IGNORED

Who's the mystery injury?

EmersonsRed

Just listening to LJ's interview, says we have an injury, won't say who but that the individual was involved Tuesday and will miss the squad tonight. Will also have a scan today. The way he said it suggested it was a starting XI player.

I presume it has the potential to be quite bad, in my experiences if they've had to wait a few days for a scan it's for the swelling to reduce, so probably a knee or ankle injury?

Famara was taken off early on, could it be him? Can hardly see us keeping it under wraps if it was a fringe player...

17 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Just listening to LJ's interview, says we have an injury, won't say who but that the individual was involved Tuesday and will miss the squad tonight. Will also have a scan today. The way he said it suggested it was a starting XI player.

I presume it has the potential to be quite bad, in my experiences if they've had to wait a few days for a scan it's for the swelling to reduce, so probably a knee or ankle injury?

Famara was taken off early on, could it be him? Can hardly see us keeping it under wraps if it was a fringe player...

Smith I reckon , he took a nasty one to the ankle.

Just hope it's not the one he's previously had problems with .

Fielding...

Only because it's a strange one to say nothing about, and I think its quite clear he's not happy at the goalkeeping situation. Was amazed that Lucic didn't play through the week or against Plymouth - almost unheard of to change most of the team for a cup game but not the goalkeeper, especially as in recent years we usually have played the reserve keeper in lesser cup competitions...

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

Fielding...

Only because it's a strange one to say nothing about, and I think its quite clear he's not happy at the goalkeeping situation. Was amazed that Lucic didn't play through the week or against Plymouth - almost unheard of to change most of the team for a cup game but not the goalkeeper, especially as in recent years we usually have played the reserve keeper in lesser cup competitions...

Agreed, when Watford scored their second at the end Flint clattered into him and he ended up in the back of the net, then that was the end of the game. LJ should have played Lucic in that game, looks like he might get his chance tonight.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm hearing it's NOT Frankie. Panic over. 

I think he's singularly the most important name in our starting XI. 

that is a relief and I can see your point on Frankie. Keeping us in games, as we still cant defend for 90 mins. It was strange Lucic isnt tried in the cup games. he was great against Fulham last year.

If it is Joe Bryan it will be interesting to see if LJ goes with Kelly or Magnússon. Kelly, a natural  left back but inexperienced or Magnússon, experienced but more of a central defender. I assume it won't be Golbourne as he is out of favour. 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If it is Joe Bryan it will be interesting to see if LJ goes with Kelly or Magnússon. Kelly, a natural  left back but inexperienced or Magnússon, experienced but more of a central defender. I assume it won't be Golbourne as he is out of favour. 

Sure it would be Magners

Archived