). 

So does this suggest O'Dowda now drops to the ever enlarging 'one for the future' pool and goes out on loan? Overall consensus I read on here is that he has not lived up to expectations; whatever they were. 

Seems SL is allowing his management team to go out and recruit like mad which will undoubtedly mean a number of misses as we are seeing. 

This is one hell of a project, experiment, punt, call it what you like, that we are witnessing. Its fascinating, exciting and frustrating. Gonna be a season and a half one way or other. 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Buy getting an 18 year old winger what does that say about Callum odowda. 2 million down the drain? We now have 5 wingers at the club and not one who can get to the byline and cross the ball

So in saying none can that writes off Leko already.

We get it, O'Dowda shagged your wife or something because you your best to avoid saying even neutral about him at all costs. He blows hot and cold, but when playing well is decent at this level (Huddersfield and Villa last season just 2 examples). He will improve with time too, but nah, write him off as well.

That leaves 2 more of the five you say we have, which I will have to guess who they are because our 3 wingers are covered already.

Patterson, comfortable on the wing but more of a central player.

Brownhill/Bryan

Brownhill is a CM who can play wide.

Bryan is a LB for us, and have you seen his crossing?

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, not as if Eliasson has played at all or anything.

I was replying to the question as to where this leaves Eliasson? and I believe having to give WBA/Pulis some sort of reassurance over Leko's involvement in our squad, either O'Dowda or Eliasson could well drop down the pecking order and my money is on Eliasson as ODowda seems to be LJ's go to guy for some reason at the moment, this loan to me seems strange or maybe the signing of Eliasson is strange, take yer pick.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I was replying to the question as to where this leaves Eliasson? and I believe having to give WBA/Pulis some sort of reassurance over Leko's involvement in our squad, either O'Dowda or Eliasson could well drop down the pecking order and my money is on Eliasson as ODowda seems to be LJ's go to guy for some reason at the moment, this loan to me seems strange or maybe the signing of Eliasson is strange, take yer pick.

As I understand it both Eliasson and Leko are dual footed. I would hope they are both ahead of O'Dowda otherwise some of us are gonna be questioning Johnson's sanity. Or maybe they have already.

26 minutes ago, Cider red said:

we have a lot of wide players now, surely we will play 4 3 3 with Reid deidhou leko/eliasdon/pato up top

Interesting thought. I liked Carragher talking about 'wide attackers not wingers' yesterday, referring to Mane and Salah.

We have a few wide attackers now who can go both inside and outside, which gives you more flexibility than players who are glued to the touchline.

There are times at least when we need an extra man in midfield too.

Archived