IGNORED

Who's the mystery injury?

EmersonsRed

8 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

Jumping to conclusions here but, could it be flint? Joe Bryan left a cheeky comment on his instgram about his ankle - which looks wrapped up. Johnson has never said "Flint's not in the team because his head's gone" everyone just assumed it's related to him 'having his head turned'

Exactly who I was going guess, it's obvious it's Flinty and I haven't even seen the Joe comment. He gets dropped since the speculation started, gets a little shop window teaser on Tuesday, clattered Frankie and now conveniently he's possibly injured.Hmmm

Of course this could all be a very clever ruse to fool Villa. 

Speaking of Villa, providing Terrys playing, I think we'll try and run at the defence as much as possible. Don't think he has the legs to cope for 90 minutes being ran at.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don't think he would have taken Diedhiou off at half time unless he was injured, so he looks the clear favourite to me.  If he is out, I'd start with Reid and Taylor, though a sneaky part of me would love to see Aden Flint played up front against John Terry.  That could be entertaining!  :cool:

I think it was planned to keep Fammy fit for tonight . 

LJ let Fammy and Bobby have 45 mins each to keep them ticking over but not to over tire them .

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think it was planned to keep Fammy fit for tonight . 

LJ let Fammy and Bobby have 45 mins each to keep them ticking over but not to over tire them .

Ok thanks.  Fair enough.  If Famara is fit, it's a big challenge fir him tonight.

My eight year old says 2-1 City.

• Admin

I'm really hoping it isn't Famara.

I had Watford away down as the second time Johnson has won a match here with his tactical substitutions and was hoping it was an indicator that he is improving (also note, zero players thrown under the bus so farthis season).

It will be hugely deflating to me if it turns out Reid for Fam was an enforced change due to injury. :( 

9 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I'm really hoping it isn't Famara.

I had Watford away down as the second time Johnson has won a match here with his tactical substitutions and was hoping it was an indicator that he is improving (also note, zero players thrown under the bus so farthis season).

It will be hugely deflating to me if it turns out Reid for Fam was an enforced change due to injury. :( 

It would still have been a big call to replace your record signing striker, with a midfielder...! :whistle:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

And believe me that was nothing like a ' OTIB ' kicking .

You're right Major.

Hoxton is right to mind. Irony on here is a waist of thyme.

Goes over people's heads. Will I be allowed to start a thread about LJ irrespective of the result/performance/weather tonight?

:blink:

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm hearing it's NOT Frankie. Panic over. 

I think he's singularly the most important name in our starting XI. 

Jeez the consensus on here about Frankie is up and down like a yo-yo.

That's not a dig at you btw. I dont get to many games and dont read every thread but it just seems every couple of games his popularity changes from liability to world beater and back again - or am I imagining it?

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

That's not a dig at you btw. I dont get to many games and dont read every thread but it just seems every couple of games his popularity changes from liability to world beater and back again - or am I imagining it?

It's the split on here. Many think his distribution isn't good enough. I think a goalie just needs to stop the ball going im his net, FF is good at that.

Claudio Bravo's distribution is excellent. Perhaps we'd rather have him!

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It's the split on here. Many think his distribution isn't good enough. I think a goalie just needs to stop the ball going im his net, FF is good at that.

Claudio Bravo's distribution is excellent. Perhaps we'd rather have him!

Frankie's distribution is rubbish, but most other parts of his game are good/excellent. 

It's no coincidence that he's seen off competition from how many other keepers since he's been here..?!

Every keeper will make the odd howler, they all do, but Frankie he's proven that he's perfectly good at this level and without spending £5million Plus to tempt another teams first choice keeper here, I don't think we'd get much better, who it proven at this level or above. 

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Especially one that can't score!

(Well, except non-league sides, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Barnsley, Brum, Brentford and Watford :whistle:)

I reckon that should be our new chant for him. Instead of 'he scores when he likes' it would be (deep breath now)  - Bobby Reid he only scores against non leagues teams except Cheltenham, yeovil, Barnsley, Birmingham, Brentford and premier league teams when we play them in the cup! 

Pretty catchy :yes:

Archived