IGNORED

OTIB Ongoing Quiz

BCFC Rich

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Struggling to think of a question! Think this is a bit of an easy one..

Question: On an issue of Well Red - Lee Johnson featured on the cover with a pose and caption which was an exact replica of one done by his father a few years earlier.

What was the quote on the front of both programmes?

Johnson says Bounce around the ground?

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Struggling to think of a question! Think this is a bit of an easy one..

Question: On an issue of Well Red - Lee Johnson featured on the cover with a pose and caption which was an exact replica of one done by his father a few years earlier.

What was the quote on the front of both programmes?

Wasn't a photo of his arse in a Burton's shop window was it?

3 hours ago, Robin Ashton said:

This is a two part one...

On May 30th 1979 City played a friendly; who was it against, and which former City player scored for them?

Was it that rugby/football combined game played at the Memorial Ground?  It was a testimonial. 

3 hours ago, Robin Ashton said:

This is a two part one...

On May 30th 1979 City played a friendly; who was it against, and which former City player scored for them?

I think it's John Bain for the Portland Timbers. I remember my former Step-dad talking about us playing NASL teams when that was still a thing and he is the only former city player I can find in that league. Although I can't find a record of us actually playing them (and I know nothing about him as a player on wiki looks like he only played a few game for us).

53 minutes ago, Robin Ashton said:

Bravo, Richard!

http://www.funwhileitlasted.net/2013/08/21/may-30-1979-portland-timbers-vs-bristol-city-f-c/

http://www.nasljerseys.com/Friendlies/Teams/Timbers Friendlies.htm#1978BristolCity

Off the top of my head other City players in the NASL were Gary Collier, Len Bond, Roger Kenyon, Mike Mahoney.

Wow okay, I missed loads of players! Great question though. I'll think hard and put mine up soon.

1 minute ago, Robin Ashton said:

I admit I had to look it up! According to Wikipedia they're one and the same: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991–92_Full_Members'_Cup

It`s a bit like the JPT, different names, same competition. The one I`m thinking of was the only time we played in it when it was called the Zenith Data Systems - I hope!:whistle:

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Over to me then.

What was the score and who were the opponents in City`s only match in the Zenith Data Systems Cup

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s a bit like the JPT, different names, same competition. The one I`m thinking of was the only time we played in it when it was called the Zenith Data Systems - I hope!:whistle:

Played in the Zenith Data Systems cup twice: 

As RA says home to Southampton in 1991 where we lost 2-1.

But also the previous year away to Oxford, we lost 3-2.

58 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Played in the Zenith Data Systems cup twice: 

As RA says home to Southampton in 1991 where we lost 2-1.

But also the previous year away to Oxford, we lost 3-2.

Twas the Oxford one I was thinking of - drew 2-2 and lost 3-2 on pens. Dave Rennie hit possibly the worst penalty I`ve ever seen - it went out of the ground!

I must admit I do remember the Saints game but thought the cup was called something else when we played it.

Not one of our better cup records whichever way you look at it!

Best pass this over to @Robin Ashton then

Archived