IGNORED

Freddie Hinds

alexukhc

7 hours ago, simon uk said:

This occured to me too... we poached him as we are a higher level academy. Can he in turn be poached from us by someone else or does he have a pro contract??

We certainly didn't "poach" him, we paid Luton an agreed fee, as their manager (Nathan Jones) said at the time.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Next question: was that long range screamer a fluke or does he naturally have a great strike on him? We haven't had a player that can really shoot for ages. 

Wouldn't say it was a fluke since he did the same against Plymouth. If he gets into space in that area, and there's no better option available then he will shoot. 

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Next question: was that long range screamer a fluke or does he naturally have a great strike on him? We haven't had a player that can really shoot for ages. 

If memory serves me correct the one he scored against Plymouth was also very nice.

Check out the highlights on the main site of the Plymouth game - 4th goal.

16 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Wouldn't say it was a fluke since he did the same against Plymouth. If he gets into space in that area, and there's no better option available then he will shoot. 

No hesitation at all in squeezing the trigger,which= confidence ..

Certainly showing promise & seems to be loving it being with/in the first team-keep it going,Fred!

1 hour ago, Abingdon Red said:

From which club did we get him?

Luton let him go at the time because the manager said he didn't feel he could impact the first team. Several months later and some feel he should be behind famara and bobby.

Seems like he has made some improvement and even LJ has said he has developed quicker than anticipated. He could be another Marvin Brown but I understand they likened him to a Nicky Maynard type.

8 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I was told he'd be offered a new deal within the next few weeks then loaned out

God i hope this isnt true. Hes scored as many in 3 games as matty taylor managed in 20 last season. Taylor is taking up a squad place that i dont think he is good enough for.

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Luton let him go at the time because the manager said he didn't feel he could impact the first team. Several months later and some feel he should be behind famara and bobby.

Seems like he has made some improvement and even LJ has said he has developed quicker than anticipated. He could be another Marvin Brown but I understand they likened him to a Nicky Maynard type.

LJ said he's a year ahead in his development than what they would expect.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

the way it dipped says to me it was technique rather then fluke 

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I was told he'd be offered a new deal within the next few weeks then loaned out

he needs to be loaned out next week because he can only go non-league after the window shuts, and he's better off here then going none league at the moment,

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

he needs to be loaned out next week because he can only go non-league after the window shuts, and he's better off here then going none league at the moment,

The way it was put to me is we want him locally but there are no teams good enough for him around here, presume it'll be a League One loan. Plymouth maybe an option, we have a good understanding with them too.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

We certainly didn't "poach" him, we paid Luton an agreed fee, as their manager (Nathan Jones) said at the time.

I think he's been gone too long now anyway :whistle:

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'd rather keep him here, and continue learning from our players, than go L1/L2, and pick up bad habits.  Sometimes the future is now.  He can sit on our bench, get minutes here and there, play u23 games etc.  Matty Taylor can go to Charlton.

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Don't think 2 in 2 games can be called a fluke. Hopefully see a few more from him!

Wonder if he can take free kicks if he's got that sort of range.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he's been gone too long now anyway :whistle:

I'd rather keep him here, and continue learning from our players, than go L1/L2, and pick up bad habits.  Sometimes the future is now.  He can sit on our bench, get minutes here and there, play u23 games etc.  Matty Taylor can go to Charlton.

are you sure it wasn't

Archived