IGNORED

Who's right? BCFC site or me?

Norn Iron

I've got to a certain age whereby my memory could be called into question. However,  on today's BCFC site page about AVFC it states that the bloke heading the ball is Dave Rodgers. I'm right, aren't I?

I'll withhold the name of who I think it is in case I'm wrong (I'm obviously not man enough).

Screenshot_2017-08-25-10-19-10.jpg

Jimmy Mann.

I actually seen the same pic on eBay a few days ago and on there it says David Rogers. I think it was erroneously captioned by Shoot Magazine. The daft thing was the same person is selling another, proper pic, of David Rogers which is actually him.

It is Jimmy Mann 100%. If it was Rogers he wouldn't need to jump.

Strange to see a picture of Shelts with so much hair, as it had definitely started to recede by the time he joined us.

What a top player he was, got stuck in (as you could in those days), got his fair share of goals without taking penalties or free kicks and gave us that bit of experience you always need in the centre of the pitch.

Inspired move by Big Joe to get rid of McClaren and bring him in as a swap, now, if I could just remember the name of that bloke who suggested that we should sign him in the second ever edition of The Bountyhunter :fear:.

Is the tagline necessarily linked to the photo?

You could read them as unrelated.  A picture of two players and then an unrelated statement that Rodgers scored.  It doesn't say "(above)" or "picture of".

I'm being (very) generous in giving the site the benefit of the doubt but perhaps the author knew what they were doing?

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fwiw - Still think it's Collier !

Look at the marking on his right jaw line & cheek

and compare with Colliers right jaw line / cheek

;)

Quite a few sure about Jimmy Mann so guess I'm wrong tho !

IMG_3125.PNG

IMG_3124.JPG

The caption on the first picture actually says 'jimmy Mann and Gary Shelton' or am I being a complete muppet ?

3 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

The caption on the first picture actually says 'jimmy Mann and Gary Shelton' or am I being a complete muppet ?

Hi Chaz it does! However, if you see my original post all will be revealed.  

I've just reread the Site's blurb underneath that photo. Yer tiz!

The only mention of Jimmy Mann is in the starting 11. So whilst another poster was being kind to the journalism in the hope that it might explain the error, I think they have got it wrong this time!

Screenshot_2017-08-25-12-54-21.jpg

15 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Chaz it does! However, if you see my original post all will be revealed.  

I've just reread the Site's blurb underneath that photo. Yer tiz!

The only mention of Jimmy Mann is in the starting 11. So whilst another poster was being kind to the journalism in the hope that it might explain the error, I think they have got it wrong this time!

Screenshot_2017-08-25-12-54-21.jpg

Thanks you have just made me feel old, where did a teenage Howard Pritchard come from?

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I've got to a certain age whereby my memory could be called into question. However,  on today's BCFC site page about AVFC it states that the bloke heading the ball is Dave Rodgers. I'm right, aren't I?

I'll withhold the name of who I think it is in case I'm wrong (I'm obviously not man enough).

Screenshot_2017-08-25-10-19-10.jpg

Pretty sure as they have got it wrong it could be the sun or the post or (sorry lost the will too quote all the papers)

Archived